Chapter 3

My Prince?

Callista’s POV

 

            I ran back to the restaurant, causing my hair to get messed up and my breathing hard. When I came inside, I froze and gasped like there was no tomorrow. All the people in the restaurant, including my friends, stared at me. I felt my face turning red, so I hurried to my friend’s table and sat in an empty chair.

           

            “Why did you gasp so loud?” Soyu asked with annoyance in her voice. “I didn’t expect Cheondung sunbae to still be here. And because I ran here, my hair was a mess. He must think I was trying to murder someone….or something like that.” I answered while sinking in my seat. I could feel my face was still red, so I pulled up my scarf that was around my neck so it covered up to my nose. I pulled down my wool hat so only my eyes were seen.

           

            After taking a sip of her warm milk tea, Hara asked, “Why did you run here anyways? Were you really trying to murder someone?” “Yes. I was trying to murder you, cuz you’re so annoying.” I said while sitting up. “See. I told you not to borrow her camera necklace.” Raina said. “YOU BORROWED MY NECKLACE?!?!” I growled while shooting Hara a death glare. Hara stared at Raina with a why did you have to say that look before turning to me with a pouting face and puppy dog eyes. She was good at changing her expressions real quick. “I’m sowwy Callista. You have a way of picking the cutest accessories.” Hara said while still giving me the puppy dog look. I sighed and said, “Huh, alright. I’ll forgive you this time. But next time ask me first before you borrow something. Okay?” Hara nodded a thousand times before Soyu put her hand on Hara’s head. Ignoring what just happened, I told my friends about what had happened at the park…

 

3 days later. At the park.

 

            There was no lesson today so I decided to go to the park to sketch the scenery and maybe a few cute guys. Heheh. I sat on my normal bench that had a view of the whole park and started drawing on my sketch book.

 

Junhyung’s POV

 

            I was walking to the park to get some fresh air since I was getting bored at home all alone. No college today anyway. There weren’t many people in the park, only some elderly people and children. Good, I’d rather keep it this way. As I walked deeper into the park, I noticed a girl sitting by herself on a bench, sketching something. Isn’t she the girl from before? I decided to get closer to her and quietly sat down next to the girl. She didn’t notice at all. Good. I slowly leaned back on the bench and said, “So, you like drawing good looking guys, huh?”

 

Callista’s POV

           

“So, you like drawing good looking guys, huh?”

 

            I froze and slowly turned to look at the person who had spoken. I yelped a little when I saw that it was actually the guy from a few days before. Oh, no! It’s him again! Why is he here? I closed my book and got up before stammering, “I-I gotta go.” Right when I was about to run away, I felt a hand on my wrist, tugging it lightly.

 

“I’m not gonna bite. So, just sit down will you?”

 

            I slowly sat back down while he let go of the grip that he had on my hand. I felt my cheeks reddened. An awkward silence filled the air. The silence was killing me, so I decided to say something.

 

“Um… I-If there’s nothing for me to do… I think I should go now”

 

“Actually, I have something of yours.” He pulled out a piece of paper and waved it in front of my face.

 

            Omo! Is that my drawing? I tried to grab it, but he pulled it back before I even touched it. “You can get this back under one condition.” He said, a sly smirk appearing on his face. I gulped nervously and asked, “And w-what’s that condition?”

 

            “Let me see your sketchbook.”

 

            It took me a minute to really understand what he said and I shook my head vigorously while hugging my sketchbook. No way is he getting his hands on my sketchbook. “You won’t be getting your precious piece of paper back then.” He simply said before standing up and stretching his arms, the paper still in his hand. “Now if you excuse me.” He started walking away. I felt my hands sweating and I knew that I was starting to panic. “WAIT!” I yelled, almost jumping up. He stopped and slowly turned his head to look at me with an evil smirk. “Yes?”

 

            Oh god, I know I’m going to regret this. “Here.” I held out my sketchbook to the guy even though I so badly don’t want to. He took the sketchbook from my hands and sat back down on the bench. I could only stare at him helplessly when he continued to flip through my sketchbook. I decided to look at some kids that were playing near us instead of continuing to stare at the guy. “Yah.” He called from beside me. I looked to him and he was holding my book up while pointing to the large drawing of Cheondung sunba- wait. HE’S ALREADY AT THE LAST PAGE?!

 

            “You like him, don’t you?” He casually asked. I could feel my face heat up and for some reason, nodded. He put the book back on his lap and examined it for a while until he looked back up to me. “You know,” he tapped the drawing a few times, “I could help you get close to him.” I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms, doubting that he could actually help me. “How?”

 

He looked back down and slowly traced the outline of the drawing with his index finger. “He’s one of my friends.” He stated nonchalantly. I let that information sink into my head for a few seconds before yelling, “WAIT, WHAT?! YOU’RE ONE OF CHEONDUNG SUNBAE’S FRIENDS?! AND YOU CAN HELP ME?! HOW?!” I noticed that he was staring at me and I looked away, a blush spreading on my face. I could hear him chuckle and I pulled up my scarf so it covers up to my nose. Psh, jerk.

 

“Yes, Cheondung’s one of my friends.” He finally said after a second or two, amusement clear in his voice. I looked back at him and saw that he was smiling softly at me. Wow, he really does have a nice smile. I slowly lowered my scarf from my face and played with the hem of my shirt. “And yes, I can help you.” He continued to smile at me, “But first, you need to trust me.” He stuck his hand out to me and I looked up and down from him back to his hand before finally shaking it. He let go of my hand and held out the sketchbook to me, to which I gratefully took. He ran a hand through his hair and straightened his jacket.

 

“Now, since I’m gonna help you with Cheondung, I should introduce myself.” He smiled, “Name’s Yong Junhyung, I’m 19, you?”

 

“My name’s Song Callista, I’m 18. N-Nice to meet you” I bowed to him.

 

“Ok. The first thing we need to do is introduce you to my friends. Meet us at the restaurant near the park on Monday after class. You can bring your friends along.” he said before standing up and walking away.

 

Wait! What? Meet Cheondung sunbae?! Ottokee…???

 

Hey there readers! sky_high here! I hope my chapters aren't too boring for you guys. Please keep on reading! COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! Are my chapters too short? I don't really know. I've been fretting with myself about the length of each chapter. So what do you think? Please let me know ^^