Oh can't you see? I'm still loving you...

Time to Love

“Uhm…okay, thank you.” The blonde Nichkhun was pushing a chair towards me.

“Please sit down. I’m sure Producer Lim won’t be able to fetch you for awhile.”

“O-oh, thanks,” I said with a head nod and took the chair from him. When I sat down, the others took a seat, except Nichkhun. He, who had given me his seat, went outside to take one. Once everyone was seated, the boys started, not-so-subtlely to grill me.

“How do you know Producer Lim? Are you a trainee he’s showing around?” This question came from Chansung.

“Of course not. I’m his daughter. I was here for high school, but went abroad for college. Decided that I did not want to do it right now. So here I am.”

“How have we not met you before? Did you come along with him before?” Now it was Junho’s turn.

“Yes, I did. Back between 2006 and 2008…”

“Ohhh, we debuted in September of 2008…” he replied.

“I was already gone.”

Wooyoung was pointing the remote at the television, turning up the volume. “Eunhee-ssi, MBLAQ is coming on now.”

The five boys from earlier were now on stage, posing, ready to start. The track started with heavy breathing and then it zoomed in on a face that made me gasp. “MBLAQ.”

I felt their gazes on me, trying to ascertain my reaction. Taecyeon rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair. “G.O. has been getting all the girls since they re-debuted.”

“He’s not getting this girl,” I grumbled, tearing my eyes from the television. So he had a stage name? G.O. I wonder why? I’m happy that he’s successful, more successful than before. And he had shaved. Though we had dated when he had the moustache, I couldn’t help but agree with the hordes of screaming fan girls that he looked much better sans stache.

Their song ended soon and I rose to my feet.

“Are you leaving?” Nichkhun asked, his eyes round with surprise. I nodded and bowed to them.

“Thank you for the company. But, I think I’m just going to go home. I will text my father, so you don’t have to worry about it.”

“Can we have your number?” Wooyoung asked. “So if you’re stuck at one of these things again, you can just call or text one of us.”

Though I highly doubted this would happen. Something was telling me to do just this. Give them my number. I delivered the digits quickly to them. “Just text me with your name, so I can add you to my phone,” I told them. They all nodded and said good bye with bows. I left the room and was heading down what I assumed was the right direction when my phone started vibrating.

I pulled it from my back pocket and checked my texts. I had five text messages from unknown numbers and I could already tell who they were. I opened the first one.

Hello, Eunhee-ssi. This is Nichkhun. My last name is Horvejkul. Kekeke. Good luck pronouncing it. ^^

Hor-vej-kul???? It sounded vaguely Scandinavian, but then again what did I know about that? Hello Nichkhun! I will try my best to pronounce it properly. I will impress you much next time we meet. :D!!!! kekeke

Hey, this is Wooyoung. J Why’d you look so offended when Junho asked if you were a trainee? Do you not like idols? L

It was not as if I disliked idols. I just knew that I lacked talent in singing and dancing. It was an extreme lack and because of this I stuck to what I was good at, like planning. I could plan trips and events all day and every day. I texted him back quickly.

I wasn’t offended, but surprised. I have no musical talents and I rarely dance. Keke. That’s why.

Then I saw a message from Taecyeon. Just as I was opening the text I collided with someone.  My phone dropped to the ground, hitting it with a thud and cracking. The person I had bumped into made an “umph” noise as I stumbled away.

I bowed in apology without looking up. “Mianhamnida. I wasn’t looking. I was busy texting…” I said, stooping to retrieve my phone. The battery had fallen out and I picked it up and stood up. I then raised my gaze to the person. I didn’t know him. But I knew who he was with.

“Eunhee?” His voice was the same. Startled that he remembered my name, I looked back at him.

“Byunghee, long time no see,” I managed. Though I hoped I appeared cool and normal to their eyes, I was suffering through inner turmoil. All those dreadful memories, all those happy ones were flooding back and playing through my mind at the speed of light.

“You’re right,” he answered, nodding his head. I busied myself with my phone. It was still in working condition, thank goodness.

“How do you know our GO hyung?” asked one of them. He was young looking with a cute face though it didn’t match his voice.

“Through my father,” I replied evenly. Byunghee raised an eyebrow at my answer. As to why, I had no idea, since it was technically the truth. If my father wasn’t who he was, we would never have met. We would have never fallen in love. I wonder how my life would be now.

“Oh…” He seemed dissatisfied with my answer and pursed his lips. Looking between Byunghee and me, he who was staring at me and I who was artfully avoiding eye contact, the boy then gasped. “Are youher?”

“Her?” My voice asked without me even thinking. He nodded vehemently while the one I had bumped into clapped his hands together in excitement.

Omo, I think she is!” The tallest one with a sweet face soon looked clued in and his eyes widened.

That girl???”

The final male who had not spoken looked to Byunghee whose gaze had now turned into a glare directed at the other members. He cleared his throat and quickly announced that they had to do an interview before the end of the show. I could tell this was a lie because they all gave him “wtf” looks.

“Well, uhm, I have to go do things. I think I’m going the wrong way too. Bye.” I told them, backing away. I my heel and began what I hoped was a dignified and elegant power walk away from them, but more so away from him. How dare he show up looking so attractive, so difference. And I, Eunhee, looked the same.

It had been around a year or so since I had last seen him, but I had kept my hair the same. It was a silly wish that if I kept my hair the way he liked it, he would come back. My phone number was the same it had always been, but he never contacted me. I lived in the same house I always had, yet he never visited. Was I stupid for being like this? Perhaps, but a fool I would be.

All the places we had gone to, I would visit before I left Seoul. The roads we walked and everything, but he was never there. Where had he been? He didn’t miss me like I missed him.

Once I was out of the building, I let out the breath I had been holding. My grip loosened on my phone and I steeled myself to return to normal.  It vibrated again and my heart leapt. Was it him? Maybe he did miss me.

And when I saw that it was Wooyoung, I felt my heart drop. That’s what I get for getting my hopes up. I didn’t check his yet and set to replying back to the others.

T: Yo, this is Taecyeon. But you can call me Taec. ^.^ I’m pretty close with the Mblaq guys if you want to get to know them. You seemed pretty interested in them.

E: kekeke. No thanks. I like 2PM better.

J: This is my number. I am Junho. I’m the one with the eye-smile.

E: You didn’t need to tell me that. I’m good with names. You’re the maknae, right? Kekekeke. Jk.

C: This is the old-faced maknae. You don’t look your age either!

E: You don’t know how old I am!! Keke. Get over it, old man face.