Acknowledge my heart once more.

Time to Love

           I don’t remember falling asleep but I do remember a boy yelling OMONA! His voice creeped into my slumbering state rousing me into consciousness. I felt warmth before I saw any light. I was surrounded in warmth, that of another person. And then I smelled him, a fresh scent, like clean laundry, mingled with light cologne.

            A yawn escaped my lips and I groggily mumbled, “Khun-oppa, did someone just die in the movie?”

            Soft snickers answered my question before I heard Khun’s voice. My eyes were half-open as I peeked up at him. A small smile was on his lips though his eyes looked worried.

            “No, that was Mir.”

            “Mir?” Where had I heard that name before? It was a very familiar-sounding name, not because it was popular but because I had heard it recently, read it somewhere recently. But where?

            It took a moment and then my eyes snapped fully opened and I jumped to my feet. The amount of males in the room had practically doubled. 2PM and Mblaq was staring at me, waiting for my next move. I my lips and smoothed my clammy hands on my jeans.

            “Ahnyong haseyo,” I greeted them, bowing to every member. Byunghee was staring at me. He did not look amused like everyone else did. What was he thinking in that head of his?

            “Is that Tale of Two Sisters?” inquired Seungho, pointing to the television.

            “It’s our first annual scary movie day,” Wooyoung said. He nodded to the other three movies near the television.

            “You’re watching horror films?” Byunghee’s questions wasn’t directed at 2PM. Instead, his curious gaze was on me. I knew what he was implying with that look. He knew that I really, really, really disliked thrillers.  Byunghee loved them and would see them without me since I could rarely sit through one without screaming bloody murder. And when we dated I refused to watch them. “I can’t help but be surprised.”

“It’s amazing how things change, hmm?” I returned with an arch smile. “Then again, sometimes no matter how much time passes, people don’t change.” At that, Byunghee’s calm smile disappeared and his expression hardened. I couldn’t help but feel my own satisfaction grow at his discomfort. Now he would know that I knew what exactly happened while we dated. In the end, girls’ loyalty is stronger.

His group members shuffled around awkwardly, looking for empty spaces to sit in the already overcrowded living room.

“Eunny-ah…” his soft voice called me from across the room. The nickname he used was like a memory. It was the same he used in my dream. That dream propelled me to finish the job of effectively erasing him from my heart. It wouldn’t be difficult once I dug up those foul memories that I had long hidden in my heart.

“Let’s start a new movie since this one’s almost over,” suggested Junsu. Instantly, Chansung nose-dived on the floor for his movie as Taecyeon fell trying to lunge for his. Both met the floor hard, on impact. While they were trying to struggle to their feet, Junsu calmly picked up his choice and put it in the DVD player.

While Taecyeon was still incapacitated, Byunghee snuck into the vacant chair, leaving the beast idol to remain on the floor or squeeze on the couch next to Junho. He opted to lie on Wooyoung’s legs, who groaned at the added weight to his legs.

I was already settled back into my seat and had my hands clasped on my lap. Khun’s arm, though not wrapped around my shoulders like before, was still behind my head resting on the back of the couch. The rest of the boys were chatting, anxiously waiting for Junsu to play whatever terrible horror movie he picked out. Even Junho was talking happily with Seungho who had taken the final seat on the couch. They both seemed like very serious people, which is why they must have gotten along well.

Gwenchanae-yo?” Khun whispered to me. I nodded absently, as if I wasn’t really paying attention to him. In reality, I was too aware of his closeness, his scent, his relaxing voice. I was sure I could picture the expression on his face without even looking at him. His warm brown eyes would be wide in sincere concern as if my well-being was all that mattered to him. And his perfectly shaped lips would be pouting slightly now that I had answered so dismissively. But once he realized that I was trying to ignore the warmth he stirred in me, he would smile happily, eyes smiling with his lips.

            Someone switched the lights off and I felt Khun’s arm drop to my shoulders, hugging me close to him again. He did it so casually that it almost felt right, like we were lovers. At this very moment, I felt at ease with my life. Even though my ex-boyfriend was in the same room and I was supposedly a JYP trainee. Aside from that, I would try to enjoy or at least not cry during this movie. Oh yeah, I cried during thrillers, scary movies and slasher films. They just freaked me out to the point where I thought it would happen in real life.

            Oddly though, those thoughts were far away from my mind right now. Surely if there were terrible people in the world like in these movies, there were good people too, like Khun, who could make all the bad things go away.

            “Is it okay if I do this?”

            “Of course, Khun-oppa.” I was slightly worried at how easily that name rolled off my tongue. His reply was a gentle squeeze of my shoulder. Chansung pressed play on the DVD for Junsu who ambled back to his seat happily. The credits began to roll as signature eerie music filled the room. The boys on the floor were all open-mouthed staring at the screen. The movie started off basically enough with a girl walking to get onto an elevator. Her phone rings one the door closes and then—HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!

            I jumped in my seat and instinctively buried my face in Khun’s chest. This muffled my short scream and caused him to wrap his free arm around me so he was hugging me. I felt his chest rumble as he chuckled.

            “It’s only just begun, babo.”

            “It just surprised me, is all…” I mumbled back defiantly.

G.O. POV

            Watching her with him was difficult. I should have been watching the movie, by my gaze was naturally drawn to her. She would never watch these movies with me, which left me with no other choice but to find a girl who would. I loved her, but just because we were in a relationship I was not willing to give up things I liked. And I liked girls.

            But even so, Eunhee was always the one I returned to. That should count for something right? Apparently not, seeing as she was happily snuggled against Khun, the Thai Prince himself. I couldn’t blame her honestly; he would be faithful and gentle. Girls loved that.

            When she called him Khun-oppa, I was really flabbergasted. She really disliked that name thanks to me. We would always run into girls when we were out who would coyly called me oppa with a wink. Eunhee, understandably, hated that and only called me oppa on the rarest occasions and certainly never used it with anyone else. Especially not someone she just met.

             She seemed happy. So, I should be happy…right? Wouldn’t that be noble of me? Too bad for her I wasn’t noble.