Forget it all. Erase it.

Time to Love

G.O./Byunghee POV

I didn’t have to see the face to know it was her. She’s had that rain jacket for years as well as the umbrella. But, she was with someone else. All I could hear were the fans behind us screaming their devotion and the rain falling down. Through the falling rain, it was hard to see who her companions were.

She turned her back to us and said something to them. Then they all nodded and proceeded to walk away. At her side there was a boy holding her umbrella for her. I saw her turn her head to him and say something. In reply, he shook his head, “no.” There were two other boys with her, both wearing hats.

“GO-oppa, please accept my gift!” A fan at my side pleaded. I felt an envelope scratch my sleeve and accepted it with a smile. She gasped and faltered in her steps. I pocketed the note and looked to Seungho, who was standing next to me. He looked particularly grumpy today. Probably because filming crew had dragged us out in the rain today and we weren’t allowed to leave until we finished. We were filming for a reality show that would be airing soon. Some staff members were holding umbrellas over our head while we walked down the street. Our reality show would be similar to 2PM’s Wild Bunny where we have a series of projects to accomplish. Today our dare was to walk around in public with no disguise to see how many fans would follow us. We had to do this for an hour and had amassed quite an amount so far. We had started about thirty minutes ago too. 

“You know,” Joon began, squinting to see the group ahead of us. “That big head looks a lot like Taecyeon’s.”

“Look, that has to be Wooyoung with his ssanti dance.” Mir said, pointing to the group. We all watched as one of them stepped to the side and started dancing without music. At the end he pointed to her and I could see her shoulders shaking in laughter.

“Then they has to be Nichkhun, right?” Thunder asked.

“But who could that girl be?” The rain was slacking and our vision of the street was becoming clearer.

The fan girls behind them were becoming antsy as they too had spotted the 2PM members. However, they also were aware of a girl in that midst. When the rain stopped completely, Nichkhun closed the umbrella. I saw her hold out her hand to him to take it, but he said, “No, it’s wet, I’ll carry it.” I know this since we were probably five feet away from them.

Taecyeon heard the excited squeals of the girls behind us and looked tempted to leave. But then he saw us and visibly calmed.

“It’s Mblaq!” Wooyoung, Nichkhun and Eunhee all turned towards us. The boys all looked startled when the saw the fan girls, who were whispering excitedly and trying to figure out who this girl was. Eunhee’s hood was overly large and obscured her eyes, casting a shadow on the rest of her face. Her long dyed brown hair was falling out of the hood, still wavy as it had always been.

Omo, Khun-oppa, who is she?”

“Oppa, why is a girl with you?”

The girls were beginning to demand answers from Nichkhun and Eunhee. The latter stepped back from us. Nichkhun’s eyebrows scrunched up as was clearly thinking of a way to explain Eunhee’s presence. I was curious to know how she had met them and why she was hanging out with them.

“This is my girlfriend who is a JYP trainee,” Nichkhun began, putting an arm around Eunhee’s shoulders. Something about this move stirred something inside me. Why was he touching her like that? It took me a second to remember that she was not my girlfriend anymore. I had already messed that up. My fist was clenched and I slowly let it unfurl.

Nichkhun pulled Eunhee’s head and hid it in his chest, smiling all the while. “She’s not supposed to be seen until her debut. She’s been having a hard time with training lately, so we wanted to take her out for something fun.” He explained with a wink. Anything he said before that was probably long forgotten as the girls collectively swooned.

            I had to hand it to him. He knew what the fans wanted at all times. Though the thought of Eunhee being a trainee was laughable, she was not musically inclined at all. Taecyeon and Wooyoung were eyeing him weirdly. The fans turned their attention to them, waiting for them to verify this story.

            “Oh yes, it’s all very hush hush,” explained Wooyoung, pressing his index finger against his lips.

            “Please try to keep this a secret,” Taecyeon pleaded. The girls all nodded and assured the idols that they wouldn’t tell anybody. Yeah, let’s see how well that would work.

            “Why are you guys out here anyway,” Nichkhun inquired, still cradling her head to his chest.

            “Reality show,” Seungho replied. To which the girls started screaming.

            “Oh, well, best of luck!” Khun called turning to leave.

            “Yeah, have fun!” Taecyeon shouted to us. Wooyoung just smiled and went to leave with them. Even once they were a safe distance away, Nichkhun’s arm remained around her shoulder.

            “That girl’s so lucky to be Khun-oppa’s girlfriend.”

            “AND she gets to hang out with Taec-oppa and Woo-oppa.”

            “Why can’t it be me?”

           

Eunhee POV

            Did he just tell a row of video cameras, fan girls and Mblaq what I think he did? When we turned the corner, Nichkhun dropped his arm from around me.

            “I’m sorry about that. You’re not mad, are you?” He asked, looking down at me. Oh yes, I was very angry actually. Even if they don’t know who I am, surely Byunghee must have recognized me, right?

            In any case, my father was sure to hear about this and I wonder what he’d think. Not to mention I, though nameless, was now attached to Nichkhun. No one knows who I am, I considered. That thought was enough to calm my nerves and I managed a smile.

            “It’s fine. I mean they’ll never find out who I am, so it’s no big deal…”

            “Are you sure? Man, GO-hyung was back there…” Wooyoung pointed out.

            “Yeah, aren’t you still in love with him?” inquired Taecyeon. These boys were obviously insane to suggest such a thing. I scoffed at the insinuation and crossed my arms over my chest.

            “As if,” I told them in English. Wooyoung’s eyes widened as I launched into a full English tirade. “Just because he’s my ex-boyfriend does not mean that I’m still in love with him. However, since he is my first boyfriend, there will always be some attachment. And I highly doubt he even recognized me since I had a hood on and it had been raining. If he did, I would be mightily surprised since Byunghee is not the most observant person in the world.” Then I looked over at Nichkhun, whose brown eyes were wide and unblinking. “So you’re my boyfriend now?”

            “Only when needed,” he replied. Taecyeon raised an eyebrow, shaking his head.

            “Fans will not like this. Omo, we’re going to have to tell Minjae-hyung…”

            “Hyung, what did she just say?” Wooyoung’s English ability was minimal and I had forgotten that. Taceyeon translated to Wooyoung. His face lit up and he hopped around. “Khun-hyung has a lady love now.”

            “Ya! Babo, it’s not real,” I shouted at him. My words fell on deaf ears as he grabbed one of Khun’s hands and offered it to me. Was this really happening?

            “Please accept my gift of Khun. No returns, sorry.” I stared at Khun’s hand. His skin was very white and smooth and his hands were large with long fingers. Funny as it sounded, his hands looked safe, like they could wipe away all the sorrow in a life. Omona, did I really just think that? I wanted to take his hand to see how it felt in my own. But another part of me won over, shooting Wooyoung a glare.

            “I’ll kill you. Stop acting like its real, babo. Besides, Khun’s ‘trainee girlfriend’ could be anyone.”

            “I can retract my statement if you’d like, Eunhee. I do not want to inconvenience you any.”

            “It’s fine…really. I just…uhm, nevermind.” I smoothed my bangs self-consciously and coughed. “So, what are we doing today?”

            “The others want to watch movies at the dorm and just relax,” Taecyeon read from his phone. Wooyoung scratched the back of his head.

            “That’s not quite the fun I thought we’d expose Eunhee-ah to…” he said, half-whispering.

            “I like relaxing and watching movies,” I insisted. “I didn’t sleep well last night, so I’m a still tired.”

            “Great! We have to pick up snacks on the way though. Channie texted me everything we apparently need.”

            Taecyeon tossed his phone to Nichkhun who caught it easily. His eyes widened as he scrolled down through the text.

            “Omo, this kid eats too much. I guess we can stop at the convenience store near the dorm. Eunhee, what sort of snacks do you like?”

            “Chocolate,” I answered simply. I clasped my hands together excitedly. “I really like chocolate.”

            “Ya, stop being cute,” ordered Taecyeon, taking his phone back from Nichkhun. I sneered at him.

            “It’s hard to stop something that comes naturally to me,” I spit back, folding my arms across my chest. I stuck out my tongue at him, inwardly smirking at his shocked face.

            “Taecyeon-hyung’s right, you are cute,” Wooyoung admitted, albeit uncertainly. “Why have I not noticed this before?”

            “You two, aishchugele? I’ve always been cute. Look at this face.” At this point in time, I noticed that Nichkhun was doing a terrible job of hiding his laughter. Whether it was at my expense or not, I didn’t know. In any case, I shot him a glare. “What are you laughing at?” I demanded, my voice rising in volume. Hastily I added, “Plenty of people have told me I have a cute face, but I give mean looks too much…”

            “I’m not laughing at you,” Nichkhun assured me, gently patting me on the shoulder. “Those two, my dongsengs, are so stupid,” he said.

            “Bwoh?! I’m not stupid!”

            “I can understand you calling Taec-hyung stupid, but not me. I’m witty Wooyoung.”

            “How are they stupid?” I asked. Nichkhun only answered me with a mysterious smile. No matter what his smiles conveyed, I was always left slightly dazed. He really was too adorable. I would be insane to deny I was attracted to him, but was it something more? He just gave off the vibe of being a good guy. One that would love you and only you, there would be no suspicions of infidelity. He was crazy attractive though and girls were falling for him everywhere he went, so there was that problem. Wait, why was I even think about relationship problems right now?

            He was my “boyfriend” after all. Well, I guess I was his “girlfriend” since he was the idol and I was the nameless “trainee.” I was still amused by that. Anyone who knew me would die from laughing at the thought of me being an idol. I myself was amused. I was better behind the scenes.

            “Eunhee-ah!” Taecyeon’s gruff voice shouted out my name and I jumped back into reality.

            “You daydream a lot,” pointed out Wooyoung, peering at me. He blinked his eyes a few times at me and then shrugged and followed Taec who was leading the way to the dorm.

            “You must have been thinking about something important to space out like that,” Khun stated casually as we followed behind them. Did I just call him Khun? At least it was mentally.

            “Sort of, yes. I think too much and end up upsetting myself or getting my hopes up,” I admitted to him.

            “Did that happen just now?” He inquired. I detected some concern in his voice and his head was turned to look down at me.  I shook my head.

            “Nope. Just thinking about you telling them I was a trainee. Appa might die of laughter upon hearing that. He tried to get me in the business when I was younger, him and umma both. It was just a terrible ordeal for me. I like being behind the scenes. I’m not good at fan service or aegyo. Most importantly, my voice is terrible and I can’t balance to save my life.”

            “How do you know you’re not good at fan service?”

            “I’m too practical, I think. I couldn’t purposefully dance around in short shorts and low-cut tops or sing to my oppa or pretend to be close to a fellow group member. It seems silly to me and slightly degrading…”

            “You think calling a boy oppa is degrading?”

            “No, but singing a song, perhaps. Like that one song by that group with all the girls, you know?  They’re prancing around in like cheerleader outfits and talking about how much they love their oppa. That’s silly to me. Then again, they’re beloved by a nation and have a million fan boys and look at me.”

            “Eunhee-ah, there’s nothing wrong with you,” he said. Then shyly he added, “You should call me oppa.”

            “Wae?”

            Was he blushing? “Omo, you don’t have to. I would just like you to.” That was probably the worst explanation in the history of ever. Why would he like me to? He didn’t like like me, did he? Omona, did I just mentally use the term, “like like”?

            “Oh.” We had arrived at the convenience store. Taecyeon and Wooyoung had already entered. The sky was currently cloudless and the sun was beating down on us. Still in my rain jacket, I hastily removed it. I was about to drape it over my arm when Khun took it from my hands and placed it in the same hand with the umbrella.

            “It’s still wet. I’ll hold onto it for you.”

            “Why are you so nice?” I inquired bluntly. He was taken aback at my question. But his expression cleared and he shrugged his shoulders.

            “It’s a secret, Eunhee-ah.”

            We drifted into silence again and then suddenly I remembered that I hadn’t thanked him for breakfast yet. “Thank you for paying for my breakfast.” I bowed deeply to him. He chuckled and replied, “It was nothing.”

            “No, Khun-oppa, really, thank you. No man has paid for my meal in such a long time and I have had boyfriends in the past.”

            His brows knitted together as he thought over my statement. “Not paid for your meal? But why not?”

            “Molla. They just didn’t, so thank you.” I repeated again. Then he smiled mischievously.

            “You called me Khun-oppa,” Khun teased. His expression was that of an overjoyed child. I sulkily rolled my eyes and tossed my hair over my shoulder.

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Despite myself, my mouth drew into a pout at his happy demeanor. Khun was being very weird.

            “Waa, khun naa-rak jang na krab.”

            “Ya, it’s not fair to speak in Thai around me!”

            “How’d you know it was Thai?”

            “Because it’s not Korean, English or Chinese!”

            “Oh, good reason.”

            “What’d you say?”

            “I’m not telling.”

            “Khun-oppa~~.”

            “No.”

            “Oppaaaa~~” He laughed at me then, slapping his knee.

            “Aigoo, for someone who doesn’t like that word, you have the tone down perfectly.” He patted his cheeks while mumbling to himself in Thai.

            “Hyung, help us carry some of this.” Wooyoung and Taec were carrying four bags per hand each. I could only imagine what sorts of food and snacks they had bought. Of course, feeding six guys would always involve a lot of food. Nichkhun took two bags from each of them to lighten their burden.

            “Let me hold my stuff now,” I insisted, reaching to grab my jacket and umbrella from his hands. He pulled his arm back and shook his head.

            “Not a chance. We’re almost home anyway.” He surveyed the contents of the bags and sighed. “Did you guys get anything for dinner? Or just snacks?”

            Wooyoung and Taecyeon exchanged a look, obviously forgetting the importance of dinner. They shook their heads.

            “Just snacks,” Taecyeon replied. “We can just send them out later to get ingredients. We haven’t decided what to eat anyway.”

            “Can you guys even cook?” I asked. The three of them winced at my inquiry and plastered happy smiles on their faces.

            “Have you seen Wild Bunny or Idol Army?”

            “What’s a Wild Bunny and an Idol Army? You guys have your own army? What’s the use of that? Are you going to sing at North Korea or wink at them?”

            Wooyoung nodded his head at my questions though not in assent. “Ah, so that’s how it is. Well then, of course, we’re great cooks!”

            “Oh, well then I look forward to dinner.”

            “You shouldn’t,” Khun whispered to me. “Bad idea.”

            “Bwoh? Wae??”

            “Ahh, don’t listen to him!” Wooyoung announced blithely, standing in front of his hyung. “We’ll make you the tastiest meal ever!”

            Now slightly less trusting of their cooking abilities, I eyed them warily. They just laughed at me and gestured for me to hurry up.