Physical exams

What is Love

A month passed and now Kris spoke more than he did in the last 11 years. He threw less temper tantrums and had lost some of that murderous aura he possessed. He took his medicines on time and did not give the nurses or the doctors any hard time. The entire hospital staff was amazed at his recent behaviour change. They believed it to be some kind of miracle.

During the monthly meeting of the interns with the senior doctors, they highly praised Jiyeon for her achievements during a short period of time. Jiyeon thought her face would break apart from the way she was smiling ear to ear.

And now currently they were celebrating her progress in the cafeteria since they could not afford to go outside at the moment.

"Congratulations Jiyeon unnie." Su Ji and Ann J chimed clanking their glasses together.

Jiyeon smiled wider.

"Thank you guys." After a pause she added "And sorry."

"Gwenchana unnie, you deserved the praise." Ann J assured.

"Yup, it's just that we either at our jobs or that our patient is out of reach for cure." Su Ji stated.

Jiyeon winced.

"Hey, don't say that. You guys are really awesome, I know that and even most of the hospital staffs do." Jiyeon assured her.

"Then it must our patients with the problem." Ann J said.

"They already have problems." Su Ji spoke stating the obvious.

Ann J nodded.

Jiyeon felt bad. Really bad, it was supposed to be a moment of celebration for her but the fact that her two little dongsaengs were lagging behind her despite the fact that they all started at the same time made her feel really guilty.

"Unnie, it's alright. You don't need to worry about us. We're doing fine. Lets just be happy and celebrate." Su Ji lightly squeezed her hand and gave a genuine smile.

The knot inside Jiyeon's heart loosened and she finally allowed herself to feel elated.

And so they cheered and drank and ate having their own little feast on the small but cute cafe table.

Munching away happily Ann J spoke, "Su Ji unnie I heard that your patient LuHan got into a fight. Again."

"What's so new about it?" SuJi questioned back sipping her drink.

"Yah, I heard it too." Jiyeon chimed in.

"Annndddd..." she drawled "He had quite a reason this time." Jiyeon continued with a mysterious twinkle in her eyes.

Ann J was enchanted by it while Su Ji felt really odd.

Jiyeon continued with that mysterious smile still on her lips, "From what I heard from the nurses they said he got into a fight because of you."

"Mwo? Me?" Su Ji asked feeling stupified, pointing her finger at herself.

"How? How?" Ann J asked enthusiastically jumping up and down on her seat.

"Well, from what I heard from their gossip was that some delinquent was talking about our dear Su Ji" Jiyeon nodded her head in her direction "during the lunch time and how he was bragging to his friends that he could have the new intern any moment he wanted."

Both SuJi and Ann J made puking faces at that.

"And then what?" Ann J pressed on.

"It got pretty ugly then. Word reached LuHan and he beat down the guy to a bloody pulp."

Ann J oohed.

"How am I connected to this?" Su Ji asked still not getting the whole thing.

"LuHan's in your care, isn't he? So it's pretty obvious they connected two and two together and added you two into the whole scene." Ann J answered.

Jiyeon was really suprised seeing how the younger one got it while the older one was still struggling with it.

"It's just gossip." Su Ji shrugged.

"You never know." Jiyeon and Ann J both chimed at the same time.

Just then their pagers buzzed together. Immediately they took it out and read it.

"Dr. Qri's calling me."

"Me too."

"Me three."

They looked at one another. "I guess the mini-party's over." Jiyeon spoke. All of them got up and headed towards her cabin.


A few minutes later they were all standing in front of Dr. Qri inside her glass cabin.

"You girls may be confused as to why I called you all here together?" She smiled.

All 3 of them lightly nodded their heads.

"Oh you see, I forgot to tell you girls about it this morning. I'm always forgetting things. Silly me." She lightly hit her head.

"Every month there's a full check-up for the patients here. This time the day for the check-up turned out to be today. You're supposed to go through their medical files this past month and also conduct a thorough physical exam. You may look at their files later but at the moment I'd like you to do their physical check-up and quickly report your file to my office by the end of your shift. Good luck." She chirped.

"P-physica-l exam." Ann J stuttered turning beetroot.

"Yes, it's that exam where you measure their height, weight, measurements, etc. In overall the whole body. Why don't you know what it is?" Qri questioned oblivious to Ann J's innocence and the faint blushes on the other two.

"N-no, I d-do." Ann J stuttered again.

Just then Dr. Qri's pager buzzed.

"Oh, excuse me." She smiled.

As she read her pager her smile turned into a frown.

Quickly she picked up a medical file from her table and turned to the interns, "You 3 run along. I'm needed in the emergency ward right now."

With that she was off before anyone could say something.

"Physical exams?" Ann J cried out loud.

Jiyeon blushed fanning herself. It was not that she was thinking about her patient. It was just that she would be looking for the first time ever at a male's body. Which my dear readers also happened to belong to Kris which one could bet would be nothing like any ordinary one.

"What's so hard with it?" Su Ji questioned with that blank face still in place.

Ann J could only gape at her.

"Come on girls, lets get to work." Jiyeon ended.

With a sigh, Ann J trudged along with heavy steps while Su Ji maintained her light ones. Jiyeon followed them just as well but not before her eyes landed on Qri's table. There lying on the table she saw one white plastic cup innocently holding water. She had suddenly started feeling thirsty after hearing the news and she thought it wouldn't hurt to take one gulp. Without any second thoughts she moved forwards and drank from the cup in one go.

What immediately came after that was totally unexpected. The taste was so strong it burnt and left a bitter taste on her tongue. She cringed at the taste. Whatever she drank she was sure it was not water.

Shrugging her shoulders, she followed her friends.

Now my dear readers you may as well as have guessed what was inside the cup. The holy drink - Soju. Now don't go around saying soju inside the doctor's office! It's just that Dr. Qri kept one bottle of it stored away for when situations came up. Like on day's where her shift had to go on throughout the whole night or when she was particulary having a hard day to keep her going. Yes, only one cup. And another thing to know is that our Jiyeon was very bad with alcohol. She couldn't even handle pickles dipped in them. So now you may as well as have guessed what one whole cup wopuld have done.

Clearing her head she followed them to the elevator. Her head was getting a bit woozy and she leant on the walls to keep her balance in check. Ann J noted her weird behaviour and asked her if anything was wrong.

"Aniya, nan gwenchana." She smiled.

Reassured both of them walked out from the elevator when it dinged.

Soon Jiyeon was on her way to Kris's room. Her vision got a bit blurry right when she stopped in front of the room. Stopping she shook her head to get her vision cleared.

What's wrong with me?

Ok physical exams alright, here I come.

When she entered the room she noticed Kris in his usual seat looking outside the window.

"Hey there." Jiyeon smiled.

Kris looked at her direction indicating that he heard her and also what Jiyeon liked to think was his way of greeting her back.

"Ahem." Jiyeon cleared to encourage herself.

"Well, today we'll be doing a physical check-up, not ours, yours. And uhm beside that you're free to do whatever you want to."

There, clear and nothing wrong.

Well, it would have been so if Kris had gotten up from his seat and followed her to the medical room but no, he just had to sit there like he heard nothing.

Sighing, Jiyeon walked forward suddenly loosing her footing midway, falling down in an ungraceful heap.

THUMP!

Slowly Kris turned around to see what the noise was from. Seeing Jiyeon down on the floor, Kris spoke "What are you doing?"

"Cleaning the floor!" She snapped.

Kris only raised his eyebrows. Over the course of month Jiyeon had persuaded him, laughed at him, whined at him but never snapped. Thinking something must be wrong he got up from his seat and bent down in front of her.

Jiyeon was busy trying to slowly untangle her legs that she didn't notice that Kris was already in front of her.

Why the heck is it so hard to get up?

Jesus C-

Her thoughts stopped mid-way.

Face to face, chilled breath fanning her face and noses nearly touching she was greeted with Kris's boring eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I-" Kris thought he caught a whiff of a strange bitter scent.

Blushing, Jiyeon abruptly got up. "Nothing!" She squeaked.

"Follow me." With that she practically half-walked/half-ran from the room.

She's acting weird.


The entire room was white-washed with streaks of bright colors here and there. Maybe it was to ease the patients, she thought.

Currently Kris was sitting in one of the chairs in the medical room. Catching his stare, she asked "What?"

"When are you going to start the check-up?"

Jiyeon felt her ears go red.

"I-I'll start right away."

"Do it quick, I want to go to my room as quick as possible." He lazily replied.

"O-okay. Um, first we'll start with the weight."

With that she started weighing him up, measuring his height, checking his blood pressure and all those other things. Everything was going fine according to Jiyeon until suddenly Kris loosened one knot on his shirt.

Jiyeon froze.

"What are you doing?"

"Taking my shirt off."

Dumbly Jiyeon inquired, "Why?"

Kris looked at her if she was stupid or what, "Isn't it time now that you listen to my heartbeat and inspect my body for anything new?"

Blushing a deep shade of tomato red, she replied "A-ah yes I know. I was just about to do that."

Putting the sethescope to her ears, she neared him and slowly slid her hand under his shirt.

Her cold hand on his warm skin was like a mix of ice and fire. She felt her hand burn and the deep breathe Kris took did not help at all. It was even more worse since she had to focus her willpower on moving her hands and putting it right on top of his heart.

"Breathe." Jiyeon ordered.

Kris took slow and long inhale and exhale.

Jiyeon listened to his heartbeat finding it a soothing lullaby. Her head lulled and she nearly, nearly rested her head on his chest.

Gripping a hold of herself, she quickly removed her hand.

Kris noticed her flushed cheeks and only tilted his head. To Kris who was not getting what was happening to her at all was plain confusion. To Jiyeon whose head was now getting woozy and really light, it only looked innocent and cute and just so plain y that she wanted to jump on him and rip his clo-

What the hell am I thinking?

Jiyeon, you pabo, focus. What if he takes you for a ert?!!

"Turn around." She muttered.

Again she slowly slid her hand inside and it only felt double the torture she faced just a moment ago. After what seemed like hours but was only a minute instead, she removed her hand and wrote down how his heartbeat rates were doing.

She had finished recording everything now and was glad she was now free from the painful torture ready to do whatever she wanted, reaching towards the door when Kris's cold voice stopped her.

"Where are you going?"

"Aren't we finished?" She innocently stated.

Kris only sighed in response.

"I hate repeating myself. Didn't I just mention a moment ago about body inspection too?"

It felt like a bucket of cold water just rained down on her.

"B-body inspection? C-can't you do it yourself?"

"Is that why they hire interns?" Kris only asked back coldly.

Ok the thing was, Jiyeon wasn't sure what was happening to her. She didn't know why her head was feeling woozy and why she was super-reactive to touching Kris's skin. She was scared that she'd do something really bad if she'd be kept in the room with him for another 10 seconds.

"Scared?" Kris smirked.

Ok that did it. Even though she knew it that deep down that was the only reason why, hearing it to her face stung even more than she thought it would.

"You wish." She stated back as viciously as she could.

Yup ladies no one and I mean no one could call her a scaredy-cat and get away with it. It didn't matter even if it was checking out another male or her steps getting slurry again.

She banged her legs as hard as she could but it turned out to be a bit difficult since she had a hard time controlling her legs. She walked up to him and pushed him back on the bed.

"Will you take it off or should I do it for you?" She asked in a candy-coated voice pulling off the second knot on Kris's shirt.

Kris was a bit suprised by her aggressive side but neverthless did not loose his cool.

"It's your choice." He coolly stated back.

With that off went his shirt.

Jiyeon seriously wished she had not acted like that before cause what she was faced with now currently, she was definitely not prepared for it.

The smooth creamy expanse of his chest seemed to keep on going ending up at his firm and taut abs.

He has abs!!!!

She shrieked inside her head like a mental.

Contrary to her thoughts, she maintained her poker face on. The red blush on her face was the only thing giving her away.

She slowly raised her hands and touched his skin again. It was as if electricity jolted down her very being. Her body thrummedin response. Slowly, she traced his skin with her fingers inspecting any bumps or irritations that his skin might possess but fortunately it was flawless.

Wait a minute! Why is that fortunate?

Her hands moved down south tracing his abs, the slight dips and curves drawing circles over them. Kris's breathe hitched. During his 11 years here, no one had ever touched him like that. Sure some of the nurses gave him that coy look every now and then but no one had ever gotten to get past his shell like that.

The feel of her cold hands on his hot body was a new sensation to him. A pleasurable one.

Done with his chest, she turned around him and put her hnads on his back. It was just as flawless. Lean, mean and y.

y! Wait, y?!!

Slowly the alcohol seeped into her brain. Now her vision was getting blurry and it was as if she'd decided to put all her conscience behind and was now purely acting on impulse.

Her hands moved across his back sensously. Her breathing became laboured and her lips were now very close to his neck.

She'd always been entranced by his neck. Long and white, it looked entrancing when he slowly stretched it upwards or when he'd drink something and that Adam's apple would go bobbing up and down. Moments like that.

She was now nearing the nape of his neck.

It wouldn't hurt, would it? To place a light kiss there?

That spot seemed to be beckoning out to here, slowly, surely.

She moved forwards now a hair's breadth away, closing her eyes ready to fall away to eternity.


Ok my dear readers, I know you hate me! I promised a double update but I couldn't do it. So many work to do and I thought this chapter would have to wait even longer if I was going to work on another one. And I'm so sorry for the supa late update.

Please don't hate me!

 This chapter maybe a bit ahem I guess PG-13 because there are a few sensuous moments. Comment and subscriptions are always appreciated. Till then later!