*~SIX~*

Sad Memories

 

“Seungho,” said Soyeon quietly “I’m dying”

Seungho was in complete shock. He thought to himself that maybe Soyeon was joking, but in the way she said it and the look on her face, Seungho knew she was telling the truth. Seeing that Seungho was unable to speak, Soyeon explained to him that she has had leukemia since she was a child, and that she only had around the end of next year until her time was up.

“Say something, anything” Soyeon pleaded, when after Soyeon explained everything Seungho still could not utter a single word. Seungho looked at Soyeon and opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. Only tears were streaming down his face. Soyeon reached up to touch his face, and wiped the tears that would not stop.

“Please don’t cry, Seungho. Not for me,” Soyeon said “This is what I wanted to avoid this whole time, seeing you like this. Everybody I love looks at me with such pity and sadness, so with all the time I have left, I wanted to live a normal life where nobody would look at me like that. Then I came here, and met you guys. You guys took me in so quickly, and I’m so thankful that I have friends like you guys, who I cherish so dearly. But then I fell for you, Seungho. And when you asked me out, I was so happy that you felt the same way, but at the same time, I didn’t want to hurt you. And I didn’t want you to look at me with a sad expression, especially not from you. You mean too much to me and I couldn’t- ”

“I still love you” Seungho said, stopping Soyeon in her words. “No matter what happens, I will still love you, Soyeon. And I don’t care if you keep rejecting me, but now that I know that this isn’t a one-sided love, I’m never going to let you go. I promise that I will never look at you with any sadness, and I will never do anything to hurt you.”

“Yes” Soyeon said, right after Seungho stopped talking. Confused, Seungho asked what Soyeon was talking about.

“Yes, I’d be happy to go on a date with you” smiled Soyeon, cancelling out her previous answer and replacing it with this one.

His face still wet from tears, Seungho smiled and asked “You sure?”

“100%” Soyeon answered “Of course, only if you are”

“After spilling my heart out to you,” Seungho said and smiled “more than 100% sure.”

~

“I’d like to tell the rest of the guys” Soyeon said “I think they should know too”

“Right now?” Seungho asked, and Soyeon nodded. Seungho got up from his chair and before he made his way to the door, he asked, “If a kiss you right now, nothing will go wrong right?”

“Um, I don’t think so,” Soyeon said blushing from embarrassment “Other than the heart monitor, I think- ”

Before Soyeon could finish her sentence, Seungho planted a gentle and quick kiss on Soyeon lips and headed for the door. As he opened the door, he heard the quickening beeps of the heart monitor, laughed to himself, and closed the door behind him.

~~

“She wants to talk to you guys too” Seungho said to the rest of MBLAQ. They nodded and made their way into Soyeon’s room.

“Where’s Mr. and Mrs. Park?” asked Seungho.

“They went to finish off some paperwork, they said they’ll be back soon” Mir said before closing the door behind him.

A couple of minutes later, Mr. and Mrs. Park returned, and together with Seungho, went into Soyeon’s room. When they entered, Seungho saw the guys taking the news. Joon and Thunder were crying quietly as Soyeon was talking, G.O. was standing behind them, trying hard not to let his tears fall. Mir was sobbing like a little child, and using his sleeve to wipe his tears.

“Hyung!” Mir yelled, when he saw Seungho. He ran to Seungho and hugged him super tight and continued sobbing.

“Mir,” Seungho chuckled “Stop crying, or else you’re gonna make me start crying again.”

Soyeon’s parents told Soyeon that she was cleared to go home, and before everyone could leave to let Soyeon changed out of her hospital clothes, Soyeon said “Mom, Dad, I have to tell you something about Seungho and I…”

Seungho quickly moved to Soyeon’s bedside and said to her parents “Mr. and Mrs. Park, I have asked Soyeon out on a date. I understand if you are against it, but I like Soyeon very much and she feels the same as well. And I promised her that I would never hurt her or let anything hurt her.”

“As long as Soyeon is okay with it, so are we” Soyeon’s mother said, hugging Seungho tightly.

~~~

As everyone was waiting outside of Soyeon’s room, Soyeon’s father approached Seungho and asked if he could have a word with him. They walked down the hallway to get some privacy and Soyeon’s father said “Soyeon has changed a lot since we moved here, she’s become a lot happier and both my wife and I can see it very clearly. At first we suspected that it was the music, but we quickly figured out that it was you and your friends who are making her this happy. So I want to say thank you, because I have never seen her this happy before. Whatever you guys did, it is something that my wife and I couldn’t do to make her happy.”

“You’re very welcome, Mr. Park” Seungho said “I really do like your daughter very much, and I’ll never break the promise of not making her sad”

“And I can tell that my daughter likes you very much too” Soyeon’s father smiled. Seungho and Soyeon’s father shook hands and made their way back to Soyeon’s room, so they could bring her home. 

===================

Thanks you reading! And thanks for your patience after the little chapter issue :D