Chapter Four: Chen and YeEun; Study Date.

The Stories of Our 'Happy-Ever-Afters'

You plopped into the chair in front of your giant pile of books.
You frowned at all six of them while lifting them up lightly, as if the books would give you a disease if you touched them it any more.
“I hate the medical field because of things like this.”,you sighed and leaned back in your chair.
You looked around your room and your eyes stopped on the alarm clock. It was only 5:00 PM, and your family wouldn’t get back until around 11.
You sat up straighter, going through your closet with your eyes. They stopped on your outfit you had prepared for the next time you would enter a dancing competition.
“It wouldn’t hurt, would it?”,you whispered and quietly stood up.
You slipped out of the chair and darted into your closet as if you were being secretive.
You pulled out your shorts, blue plaid button-down, and white tank top. You set it on your bed lightly as you went further into the closet, pulling out your pristine white and black converses that you hadn’t worn more than three times.
After you finished putting on your outfit of the night and your shoes, you braided your hair into a fish braid and pulled out a matching purse to compliment your outfit.
You glanced back once more at your pile of books while you turned your doorknob,”I’ll just study when I get back in two hours.”
With that, you left the house and got on the bus to downtown Seoul, where the dance competition would be held.
--
Music was loudly playing throughout the building.
Chen was bobbing his head along to the music, looking around at the people around him.
*Hmm, he looks like he’d be a good competition. She does, too. But definitely not him.* He scanned the crowd, looking for an opponent worth going up against.
Just then, he spotted a figure entering and turned his attention to her. She stepped in and began to grin.
*She looks like she’s good at dancing. Too good. Reminds me of someone...* He smirked and made his way through the crowd.
You began to walk in a random direction, trying to find an empty spot to stand and watch. You spotted an empty spot in the corner and squeezed through the thick groups of people. Just as you had stepped into the emptiness, another figure stepped there as well. You looked up and blinked at the boy in front of you.
*Is he trying to size me up?* You tilted your head slightly.
*I was right. Why is she out here? She usually just studies. Weird seeing her here.* Chen gazed down at you.
“Uh, can I help you?”,you raised an eyebrow.
“Are you competing tonight?”,he abruptly asked.
“Maybe... Why?”,you asked, suspicious.
He held out his hands,”Just curious, Sherlock. Don’t need to go all investigator on me.”
You rolled your eyes,”Sure. There’s nothing wrong at all with a stranger coming up to you and suddenly asking if you’re competing. That’s totally normal!”
He smirked,”You really don’t remember me?”
You have him a questioning look,”No?”
*Huh, she really doesn’t. Maybe I should give her something to admire about me when we get back to class tomorrow.* Chen grabbed your wrist.
“Whoa, there. What’re you doing?!”,you attempted to pull your wrist away, but he just tightened his grip around your wrist.
“You’re competing against me today.”,he dragged your through the crowd.
“What?! You didn’t even ask me, yet! You can’t just make the decision on your own!”,you protested and stopped walking.
He turned around and tugged on your wrist,”So you just came here for the heck of it?”
You fibbed,”Yes! Is it illegal?”
“No, but I know it’s a lie because you’d be at home studying for the test tomorrow if you didn’t want to compete.”,he turned back towards the stage and began to drag you towards there once again.
You were too confused, frustrated, and annoyed to take in the whole sentence so you just frowned and followed him.
*Fine. I’ll make you feel sorry for dragging me into this!* You thought as he signed the two of you up for the dancing competition.
Minutes later, the two of you were called up.
The MC grinned,”New competition today, Chen?”
You gave Chen a look *Seems like he comes here a lot.*
Chen simply smirked as his answer.
“What’s your name?”,the MC held his mic towards you.
“YeEun.”,you answered.
“Alright, let’s get this competition started!”,the MC cheered and the music began to play.
--
You plopped your body down on your couch tiredly. You glanced up at your pristine white wall clock and your eyes widened immensely.
*Damn him! It’s 3:00 AM now! How the hell am I supposed to study?!*
You frowned deeply and threw your purse at the table in frustration.
The light flickered twice before coming on completely and your older brother, Jongjin, was leaning against the door frame of the living room,”Looks like you’re finally home.”
You jumped in surprise,”Oppa! W-Why’re you awake? Don’t you have a test tomorrow?”
He scoffed,”Unlike you, I was actually studying for that test.”,he waved the math book in the air and walked over to the kitchen that was connected to the living room.
“I did study though!”,you pouted. *But that dickhead made me stay out longer than I intended!*
He raised an eyebrow,”Really? Then how do you do CPR?”
You paused and meekly smiled,”I didn’t get that far yet..”
He rolled his eyes while grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge,”And yet you still went out. Where did you go this time? A club again? Or maybe this time you actually did something and felt too guilty to come home on time.”
Jongjin was an easy-going person, but he worried about you a lot, especially since your parents weren’t able to be there for you most of the time because of work.
“NO!”,you frowned and crossed your arms,”You always assume that I do something bad. I told you before, oppa. I don’t plan on doing anything to harm myself. I just went to a dance competition, okay?”
He softened,”But the competitions end at midnight. It’s 3:00 AM, YeEun.”
“My opponent was being a douche and wouldn’t let me go.”,you muttered while tracing circles with your slipper.
Jongjin froze,”...Wait. Repeat that.”
You tilted your head at the TV,”Oppa, did you guys rearrange the living room? It seems different.”
“HONG. YEEUN.”,he gave you a look.
You sighed and looked him in the eye as he sat down next to you.
--
(This was after the competition and you didn’t go home yet!)
“Come on.”,Chen waved you over.
You tilted your head questioningly at the sign. *A club?*
You stepped inside and loud music was blasting everywhere. You covered your ears.
*Ow! How can people stand this?! I mean, sure I go to clubs sometimes, but this club is way different from the other ones!*
“What kind of club is this?!”,you had to practically shout for Chen to be able to hear you.
“A dance club.”,he shouted in reply.
You looked around and realized it didn’t have anything a regular club would have. There were no bars, chairs, private rooms, or any of those. The only things there were the dancing space and small rooms used for competitions.
The two of you went to the less populated section of the club and you could hear each other without having to shout.
You raised an eyebrow,”Another dancing place? I’m beginning to question why you get good grades on your tests.”
“Don’t underestimate me. I need to keep up my dancing reputation, too.”,he grinned.
You frowned,”Shut up. We got a tie earlier!”
“Your fault for not doing the b-boy move.”,he shrugged it off.
Chen kept you there with him for hours and the two of you danced, talked, or simply just sat there.
--
(This is the present!)
“And that’s why I came home late.”,you finished your story off with a nod.
Jongjin blinked at you, but you could tell he was deciding how to answer.
You sighed,”Just go study, oppa. Or better yet, sleep. It’s getting late.”
You patted his knee and grabbed your purse as you headed upstairs.
“GO STUDY!”,you heard him shout.
You rolled your eyes. *After going out for 11 hours? No thanks. I’ll just sleep and pretend I studied.*
Your door shut with a quiet slam and you plopped onto the bed face down.
--
The next day, you finally woke up in the afternoon.
You blinked at the light shining in through the window before gasping.
You shot up from your bed and grabbed your clock. It was already 4:00 PM and class started in an hour.
“OH FREAK!”,you yelled before throwing your clock down, running to the bathroom with your change of clothes.
Half an hour later, you came running out of the bathroom with only one sock on as you stumbled through the house, putting the second sock on.
Jongjin came out of his room with a raised eyebrow,”You should’ve woken up earlier.”
“SHUT UP!”,you shouted, but it came out muffled since you had your two bobby pins between your teeth as you attempted to pin up your bangs while putting on your converse.
*I’m gonna be late. I’m gonna be late. Damn Jongjin and his ability to wake up early even though he went to sleep at 5:00 AM yesterday!*
You grabbed your backpack and strode for the door, but at last minute, your shoelace untied and your fell flat on your face.
“!”,you shouted loudly as you sat up, throwing your backpack on the ground in frustration.
You sat there, fuming at the world. Jongjin came down and as if to mock you, he gracefully walked over to the door and opened it smoothly,”And to think that you’ll be a mother one day.”
“SHUT UP, OPPA! MY KID WILL BE BETTER THAN YOU! IT’LL BE ABLE TO DO FIFTY FLIPS WITHOUT FALLING!”,you yelled in anger.
You tied your shoe and stormed off to school.
At last minute, Jongjin called your name. Instead of replying, you simply turned to face him and held out your middle finger.
“Now if you will excuse me, I will be late for class.”,you flipped your hair and began walking to school in a normal pace, but when you dissappeared from the house, you began running as fast as your legs could handle.
“So immature.”,Jongjin smirked and shook his head as he locked the front door and headed in the opposite direction where his classes would be held.
You put on an extra burst of speed as you entered the gates. You went through the double doors of the school and doubled over as you struggled to catch your breath.
A figure walked over to you,”You look like a wreck even though you probably went to sleep earlier than me.”
You looked up at him and frowned,”You dickhead! I couldn’t even study for the test today! I’m screwed!”
Chen gave you an amused smile,”You know, all you really need to know for this test is how to do CPR. You do know how to do CPR, right?”
“...I was gonna study it after I got home from the competition but you made me go with you to that club.”,you muttered while rubbing the back of your neck as you straightened up.
“It’s not like I told you to not study. You should’ve studied before.”,he shrugged.
You pulled your notebook out,”I did study! Dammit, why does everyone say I don’t?!”
“You tell me.”,he blinked at you and opened the door to the classroom as he nodded towards it,”Ladies first.”
You glared at him and shot him your middle finger before going inside first.
*Temper problems today.* He laughed and followed you inside.
--
“THIS IS HUMILIATION! My oppa really won’t be happy..”,you pouted deeply as you slammed your graded test on the table.
You had taken the test and guessed 80% of the answers, considering that it was basically a test on just CPR. Your result? Well... You did get the 20% of the answers you knew right. But, your grade was still an F.
You sulked in your seat with your arms crossed.
“Seriously, how can you get this one wrong?! The answer was in the question!”,Chen’s result was the complete opposite of yours, considering that he got a perfect score.
The two of you were in the library and he had agreed to help you study for the next test, which would be in a week.
Chen sighed,”Okay, well...” He opened up one of the ten books on the table,”Read this and then write down these.”, he highlighted the parts you needed to write down.
You nodded half-heartedly as you began reading and writing.
This continued for another four hours before Chen had realized that it was already 11:00.
“Let’s do this another day, okay? It’s almost midnight.”,he wedged his highlighter between one of the books you were using and piled them again.
He made a pile of books you already used and another pile in which none of you had looked at yet. He grabbed the pile of unused books and turned towards you.
You shot out of your seat, half asleep, and grabbed your notebooks and the pile of books that had been read.
“Re-read those books, and make sure you remember the vocabulary I highlighted, okay?”, Chen glanced at you before pushing in his chair.
The two of your left the library together and stood in front of each other.
“Thanks, Chen. See you tomorrow?”,you gave a yawn.
He softly smiled and nodded,”Tomorrow.”
“Bye~”,you waved and headed in the direction of your house.
Chen burst into a grin and began walking to his apartment in the opposite direction of you.

-------------------------------------

Sorry for the really late update guys! To make up for it, Lay's chapter will hopefully be finished by today too! ;u;~