Meeting the other interns

What is Love

Narrator's POV

Jiyeon was in complete awe looking at the inside of the building. It was quite spectacular, not what one would expect a mental asylum to look like.

Nope definitely not.

The chairman had asked her to follow him as he was about to introduce her to the other interns.

"Jiyeon-ssi" The chairman spoke bursting her bubble.

"Yes." She flushed having been caught looking stupid.

"Here we are." He pointed towards a glass cabin where she saw two other girls around her age.

Upon noticing the chairman those girls stood up and politely bowed.

"These are the total interns for this year. Please familiarize yourself. You'll be working together from now onwards."

Jiyeon stole a quick glance at those two.

Both of them had fringes one with black hair and the other light brown. While one looked shy and cute, the other one looked warm but reserved. Jiyeon attempted a smile which both of them shyly returned.

"Now please excuse me as I have other works to attend to. I'll send someone for you girls to give a tour around the institution. Till then." He bowed.

All three of them bowed too.

As soon as he left the atmosphere turned quiet and awkward.

Too awkward.

Attempting to break the silence Jiyeon introduced herself.

"Anyeonghaseyo, I'm Park Jiyeon. I attend Seoul University and am currently in my second year. I'm looking forward to working together with you." Jiyeon said.

The shy girl began, " I'm Jo Yeo Woon but my friends call me Ann J. You can call me Ann J too. I recently finished highschool and have been accepted into Seoul University too."

At this my eyes widened a little.

So she was going to be attending the same university as her.

"I just thought it would be a bit helpful with my majors if I could have an internship experience from the start." She finished.

They turned towards the other girl and she began with a bow.

"Bae Su Ji imnida. But you guys can call me Suzy. I'm currently in my first year of University and coincidentally I attend Seoul University too."

They were all suprised at this coincidence and soon enough they were laughing and talking like they had known each other for years.

During that time Jiyeon found out that she was the eldest out of those 3 with her being 19, Suzy 18 and Ann J 17.

They were happily chatting amongst themselves when they were interrupted by someone.

"The new interns I presume?" Stated a cold clipped voice.

They turned around to find a gorgeous uninterested male along with Ji Eun behind him.

Upon recognizing Jiyeon, she gave her a thumbs up glad that she'd gotten the position.

Jiyeon felt the same way too, so she let a smile creep into her face.

"And you would be?" Questioned Suzy not liking his tone.

"Jung Yunho, one of the head doctors here at Seoul Mental Institution."

(Ta-Dah! Again, I seriously could not think of anyone else. I just remembered Yunho to be a part of TVXQ and for all those YunJae shippers I could not keep him apart from his Boo Jae. *wink*)

Upon recognizing his position all three of them bowed at once.

"Leave the niceties. I'm not interested in hearing how glad you feel or how great of an opportunity this is or all those other s."

The girls cringed. They were not used to hearing such crass words used in front of them. And that too directed at them.

"Let's begin. You three will get your ID cards tomorrow. You are strictly asked to wear them all the time inside the instituion during your working hours. This institution has many doors that require ID verification for the workers to pass through so don't forget your IDs at home like a brainless dumbo. If you do there may be heavy consequences. Not exactly from our side but those retards you're gonna be treating. They jump upon every chance they get when they notice someone not from the hospital entering their compound."

The girls shivered.

Jiyeon did not exactly like that feeling.

"Not that I give a damn. For all I care that means no more inexperienced newbs tailing me for their each and every problem."

Jiyeon seriously wondered if he was indeed one of the head doctors here.

The other two seemed to have the same thought going through their heads too.

"Now follow me." And with that he briskly walked away.

The girls struggled to catch up with his pace since he took such long fast strides.

Jiyeon briefly wondered if it was beacuse he wanted to get this over with as soon as possible. Judging from his behaviour till now Jiyeon highly doubted if there were other reasons available.

"This institution is divided into two sections: Juvenile and Mental. You should know that since you've applied here. Otherwise what the hell are you even doing here?" He asked to no one in particular.

Jiyeon mentally tsked.

"Each one of you will be appointed to one of those heads matching your course; either the retard section or the delinquent one for one whole year."

How the hell did he even mangae to reach that post with such uncouth behaviour?

Right now they were walking inside a glass hallway that had two huge buildings on it's ends.

"That one over there is the Juvenile Building." He pointed to his right.

"While that one over there is the building for those mentals." With that he pointed to his left.

"Since its the holidays your shift starts from 10 in the morning till 3 in the afternoon. You will be allowed an hour break at 12 in the noon. When your college starts your time schedules will change. You may sometimes be asked to stay a little longer or allowed leave a bit earlier. On those days, we'll notify you in the morning."

Abruptly he turned around and asked, "Any questions?"

They all shook heads.

Though she had a thought for a fleeting moment that even if they did he'd brush it off.

During the tour they visited the cafeteria, the patient rooms, the conference hall, their locker rooms, the head doctor's cabins and god forbid even the restrooms.

Jiyeon's POV

We had already been given a tour of the Juvenile building and now were touring the Mental Building. On the third floor, while the head doctor was showing us around suddenly guards started passing through us disappearing right around the corner.

One more guard was pushing through asking us to give way, when Yunho-sungsaemnim caught him by his collar.

"What's happening?" He asked.

"It's one of them again. He went wild on another patient for some reason and is badly thrashing the guy. We need to hold him down." With a quick bow, the guard started running again following his fellow comrades direction.

"Ok girls." He stated.

And for the first time he grinned.

"Follow me." He looked too happy to be true when he said that.

Since we were in no position to deny we quietly followed him while he took the same path those guards did.

When we turned around the corner, I loudly gasped.

Ann J had her face covered unable to watch while Suzy put her hand over and Ji Eun desperately looked anywhere but there.

On the floor lied a bloody patient with his face smeared in all red.

Blood.

He was clutching his body and was groaning in pain since his face did not seem to be the only part of his body from where it was bleeding.

One of those guards was kneeling by his side speaking into his microphone and at the same time checking how much damage had been done.

I hesitantly looked at the guy who'd done all this. He was fighting against those guards trying to escape from their hold since it seemed like he was not satisfied with the handy work he'd done on the poor guy.

I made the deadly mistake of looking at his face.

I was completely petrified by his gaze. It was murderous. As if he really meant to kill. Thankfully, I wasn't the unfortunate one on the receiving end. If I had been, I'd have already buried myself six feet under the ground. He was struggling wildy against the four security guards who were trying very hard to restrain him. The fifth one who was not holding him down was calling for more back-ups.

"Well, there you have him, Park Jiyeon-ssi."

"W-who?" I fumbled with my words. Shocked that he even remembered my name.

"Your patient. Remember, your recommendation will highly rely on how you'll handle this patient of yours. Good luck."

I nervously looked at the guy who was still lashing out like a wild animal and gulped.

I came here for an internship not to shorten my lifespan.

Dr. Jung Yunho had left right after he assigned me to my doom. Now I could feel their sympathetic gazes on my back.

Minus Yunho-saem obviously.

He'd already turned around the corner when he felt that his job had been done. Obviously he didn't even feel inclined to help the guards or the poor nurse who looked lessly scared trying to drug the wild animal.

I turned around to confirm my suspicion.

Indeed, they were looking at me as if they'd found out that I had brain tumour and was going to die tomorrow.

Ann J's lip trembled and her eyes were starting to water.

Please Ann J, I already feel worse. I don't need you adding icing to the cake.

Suzy's face looked between a cross of pain and worry.

"Unnie, are you going to be alright?" She asked.

Nope, I just want to go home and die on my bed.

Instead I nodded.

Ji Eun's lip thinned.

"Now you understand why we hardly have workers around my age here?" She asked.

Darling you should have given me the demo a bit earlier.

"I'm fine. I can do this. This is what I came here for after all." I smiled.

It must have looked weak cause they didn't seem convinced. Truth be told even I wasn't.

Sighing, I pumped up my fists and shouted, "Aja! Aja! Fighting!"

They weakly smiled and joined me in shouting "Fighting!" over and over again.

By the time I'd reached home I was completely sapped out of energy and confidence. I just balled up on my bed and started to scream into my pillow trying to take out all my frustruation there.


There! Don't kill me with your disappointment if you did not get what you wanted. She did not officially meet him, more of a brief encounter but to make up for that, there's a long chappie in the next update and yes she's going to have a very long moment with him. So prepare yourself dear readers.

Again, comments and subscriptions are well appreciated.

Preview:

You need me and I need you.