Not the only one with bad day...

What is Love

Narrator's POV

All of a sudden fat tears started leaking down her face and she was crying like a baby.

The whole cafeteria looked at the girls.

Embarassed, Su Ji tried to calm her down.

"Ann J ,tell us what happened?" Su Ji gently asked.

"Yes, we're all in the same boat. Come on tell, unnie." Jiyeon added.

Ji Eun was busy wiping her face with tissues and letting her use them occasionally for blowing her nose.

"He's a-a m-monster." She hiccuped between her lines.

"Why what happened?" Su Ji asked again.

"Two hours long, he kept on bossing me around. That self-centered prick, he was so rude. He kept on calling me foul names and said that I had the mental capacity of a 5 year old unable to handle even a simple task. When I tried to be friendly and told him he had nice decorations, I just lightly grazed my fingers against his lamp shade. Just a slight touch, and he went berserk telling me that I contaminated his whole room and told me to never come again unless I wore an astronaut suit the next time."

All of them pitied her.

"Even though I'm not an intern, it's really sad hearing your story." Ji Eun sympathized.

Ann J only nodded her head and continued blowing her nose and wiping her face.

"Well, Jiyeon unnie has had it rougher." Su Ji stated.

Confused, Ann J looked up.

Jiyeon flushed now that all the attention was on her.

"She nearly got choked to death." Su Ji said indifferently.

Had it not been for the bright red mark that had now formed around her neck, Ann J would not have believed it all.

"Did that really happen unie?" Ann J asked with wide eyes.

Ji Yeon just slightly nodded her head. While Ji Yeon was busy trying to chew through her food, Ji Eun filled out her all the details on what she missed. All of a sudden Ann J felt even worse. Here she was complaining about being called rude names while her unnie had braved it out even when she was one step away from Death's door.

"Unnie, mianheyo. I must sound so pathetic. I'm sorry about having complained and cried over such small matter when it should be you who must be doing that."She apologized.

"It's alright Ann J, happens all the time. You don't need to be sorry for feeling like that. It happens." Jiyeon assured her.

Nodding, Ann J took a small bite of her bread.

Jiyeon smiled at her and looked at Su Ji who was about to take a small sip of her soup from her spoon. Jiyeon gasped.

Everyone looked at her.

"Suzy, why is your hand bandaged, what happened?" Jiyeon panicked. That bandage had not been there when they were together in the morning. Everyone followed her eyes and indeed her right hand was bandaged with pink rolls.

"Oh this. I just got it while trying to befriend my patient." She shrugged.

All the girls raised their eyebrows at this.

Su Ji felt them staring and looked up, "What?" She asked incredulously.

"Girl, you gotta tell what happened?" Ji Eun told her.

Sighing Su Ji recounted her story this early morning.

2 hours ago...

After separating from Jiyeon and Ann J, she had reached the Juvenile building. Her patient was on the fourth floor. On her way she received countless catcalls and jeers on the way by delinquents inside the prison. Self-conciously she pulled the hem of her pink dress. Whe she reached room no 4D, she stared inside through the bars.

Unlike the rooms for mental patients, the juvenile's were more sturdy and rough yet it maintained a clean image. The room consisted of basic necessities - one bed by the wall, a blanket, a study table with two chairs and a lamp shade on the bed-side table.

She looked carefully to find a lean figure sitting on the bed with his head down.

What is he doing? Praying?

Su Ji felt ridiculous for having even let that thought cross her mind.

She slid her ID card through the security lock and the bars chimed open.

The figure did not turn around.

Is he in deep sleep?

She entered his room and the doors automatically closed.

"Lu Han." She called.

The figure looked up and turned around.

Just a brief passing glance and that was all Su Ji needed.

He's so young for his age and beautiful too. What is he doing in a Juvenile center?

However as soon as he looked, he turned around just as fast.

Ok, rude.

Tentatively she called out his name again.

"Hello Lu Han, my name is Bae Su Ji. I'm a new intern and you've assigned to my care for one whole year. Let's be good friends, alright." With that Su Ji put her hand out.

However he gave no indication of having heard her.

Slightly annoyed Su Ji had dared to step up further and lightly prodded him with her hand when it happened.

He turned around so fast and grabbed her hand in the blink of an eye, next thing she knew a jolt of pain shot through her right hand. Groaning she looked down and found herself on the floor with her hand being mercileesly abused beneath his foot where he increased his pressure with each passing second.

She tried to free her hand but it only ended up causing her more pain.

She looked at his face to find all those beautiful traces gone. Instead he snarled at her and bent down.

Su Ji hissed at the pain.

He inched closer to her face until she could smell his breath on her face.

Fresh and crisp, like the warm autumn sun.

She looked at his eyes still not admiting defeat.

"Don't." He calmly stated.

Su Ji scrunched her eyebrows not getting him.

"Don't touch me." He hissed.

He raised his hand and was almost about to hit her when guards started banging the bars.

"Yah, Lu Han. What do you think you're doing?" One of the guards banged while the other hurriedly swiped his card and pushed him off her.

"Agasshi, are you alright?" He asked.

"Ne." She lightly nodded her head.

She stared at Lu Han to find him being held against the wall with his hands behind his back.

"Yah Lu Han, how many times have I warned you to not harm the doctors?" The other guard scolded.

"Che! That twerp's not even a doctor."

Su Ji's face flamed at being called twerp. However the gurad mistook it for her pain.

"Agasshi, is your hand alright? Let's get it checked." He started to usher her out of the room.

"Anniyo. I'm fine. It's alright, I can continue with the session." She tried to shrug it off.

"No no. We need to get your hand checked first. We'll inform the doctor in charge of your accident. It'll be alright."

And with that, despite Su Ji's countless struggles and the guard's equal defiance and with that last warning glare at Lu Han, off they headed to the nurse office which brings us to now, the present.

Ann J grimaced, Ji Eun winced, Jiyeon formed an 'o'.

"I'm fine though." Su Ji stated.

"Yah, I really feel bad for you guys. It's not like you even commited any sins. Why are you guys being subjected to such torture?" Ji Eun questioned.

"Umm, and it's only our first day here. I can't imagine what the rest of the year will be like." Ann J complained.

"You never know. Who knows we may be able to get along just fine. Or even better if possible?" JiYeon attempted to lighten the atmosphere.

"Unni, I know you're trying to raise our spirits but it doesn't really sound convincing." Su Ji flatly replied.

They all heavily sighed.

"Seems like I'm not the only one with bad day." JiYeon stated.


Hello, guys m sorry for those who waited one more day extra, really sorry. Got caught up in a drama! Anyways got some thing to say, MY A-LEVELS ARE OVER! Yes, Halleluja Buddha Allah!!!! Finally, Two long months of holidays, now that's a vacation sweethearts!!! Anyways started to watch Rooftop Prince yesterday and m loving it. But SeNa's character is so y, it looks like she was born just so a horde of crazy girls would mercilessly stomp on her and crush all the bones in her body and make her die a painful death. Hehe, anyways this chappie may be a bit short but just wanted to tell you guys, from now onwards I'll be writing the story according to the titleno matter how short the chapter may be. Don't stone me to death for it. Also I've got two other fics, so I'll need to focus on that too. Gosh that's what I get for being so greedy. Anyways forget my rant and enjoy your day cause I surely will be enjoying mine!!!