Hello to myself

What is Love

Narrator's POV

The bright morning light filtered through the window on her face.

On instinct her closed eyes scrunched up. The bright light was blinding even though her eyes weren't open. She shielded her face with her hand and continued sleeping.

A few minutes later, the alarm clock started ringing obnoxiously.

"Ahh, wae?" She cried at her clock.

Fumbling with her sheets she finally stopped the clock.

Groggily her eyes opened to take a look at the time.

It read 8:30 am.

Not being a morning person was very hard on those days where one had to wake up early.

Lazily, she got up from her bed and grabbed a towel on her way to bathroom.

Jiyeon's POV

I looked at my reflection on the bathroom mirror.

Oh crap, I look like .

My hair was a big tangled mess and also there was a little bit of what drool was left all dried up.

Oh and lets not forget those dark circles under my eyes.

Well, that's what I get for staying up all night.

Well, basically it was research for my interview so I can't exactly be blamed now, can I?

What interview you ask?

Oh, my bad. Let me introduce myself.

I am Park Jiyeon. I am 19 years old and currently I attend Seoul University where I major in psychology. It's not just a subject I chose just because I had to continue or do something with my life.

No, it's much more than that. I've always been curious about the human mind.

Why it works the way it does? What compels such unusual characteristics in humans that separates us from each other so individually? What makes us the person we are today? A lot of questions that are still left unanswered. And I aim to find answers to all those questions.

And so my first step towards my goal, applying for an internship in Seoul Mental Institution. One of the biggest institution in the Republic of South Korea. It is rumoured to have serious cases of mental patients and also violent delinquents whom even the police were believed to have been unable to handle so they just deemed them mental.

Right now I'm in the process of preparing myself for the interview which starts at 11 o'clock in the morning, so I have 2 hours and half left.

I showered and slipped on a loose grey sweater. It fit my body perfectly and fell off from one shoulder.  I went downstairs and prepared breakfast for myself. I made blueberry pancakes  and buttered toast with strawberry jam. After setting it on the table, I opened the fridge and poured orange juice into my glass. Now that my breakfast was ready, I sat down and ate in silence.

Yes people, I live alone. It's not that I don't get along with my parents. I really do, in fact I always call my mom on weekends since she makes it sure that if I don't she'll have the Chief of Seoul Police Department hot on my heels. My mom is just a bit overprotective when it comes to me. After loosing Dad, I'm the only family she has left. It's not that my Dad is dead, he just left us when I was five. My mom insists that he left her, not me. But who is she kidding in the end we both got dumped didn't we?

I started living an independent life the moment I turned sixteen. I own a two-story home in the quite suburbs of Seoul away from the sparkling lights of the bustling cities.

Now that I had finished my breakfast, I put it away and washed the dishes.

I looked at the clock and it showed 9:00 am. Well, I still have 2 hours left, so I headed towards the living room and the TV. Bored with uninteresting things to watch, I flipped through the channels and I suddenly came upon one of my all-time favourite drama "Boys Before Flowers".

Awwwh, Ji Hoo sunbae.

So sweet and caring.

Do you actually even find guys like this in real life? I guess its all in dramas only.

And before I knew it an hour had passed already.

I cursed when I saw the clock.

Damn it! Why did the drama have to be so amazing?

Hurriedly I ran to my room and pulled out whatever I could reach for in the wardrobe.

After I was changed, I combed through my hair and tied it into a simple low ponytail.

I lightly dabbed some lip gloss and ran out double checking that I had closed my home properly.


Ok, so there's goes the first chapter, I know it's a bit short but please bear with it. The second one is more longer. Yeah about this chapter I made it ann introductory one to Jiyeon's life. At first I wanted to make this a you tagged roleplaying kinda story. I mean like the character is Park Jiyeon but us playing in her place but then I realized I loved Jiyeon too much for that to happen so I gave up. Hehehe, please do comment and subscribe if you like.

Preview:

"You mean they ask you to sleep with them?"