*~BONUS CHAPTER~*

Sad Memories

So this is the bonus scene I was talking about, hope you guys enjoy :) 

==============

 

SOYEON POV

“Seungho, couldn’t you ask your manager again if you could get off work early?” I ask my fiancé, while doing my hair and makeup in my room. Seungho is sitting on my bed, watching me.

“I’m really sorry, Soyeon” he said, half of him meaning what he is saying and half relieved that he doesn’t have to attend this luncheon. “You know how the manager is, he’s really strict and will not let me leave early.”

“Have you asked Mir’s parents? Maybe they could put it in a good word for you?” I say to him. Seungho works at a music store that Mir’s parents own. “The restaurant is just down the street so you wouldn’t have to leave that early. Please, Seungho~ I really don’t want to go by myself.”

“As close to them as I am, I can’t keep going around the manager to ask Mir’s parents for favors.” Seungho says, and then he checks his watch “Crap, I’m going to be late. I really am sorry, babe. I’ll ask the manager again and see what I can do okay. I’ll see you tonight” And before he leaves, he kisses me on the head and shows himself out.

My parents are out of town this week with business meetings, and after hearing the great news of my engagement, my Aunt and Uncle decided to invite me out to lunch. Thankfully my cousin will be there, but my Aunt is terrible. I heard my dad talking about her once, and supposedly this is her third marriage. My cousin hates her, but my Uncle really loves her, I really have no idea why. She is like the stepmother from Cinderella but without the two evil stepsisters.

I take a taxi to the restaurant, but because of traffic I ended up getting out at the beginning of the street and walked. As I was walking, I pass by the music store Seungho works at. I look through the window and I see him sitting on the ground, tuning one of the pianos. At first I wanted to pop in to say hello, but knowing the manager, I decide not to and keep walking. The street is filled with boutiques, cafes, and some other specialty stores, all owned by Mir’s parents. At first, I had no idea, but when I found out through Seungho, it explained how Mir always knew about new products and clothes on the market.

When I finally get to the restaurant, my Aunt, Uncle and cousin are already there, my Aunt bossing around my Uncle, while my cousin rolls her eyes at my Aunt.

“Soyeon!” my cousin yelled, got up and hugged me “Congratulations on the engagement!” I thank her, and I exchange greetings with my Aunt and Uncle, who also congratulated me.

“Where is your fiancé?” my Aunt asked me

“Unfortunately, he couldn’t make it. He has work and the manager is really strict with schedules” I say to her

“Well…that’s very disrespectful of him” she says with a disapproving nod “He should have-”

“Deborah!” my cousin cuts her off, my cousin refuses to call her mom or anything but by her name

“Honey,” my uncle says to my aunt, trying to stop her and then he turns to me and says with a reassuring smile “It’s okay Soyeon, we understand. I remember having a strict manager from when I was younger.”

Coming to this, I had a feeling that this lunch won’t be as pleasant as I want to be, and I was right. As we were talking, constant scrutiny was coming from my Aunt and nobody could stop her. I try my best to smile through it and be as polite as possible. I wish Seungho was here with me, then it wouldn’t be as difficult.

~

“Hey isn’t that Seungho’s fiancée?” one of the employees asked Mir, who was working at the restaurant that day.

"Oh yeah, that’s Soyeon” Mir said, while he was wiping down the counter behind the bar. As he observed the table, he noticed that Soyeon was very uncomfortable with the conversation, so Mir decided to eavesdrop. He made his way closer to their table, pretending to arrange the table setting of other tables, when he overheard the nasty things the woman at the table had to say. Thinking fast, we quickly pulled out his phone to see where Seungho was. Turns out he was working at the music store with that weird manager, so he called his parents to ask if Seungho could leave early from work. Once that cleared up, Mir called one of the boutiques and asked for some clothes. Seungho couldn’t show up with his work uniform, and the restaurant had a dress code that had to be followed. When everything was arranged, he sent a text to Seungho saying “Come to the restaurant, Soyeon needs you”

He closed the phone and he waited for everything to unfold.

~

Almost done, I thought to myself. We were having dessert, and I don’t know how much longer I could withstand this woman. The one time the lunch actually went well, was when my Aunt went to the bathroom, and the three us talked leisurely.

“So Soyeon,” my Aunt says, taking a spoonful of her dessert “From what I hear of what you say about Seungho, he seems like he’s after your money”

“Dear,” my Uncle says, trying to stop her.

“No, no, you have it all wrong” I say, defending myself and Seungho “He doesn’t need the money, his family is quite wealthy, or else he would not have been able to afford tuition for my high school”

“Is that true?” my Aunt, pursing her lips “Well then doesn’t that make you the gold digger?”

“No!” I exclaim, eyes watering, I don’t think I can hold it anymore “We’re just-”

When I feel a hand on my shoulder, and someone cuts me off “We’re just in love, Mrs. Park” It was Seungho. My aunt eyes widen and she’s speechless. I look up at him and whisper his name, glad that he’s here to save me.

“And I protect my fiancée from anything that will hurt her or make her sad” he continued “So if you’ll excuse us ma’am, I will be taking Soyeon with me” He grabs my hand and pulls me up. Reacting quickly, I grab my purse and we’re leaving the restaurant. Still stunned, I turn around and looked at my cousin who was giving me a thumbs up, my Uncle waving goodbye, and my Aunt still surprised by the confrontation. As we walk towards the entrance, we pass by the bar and I see Mir waving and saying bye to me. I didn’t even know he was here.

~

“I approve of Seungho” Soyeon’s cousin said, as they were watching Soyeon and Seungho leaving the restaurant “How about you dad?”

“I like him,” Soyeon’s uncle said, “He’ll take really good care of her, I know it. What about you dear? Do you like Seungho?”

Soyeon’s aunt was furious. She showed her frustration and paid the bill.

~

We walk into the elevator of the restaurant and made our way down. When the door closed, everything that I was holding in exploded, and next thing I knew I’m crying quietly. Seungho seeing me, hugged me tightly and said “I meant what I said, I’ll protect you no matter what.”

I have no idea what happened, but all of sudden I was laughing.

“Are you okay Soyeon?” Seungho asked, concerned “You were just crying, and now you’re laughing..”

“I’m okay” I tell him “I just remembered my Aunt’s face when you confronted her, it was like she had a mishap with her botox” Seungho laughed and I stopped crying.

We walk to Seungho’s car, and he opens the door for me to get in. I get in and get the seatbelt on, and I look up to see Seungho running to the driver side and get into the car. I noticed his clothes. It definitely was not his uniform, he was wearing black jeans, a black dress shirt, to be honest he looked hot.

Seungho started up the car and drove off. “You look very handsome” I say to Seungho, “It this is the new uniform at work, I think I’ll have to stop by more often.”

“Oh what this?” Seungho says and laughs “This is all Mir. When I got the restaurant, he shoved the bag of clothes into my hands and said I needed to make an impression or something. That kid…he has so many schemes up his sleeves. Oh and if you’re worried about getting in trouble with your parents for this, I already called them your mom said it was okay. She said that woman deserves being embarrassed like that”

I laugh, while imagining my mom saying that “I’ll thank Mir next time I see him, and as for my mom, she’ll get a good laugh out of this.” We laughed at everything that happened when I thought of something and asked Seungho “Did you call her Mrs. Park and ma’am?”

“Yeah, why?” Seungho said, focusing on driving.

“She hates being called that” I laugh “I remember her saying it made her feel old”

“Does she?” Seungho said, smiling “Can’t wait till the wedding then, I’m going to see her and call her ma’am again.”

We continue to talk, when I realize Seungho isn’t driving me home.  I ask him where he’s going and he tells me that we’re meeting up with the guys for lunch because he got off work early, and Mir will be getting off soon. Seungho stops in front of G.O.’s house and turns the engine off.

“Are we picking up G.O.?” I ask

“No, G.O.’s the one making lunch” Seungho said, smiling.

We ring the door bell, and Joon opens the door to greet us. We step in and we all exchanged our hellos and hugs. I go into the kitchen to help G.O. and when we finished cooking, Mir just arrived. While eating, Mir tells the whole story about my Aunt and what had happened after Seungho and I left. All the guys laughed and commented on the story, and I thought to myself how lucky I was to such great friends and an amazing fiancé. And then I remember my Aunt’s face as I was leaving the restaurant and it brought a smile to my face. 

============

Thanks again for reading! :)