You're my boy forever.

Time to Love

 

Wooyoung and Junho were running in and out of the kitchen, arranging food on the table. Nichkhun followed me inside as Minjae closed the door.

“I’m going to put these in my room. Do you want to come with me?”

“Sure.” Nichkhun walked down the hallway, still holding my bags. As I stared at them I remembered that one of them was for the boys. “Omo, Khun-oppa, the one with the white box in it is for dessert.”

“Dessert?” repeated Chansung, popping his head out of the kitchen. His eyes hungrily eyed the bags in his hyung’s hands. “I can take care of that, hyung,” he insisted. Nichkhun handed the bag over wordlessly. It was useless refusing him when there was food involved. The maknae took the bag from his hands roughly and scurried back into the kitchen.

“We won’t see that again,” Nichkhun announced wistfully.

“You’re probably right.”

“What books did you buy?”

“Oh, just some reading material, and a, uh, Thai language book…”

“Really?” he exclaimed. “You’re trying to learn Thai?”

“It is a part of you after all.” Nichkhun’s face lit up like a child and he eagerly kissed my cheek.

“C’mon, let’s see my room.” He opened the door we stopped by and entered. It was neat for a boy’s room. His bed was made and his clothes were all put away. Even the books and papers on his desk were organized into neat stacks.

“Who do you share with?”

“No one. Well, it’s supposed to be Chansung, but he sleeps in the living room with Wooyoung.”

“You get your own room then? That must be nice.”

“Yes, sometimes…” he replied, turning to me with a smile. There was a look in his eyes that I could read well. I knew exactly what he was thinking. I suddenly felt bold being alone with him. Much like how he must have felt in the elevator. Without much forethought, I impulsively kissed him.

“!” I heard Wooyoung exclaim as he passed by the open door. Shyly I pulled away though Khun’s hand was resting on my lower back.

“Not ,” I insisted to the older boy, though he was long gone. My phone started ringing and I frowned. “Really?” The screen was lit-up, clearly displaying G.O.’s name. I knew Nichkhun saw it. I expected a groan or a grunt of a typical show of masculinity.

“You can answer it.” But staring down at the call, I didn’t really want to talk to G.O. right now. He would probably ask me out on another date and I would have to refuse again.

“Nah, not right now. So, what’s for dinner?”

“I have no idea. The maknaes are cooking, so we’ll see. Actually…” he trailed off and sniffed precariously at the air. I noticed then that the dorm was beginning to smell odd, like burnt rice and too many spices.

“I’m going to go check on them. I think Taec and Junsu are in their room if you want to greet them.” He rushed out of the room and towards the kitchen. I glanced around his room carefully, taking in the photos, the clothes and other mementoes of his. I peered at the books on his desk.

“We can’t eat this!” I heard Wooyoung wail from the kitchen. That did not sound good. Why didn’t they just hire a chef or something?

“Snooping through the boyfriend’s stuff I see,” observed Taecyeon. His gruff voice boomed in the small room.

“They’re finally official?” asked Junsu’s voice. I turned away from Khun’s books. Junsu was leaning against the doorframe with a satisfied expression on his face. Taecyeon was standing fully inside the room, looking around as if he’d never been in here before.

“I’m not snooping. I was just curious about his book selection.”

“Right, as if you’re really going to come visit to read his books,” retorted Taecyeon. He sighed and looked back at Junsu. “Hyung, I want a girlfriend too.”

“What do you expect me to do about it?”

“Nothing, it’s just I’m so lonely. Omo, a girlfriend would be so nice. I’ve been really wanting one lately…it’s so hard though.”

Junsu shrugged his shoulders and walked into the room. He sat down on the lower bunk.

“There’s always Yoona-ssi. Make the fake scandal real. Don’t you like her?” Taec shook his head and sat beside his hyung. He fell back onto the bed and groaned.

“No, I don’t. It’s just for show. Yoona’s nice and pretty, but she’s not what I’m looking for.”

“You know a lot of girls, Taec.”

“But none of them are what I’m looking for.”

“Well, what are you looking for?” Their surprised looks informed me that they honestly had forgotten my presence even though that’s why they were here in the first place.

“Someone exotic and cute who is happy doing the silly things that I like to do.”

I snorted in an entirely unladylike manner, causing raised eyebrows from the boys. “Good luck. I would kill to meet the girl who would happily join you in your internet trolling and other geeky activities. Are you going to play Chess together and listen to jazz?”

“She’s makes a good point,” Junsu agreed. The beastly idol groaned in response and rolled around on the bed.

“But I need a girl!” He kept repeating this until Junsu finally kicked his shin in annoyance.

“Whining won’t make her appear magically,” he said. Taecyeon groaned again. At least he sat up this time. His eyes rested on me and he cocked his head to the side.

“Eun Hee-ah, you have any sisters? Or cousins?”

“No and even if I did…I wouldn’t subject them to being Ok Taecyeon’s girlfriend. Not even an acquaintance.”

“Bad news. They totally messed up dinner, so we’re ordering out. Eunhee, do you like pizza?” Nichkhun stopped in the doorway, holding a pizza menu.

“Of course. It’s what an American college student lives on.”

Hyuuuunnngggg, Eun Hee-ah said that she wouldn’t subject anyone to being my girlfriend!”

“I wouldn’t either.” Taecyeon cried out at Khun’s words, clutching his heart. Junsu rolled his eyes and took up the nearby pillow. He whacked Taec with it a few times, but he didn’t stop his dramatics. Glancing slyly over at us, Junsu said, “The murder I’m about to commit is for the good of the world.” He then swiftly placed the pillow firmly over Taecyeon’s face.

“Uh…why don’t we go out in the living room?” Khun suggested to me. I duly agreed and hurried from the room. Taecyeon’s cries were muffled by the pillow and I heard Junsu chuckling maniacally. These boys were something else entirely.

“Chansung doesn’t care what we get on the pizza, but Woo wants cheese on at least one pizza and Junho wants cheese too. You?”

“I like veggies…but cheese is fine too.”

“We can get a veggie one. I can share with you,” he told me with a smile.

“Do you like veggie toppings?” I asked.

“Not really, but it doesn’t matter. You like veggie.”

“What do you like?”

“Veggie,” he answered in that completely infuriating way that was so cute at the same time. I mustered up a lackluster scowl at him. My scowl powers were useless when he smiled though, especially when he coupled that smile with a wink. “Hyung, are you done killing Taecyeon yet? I want to order dinner before it gets to be too late.”

Nichkhun waited a moment, hearing a scuffle in his room. There was a thud and a shout. Taecyeon emerged from the room out of breath. He staggered into the living room and threw his large body down.

“Pepper…oni…please…”

“Me…too…” called Junsu. He was pulling himself across the floor with his elbows. He slowly made it to the living room and lay beside Taecyeon. Chansung walked in from the kitchen and looked down at his hyungs. His eyes lit up and he roared, “Dog pileee!!!” Instantly, Junho, Wooyoung and he all jumped on their hyungs, eliciting sickening grunts and groans from Taecyeon and Junsu.

“Are they…always like this?” I asked Nichkhun. He nodded solemnly.

“This is better than most days though.”

“You guys are retarded,” I informed them. Khun and I were standing up near them, not having sat down yet. I looked down at the pile of idols before me and couldn’t bury my desire to kick it. As I reared my leg back to do just that, Chansung reached out and grabbed my ankle. With a simple flick of his wrist, I was catapaulted on top of all of them. I then heard Taecyeon roar, “Dog pile on Eun Heeeeeee!!!!” The boys scrambled for beneath my body and prepped themselves to hope on me. I was hoping that soon Khun would put a stop to this. Much to my surprise, he was the first one to jump on me.

Oppa, you’re supposed to save me, not join in.”

“This is the best way of saving you,” he whispered back. I then noticed that his body was resting comfortably on mine. His elbows were planted either side of my head.

Omo, this is madness!!” I cried out as Wooyoung eagerly leapt on.

I heard Taecyeon chuckle darkly. “Madness, you say???” I felt two more bodies get added to the pile. “This is not madness,” he said. I groaned as a fifth body joined the dog pile.

“THIS. IS. 2PM!!!!!” With a beastly growl, Taecyeon launched his heavy body onto us. Never in my life have I hated muscles on a guy more. They looked small but with their built bodies all of them were killing me. Thankfully, Khun was deflecting some of the weight.

“Why are you guys like this?” I muttered fretfully. We all grew quiet once there was a pair of footsteps padding down the hallway.

“What on earth…???” It was Minjae. He sounded both shocked yet not as if this really was a daily occurrence. “I hope you didn’t put Eun Hee at the bottom. She is a girl after all, you know. She’s delicate.”

“Not Eun Hee-ah,” insisted Chansung. “She’s like a guy.” If only I could move my hand more I could grab hold of his hair and yank him of and then destroy him. But it was too hard currently.

“She’s under there, isn’t she?”

“Help meeee,” I whimpered.

“Are you hurt?” Khun asked me. I would have head him, but again it required more movement then I could offer.

“Don’t ask me stupid questions, you babo.” I then shot him a glare and he just smiled. Glare failure. I shut my eyes and waited for the boys to get up. They hadn’t budged and were instead chatting casually.

Finally, I heard Minjae kick one of them and order them to get off of me. The all rolled off and Khun finally lifted his body off of mine. He helped me to my feet and I dusted off my clothes. My body felt stiff, but I wasn’t in any pain, luckily. I must have bones of steel, or at least Khun did.

“Are you okay?”

“Never been better,” I answered.

“Really? No pain anywhere?” He asked again, eyes roaming over me. I nodded and turned to show I was bruise-free. Satisfied, he stated ordering dinner for everyone.

The rest of us grabbed seats in the living room as he went into the kitchen for some quiet.

“Sooooo, you and Khun-hyung are dating?” Chansung inquired. He slung himself down beside me on the sofa. Chansung never usually sat beside me or addressed me since I had first given him that lashing when we first met. I could have easily snapped back at him for asking me what I thought was an obvious question. My mind was filling with the rebuttals. I swallowed them all and answered with a direct affirmative. “That must be nice, hmm? Having the Thai Prince as your boyfriend? Of course, it’d only be better if he was your husband, but he already has a wife,” he said nonchalantly.

“What?”

“Yeah, he’s married to a Chinese girl. Love at first sight and all that.”

I opened my mouth to answer. I saw that Khun had come up behind the maknae and swatted him with the take-out menu.

“Ignore him, Eun Hee. I just got signed up for We Got Married is all…”

“That’s that show where you’re married to another celebrity, right?”

“It sure is,” Junho put in excitedly. “You know f(x), right?”

“The math function?”

The boys looked slightly amused at my answer and Wooyoung shook his head.

“No no no, f(x) is a girl group that debuted last fall. Their leader, Victoria, is very popular because she’s very pretty and a great dancer. Plus, she’s super flexible. Of course, Khun-hyung could tell you all about that since that’s his wife. Junho-ah and I met her the other day.”

“It just happened?” I found myself asking. “When?”

“I found out about it before Music Bank and had to go the other night to meet her. I just found out it was Victoria then,” Nichkhun pushed the group of maknaes away.

“Does Victoria already know about your ‘trainee’ girlfriend?”

“She mentioned it casually and I said that I didn’t have a trainee girlfriend…” he trailed off, wincing at his own words. “That’s technically true though.”

I saw the maknaes roll their eyes at their hyung.
“This is all very confusing and sort of unimportant. I’d prefer the public to not know about me anyway.”

“Me too,” agreed Nichkhun with a nod. I glanced over at him suspiciously. “Just so that your life is easier. Some fans might not be happy with the news, so I’d prefer to be quiet about it. I can’t imagine any idol being able to get away with having a public girlfriend.”

“I will!” announced Taecyeon grandly.

“Again, no one wants to date you,” I told him. Taecyeon protested, but the other members echoed my sentiment.

“You’re like attractive and everything, but the illusion is killed when you open your mouth. Not to mention the aegyo. But…I mean…I’m sure you’ll find someone…maybe…”

“That was very sincere sounding,” Junho stated dryly.

“I’ll prove you wrong!”