Chapter Nine: Kai and Hyeyeol; Meet.

The Stories of Our 'Happy-Ever-Afters'

It was another usual day at SM High School; quiet and calm.
You stepped in and raised an eyebrow at how quiet it was, completely different from your other school which was loud and rowdy.
A student rushed by in a hurry and accidentally bumped shoulders into you.
You turned around at the same the other had. At this point, you had expected them to curse at you, but instead, she bowed in apology,”I’m sorry! I was just in a hurry...”
You blinked in surprise,”P-Pardon me?”
She bit her lip,”I’m sorry. For bumping into you, that is.”
You lightly nodded your head, uncertain,”It’s okay?”
She paused for a minute before extending out her hand,”I’m Hanbi. Are you perhaps a new student?”
You warily slipped your hand into hers and gave it a slight shake,”Yeah. I’m Hyeyeol.”
Her eyes brightened at once,”Ah, you’re No Hyeyeol-ssi? We’ve been expecting you for a while!”
“A while?”,you tilted your head and let go of her hand.
“Yes!”,she went through her bag and took out her folder that was labeled, ‘Scholarship Students’,”It says on your scholarship that you were supposed to come here a week ago. I was getting anxious for a minute.”
You raised an eyebrow,”Sorry if this sounds rude, but why do you have my profile?
“Oh, I’m part of the school council.”,she smiled.
You nodded in understanding.
“Well, since we’ve gotten to know each other and we have the same class for homeroom,” Hanbi grinned and held out an arm,”Should we head to class together, friend?”
You let out a smile of relief and looped an arm through hers,”Let’s go, friend.”
The two of you laughed and went upstairs to your new classroom.
--
Kai anxiously went through the pages of the scholarship students. *What the hell! Every scholarship student is here except for No Hyeyeol!*
He went back and forth, checking off the students who had already gotten there and those who haven’t.
“AH, WHATEVER!”,Kai shouted in frustration and flipped the folders shut.
“What’s up, Mister President?”,his best friend, Kyungsoo, or D.O as people called him, sat in the desk in front of his.
“This girl is the problem! She’s causing me so much stress!”,he frowned and flipped the folder open to your profile as he slid it towards the other.
“Hey, she’s cute. Is that why you’re so anxious?”,D.O pointed at your picture in the corner.
Kai slapped his hands over his face,”No! It’s because if she doesn’t show up here by tomorrow then I have to contact her myself! And you know how bad I am when it comes to getting scholarship students to actually come here!”
D.O opened his mouth to answer, but an angelic voice called out,”D.O, Kai!”
D.O spun around instantly and Kai turned to the door.
“HANBI!”,D.O grinned and ran over to her, capturing her in a tight hug and spun her around.
You raised an eyebrow. *Must be her boyfriend.*
Just then, Kai shot up in his seat and grabbed your profile, putting it to your face from the far distance in excitement. *Oh my goodness, is that her?! IS IT HER?! OH IT’S HER.*
He instantly grinned and slammed the profile down while pointing at you,”HOLY D.O, IT’S HER.”
D.O stopped and put Hanbi back on her feet,”Well look at that, Kai. Looks like your ideal-”
Hanbi covered his mouth,”Don’t creep her out on her first day!”
D.O pouted and hugged her close.
Hanbi pulled away and hugged your arm,”Anyway, Hyeyeol-ah, this is my best guy friend Kyungsoo, also known as D.O, and that strange child up there,” she pointed up at Kai,”is the class president, Jongin, also known as Kai.”
Kai shuffled down in happiness and extended a hand out to you with a grin,”Nice to meet you, No Hyeyeol!”
You lightly shook it with a smile,”Hello.”
You had already gotten use to the nice atmosphere around here.
Hanbi raised an eyebrow at him,”You know, you weren’t that nice to me when I first came here.”
Kai ignored her and looked at you in interest,”How old are you?”
You blinked at the question,”I just turned seventeen.”
His eyes twinkled,”I’m eighteen! Call me oppa, okay?!”
Hanbi rolled her eyes,”Player.”
He elbowed her lightly without taking his eyes away from yours,”Shut up.”
“Um, okay, oppa?”,you said, uncertain.
Hanbi made a face and hugged your arm,”Don’t go by him by yourself, Hye. He has the biggest hormones-”
Kai slapped a hand over and flung an arm around your shoulders,”Don’t listen to her, Hyeyeol-ah. Believe in oppa’s words, okay?”
You tilted your head at D.O who was staring at the scene, confused as well.
He held out both hands,”I don’t know.”
You blew air into your cheeks and Kai looked down at you with a growing smile playing on his lips. *Cute.*
--
It was lunch time and you and Hanbi, along with Kai and D.O, had grown closer.
Hanbi and D.O were already finished with their trays and were waiting at the end of the line for you and Kai.
“Hey,” D.O elbowed Hanbi lightly,”Five bucks that Kai likes the new girl.”
Hanbi tilted her head at Kai who was affectionately putting side dishes on your tray for you as you tilted your head at what to get,”...Ten that Kai will ask her out by the end of the year.”
D.O grinned at his best female friend and high fived her,”Deal!”
“Do you want some of this? Or maybe this?”,Kai pointed to the many different choices of side dishes.
You cautiously and gently took the tongs away from him and slipped another pair into his hands,”Um, oppa, I can do it myself. Choose your food.”
You didn’t notice, but Kai slightly pouted and threw on side dishes that you had thrown onto your own.
After you had finished, the two of you approached D.O and Hanbi who had already sat down at a table.
You sat down next to Hanbi and Kai sat down next to you. You slightly scooted away from him and bit your lip. *Why does he keep getting closer? It’s a tiny bit creepy.*
Hanbi noticed this and lightly elbowed you while whispering in your ear,”What’s wrong?”
You looked around before cupping your palms around her ear and whispering,”Kai’s getting really close.”
She glanced over at him who was getting closer and closer to you by the second.
She rolled her eyes,”Kai, you’re being creepy. Stop getting so close to her.”
Kai made a face,”Hey! Don’t talk to your class president like that!”
D.O stuffed a spoonful of rice into his mouth,”You’re scaring Hyeyeol.”
You meekly smiled up at Kai,”J-Just a teensy tiny bit.”
Kai put a hand on his chest, pretending to be offended.
Just then, four other males from the school council came over and sat down at the table casually.
“Wah, I’m starving!”,Sehun broke his chopsticks instantly and began eating right away.
Baekhyun shoved a spoonful of rice into his mouth and looked around the cafeteria until his eyes landed on a certain figure in line. She turned her head and Baekhyun grinned at her before waving.
The girl giggled silently at his stuffed face and waved back.
Suho finished his text and slipped his phone back into his pocket as he secretly watched a girl walk by the table. He caught her eye once she sat down and smiled in satisfaction. *She’s not being bugged today.*
You raised an eyebrow at them. *Their girlfriends, probably.*
“Oh! Who...?”,Chanyeol finally noticed you and all heads turned to you.
You lightly bowed your head,”Hello.”
“Oh! The girl that Kai hyung always talks about!”,Sehun pointed at you with his chopsticks and a tiny grain of rice on the side of his mouth.
You blinked in surprise and looked up at the person next to you,”Always talks about me?”
Baekhyun nodded and shoved a piece of kimchi in his mouth,”He said you’re really pretty.”
“Guys!”,Kai’s ears flushed red.
“He also said you’re his ideal girl.”,Suho nodded and happily ate his food.
“And he said he had a dream that you were his girlfriend one time.”,Chanyeol nodded.
You looked up at Kai, amused,”...Wow.”
“GUYS!”,Kai slapped both of his hands over his beet red face.
Hanbi smiled at the two with an amused smile as she whispered in D.O’s ear,”Dude. Get ready to pay me fifteen bucks.”
“You said ten!”,D.O protested.
“Fifteen. Take it or leave it.”,she stuffed a cucumber in .
D.O pouted in defeat.
Kai flushed even redder and buried his face deeper into his palms. *DAMN THEM!*

---------------------------------------

Sorry it's such a late chapter guys! ;n; We don't have internet at our house anymore for the time being so we have to use public computers so I won't be able to update a lot ;n; BUT I'LL UPDATE WHEN I GO TO THE LIBRARY TOMORROW LOL. Have a nice day/night guys!<3 p.s. i'll reply to comments in the next chapter because the computer place is closing now ;u; BYEBYE!~