Chapter 11

My Prince?

Joongki’s POV:

 

@ Club Splash

 

            I was looking for the others, when I saw a very struggling Jinwoon helping a very drunk Chansung to walk on his feet. Chansung’s arm was over Jinwoon’s shoulder, his head was hanging like it was lifeless, and he was walking wobbly. He must’ve gone overboard with the alcohol. I started to walk over to them and shouted, “YAH! Jinwoon! Chansung!” They both stopped and turned their heads towards me. When I got to them, I could smell alcohol reeking from Chansung.

 

“YAH! Chansung! What have you been doing? You smell like someone barfed on you. And you look horrible.” Chansung didn’t answer, instead Jinwoon explained, “He joined one of Jia’s Drinking contests. Now he’s drunk and I’ve gotta get him home. And he’s freaking heavy. He didn’t even win.” Chansung suddenly shot his head up and shouted, “I would have won if it weren’t for that Soyu girl. She got the $100.” My eyes widened as I said, “Wait! What?! A girl named Soyu?” Chansung suddenly made a barfing noise, but he didn’t really barf. “Joongki we gotta go. I don’t think Chansung can handle anymore partying. I’m gonna take him home.” Jinwoon said as he headed out.

 

BEEP… BEEP…

 

I opened my phone and there was a new message.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

To: Joongki

From: Cheondung

Hey Joongki! Me and Onew are gonna take Callista and Soyu to Callista’s apartment. They accidentally joined Jia’s drinking contest and they’re totally drunk. Could you tell their friends? Me and Onew are gonna head back after this. But maybe we’re gonna stay with them, I don’t know. I’ll feel bad if we leave them both alone there. Well,  no need to wait for us. Thanks.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

            Wow! I guess they really do like to party hard. I started looking around the club, trying to find the other girls. I saw them sitting in a booth and immediately ran to them. “Hey ladies!” I called out and they looked at my direction. “Joongki oppa? What’s wrong?” Hara asked curiously as I stopped in front of them, trying to catch my breath. “Wait. Let me… Let me just catch my breath first.” I coughed as I raised one of my hands as a sign for them to wait, “God, that’s the first time I’ve ever ran for anything. And it’s also going to be my last, I swear.” Hara and Seohyun giggled while Raina openly laughed.

 

Honestly, I wasn’t trying to be funny nor was there anything to laugh at, so I didn’t really understand why they laughed. Okay, I admit I looked like an idiot standing there, wheezing and coughing like I was about to die, but that wasn’t something to laugh at. I am a popular college student with a face worth ten million dollars and a very large fanclub, damn it. I should be treated with respect. Alright, maybe the fanclub is a lie, but I can assure you that I am very popular at college.

 

            “Need some water, oppa?” Raina asked with an amused smirk on her face, pushing her glass forward. “No, thank you.” I replied to her but paused. Wow, I just realized that my throat felt really dry. Must be the air conditioning. “Wait, scratch that, I would love to have some water.” I reached out for the glass and placed it on my mouth, gulping down the cool water. Ah, that felt good. I put the glass back down on the table and smiled at Raina. “Thanks for the water, Raina.” I said before stopping and tapping the glass.

 

“Wait, why are you drinking water at a club? People usually drink cocktails or wine or something, but you’re drinking plain old water. What’s up with that?” I asked. Raina shrugged lightly. “I don’t want to wake up with a hangover tomorrow.” Raina simply replied, sipping her glass of water. “But I thought you had high alcohol tolerance?” I asked again, eyeing her with curiosity and interest. “I do, but who knows. I might’ve joined a drinking contest and be so wasted that I can’t even see straight.” Raina nonchalantly said. I waved a hand dismissively. “Nonsense, I’ve been in a drinking contest once, but even when I started to trip on my own foot I could still see straight.” I said before snapping my fingers, “Ah, wait. Dongwoonie had to slap me a few times before I could finally see straight that time.” I chuckled. The girls gave me weird looks, but I ignored it.

 

            “Speaking of wasted and drinking contests,” I continued, changing the subject, “Callista and Soyu accidentally joined a drinking contest and are currently wasted as hell.” I grinned at them. The three girls immediately gave me a look of horror. “Wait, they’re drunk?! Where are they now?!” Hara asked, her voice sounding higher than normal. “Oh, don’t worry. They’re at Callista’s apartment right now.” I replied breezily. “Who took them there?” Raina asked worriedly.

 

“Cheondung and Onew took them there. I don’t know if they’re still there or not, but I think they are, since both of them are way too nice to leave two wasted girls alone in an apartment.” I said, shrugging, “I don’t blame them, though. I wouldn’t leave two drunken girls alone in an apartment as well. Who knows what they’ll do.” The three of them exchanged worried looks. “Oh my, I hope they’re alright.” Seohyun commented, and the two other girls nodded. “Ey~ don’t worry~ Cheondung and Onew are good people. They’ll probably take good care of Callista and Soyu.” I smiled reassuringly, sliding into the empty seat next to Raina.

 

I started to think why Junhyung wanted to help Callista in the first place and why her friends weren’t all fangirling around us. Come to think of it, Callista wasn’t really fangirling when she met Cheondung. I looked at Raina, Hara, and Seohyun. They’ve started talking about Callista. I wondered what they were really like. I decided to do a little interviewing. Let the get-to-knowing begin.