11.

Little by Little - because you stay -
JUNG.sooyeon
 
Ever since my first year during senior high school, I was well known as one of the most popular students. I stood out in the dance class and I became the representative for high school dance competition.
 
At first I though high school would be my best moments until my last year before going to college.
 
She came to my life and everything started to change to the way I never wanted.
 
Everyone knew her as my little sister and she gained popularity in no time. The curiosity of who Sooyeon's little sister was changed into interest on the shy and cute girl.
 
I knew she was smart. She didn't read books everyday for nothing. I didn't mind it at all until one unbelieable day.
 
"I'm sorry, Jess," Donghae, the most popular guy in my school, who had been rumored with me for at least one year, rejected my confession with sorry look.
 
Everyone though we were the best couple and time would definitely lead us together. Therefore I asked Donghae about what he felt towards me and that's the answer I got from him.
 
"You are pretty. You are amazing. You are perfect, Sooyeon," he tried to cheer me up but I was too impatient.
 
"Then why?" I gritted my teeth with anger. "Why are you sorry?!"
 
Donghae looked confused and it's obvious that he didn't know how to answer my question. He rubbed the back of his neck and murmured, "It's just... I have a crush on Aerin so I... Well..."
 
Aerin.
 
That name actually made me clenched my fists tight.
 
Why? Why should it be her? Why should Donghae choose her over me? Why should everyone cared about her?
 
I hated her.
 
 
❖❖❖❖❖
 
 
"Thank you, Jung Songsaenim," my students greet me and bow politely before leaving the classroom. I lock the door after making sure nothing is left behind.
 
It's my first year becoming a dance teacher and it doesn't really fulfill my expectation. My passion is in dancing and the routinity I keep living on actually bored me.
 
After I graduated from college, my parents actually asked me to be a dance teacher in an university but I refused it, knowing that she would be there.
 
They have tried to convince me so many times that I shouldn't despise her but I just couldn't. Not after the news about her. She humiliated us as her family... or if I could her my family.
 
I don't want to recognize her as my sister. She might share the same family name but she would never be a part of my family.
 
Never.
 
"I'll see you tomorrow, Sooyeon," one of the teachers greets me and walks out through the school gate first. I just wave to her as she walks away.
 
It's still early and I don't really feel like going home at the moment. I want to avoid listening to lecture from my parents about being a good sister for that girl again.
 
The public music studio is the place I choose to visit. I can practice my dance there and sometimes I can listen to beautiful voices even though I don't know who are the owners of the voices.
 
Just like now.
 
The sound of a violin actually attracts me from going upstairs, heading to the dance practice room. I approach the source of the music to find a young man playing the classical instrument.
 
I think he is younger than me but his skill is not an amateur level.
 
He suddenly stops playing and lowers down his violin. He looks at me and both of us just look at each other without saying a word.
 
"Can't I have peace to play violin?" he breaks the silence with sarcasm tone. He puts back the violin back to its place. "I'm done."
 
What's wrong with this guy?
 
"Wait, I-" I was trying to explain to him that I'm not going to use the room but he storms out, walking pass me without bothering to listen to me. "Yah! Wait a minute!"
 
The guy has taken the steps to downstairs, leaving me alone with disbelief. I can't believe that boy. Kids these days are so unbelievable.
 
My gaze lands on the paper, right next to the violin. Curiosity gets me and I step inside to look at the paper which is actually a music sheet of classic music.
 
There is a signature at the corner of the music sheet.
 
"Jin...," I read the signature to figure out the name, "...Young."