Chapter Five: Lay and Lenah; Rumor.

The Stories of Our 'Happy-Ever-Afters'

*Just two more hours until Sungyeol gets off of class and work.* You thought as you continued to write down your notes.
Lay, who was sitting in the back, was observing your actions carefully. You were fidgeting around continuously, and he could tell you were anxious about something.
*I know, she’s usually anxious about something all the time during class, but just what is it?* Lay tilted his head in wonder.
He was always curious about you. You never talked and hardly ever smiled while you were at school, or anyway, as a matter of fact.
An hour later, the teacher let the class out for a fifteen minute break.
You sighed as you wedged your pencil between the pages of a large textbook. You stood up and rotated your neck as you stood up. You left your belongings on your desk and left the room as you went down the hallway.
*I need that one book on the universe. And that other one on the stars, and the one on the planets... Damn, I’d might as well just get all of the freaking books there. Why did I take Astronomy...* You thought and frowned as you opened the door to the school library.
You went over to the shelf that had the books your needed and grabbed the first ones you saw that had information about Astronomy. After you pulled out one more book, you made your way to the checkout counter and pulled out your ID. The worker scanned it and you simply took the books and your ID back without a word.
You sat back down in the classroom and began to finish your notes in your other book. The stares of other students made you pause.
“Did you guys hear the rumor?”,one kid whispered to his group of friends in the corner,”I heard that Lenah’s in love with her own cousin!”
“You mean Sungyeol?”,another asked.
Another sadly nodded,”Sad, really. It’s like a forbidden love story.”
*...They’re right.* You clutched onto the sides of your notebook.
Abruptly, you slammed your notebook shut, threw your pencil into your backpack, and grabbed all of your books as you strode out of the classroom.
--
Lay had just turned into the classroom when he saw your figure leave the building.
*Is she going to get lunch or something?* He blinked.
When he entered the classroom, he saw the group of students staring at the door in confusion.
“Did she hear us?”,one asked.
The other shrugged.
Lay calmly went over,”Hear what?”
“You didn’t hear the rumor?”,a student with red hair asked.
Lay slowly shook his head while thinking back.
“Well, apparently Lenah’s in love with her cousin.”,he shrugged.
Lay blinked for a minute, taking in what he was just told. *Is she really?*
“But then again, it’s a rumor, so there’s no guarantee that it’s true unless she actually confesses it one day.”,one said, noticing how uncomfortable Lay had become.
--
You set your books down on your desk. You had returned home after that uncomfortable conversation during break.
You plopped down onto your bed and stared up at the ceiling.
You sighed in frustration. *Dammit, Lee Sungyeol. Why did you have to be related to me? No, actually, why did you have to be so caring towards me?*
You remembered the day that you had actually bonded with Sungyeol, which leaded to the result now.
You were in your third year of high school. As usual, you weren’t social. You had no one to talk to and basically, you were an outcast.
The bell rang and the day of school ended. You carelessly slung one backpack strap on your shoulder and strode out of the school. Just as you had left, you hear girls squealing left and right,”Isn’t that Sungyeol?!”
You paused for a minute. *Sungyeol? Lee Sungyeol?* You shrugged it off after a second and continued your way home.
“Lenah!”,you heard a familiar voice shout.
You turned around. *Damn. He saw me.*
You hated attention, and Sungyeol was basically the center of attention.
“Go home. The party isn’t until tonight.”,you muttered as Sungyeol stopped right in front of you.
“Aw, come on, cousin! Brighten up! Don’t you love seeing your beloved Sungyeol outside of our family for once?”,he grinned.
People began to whisper as they passed by the two of you.
You flushed red,”Lee Sungyeol!”
“Hey, I’m a year older than you. You should be calling me oppa, missy!”,he poked your forehead and your slapped his hand away.
“And, stop frowning. It makes your beautiful face less beautiful.”,he pulled the corners of your lips up with his index fingers and smiled.
“Do aunt and uncle even know that you’re here?!”,you hissed.
“Not at all,”,he shook his head and put a finger to his lips,”So it’s a secret! Shh!”
You rolled your eyes. *He has a maturity level of a three year old.*
Sungyeol threw his arm over your shoulders and smiled,”Did you eat yet?”
You slowly shook your head.
“Then let’s go eat! Do you want dukbokki?”,he asked.
“Don’t waste your money on me. Just go eat out with your girlfriend or something.”,you frowned and crossed your arms.
“I don’t have a girlfriend though.”,he blinked at you.
*So the rumors were wrong. I guess that’s good..* You perked up slightly.
“But I do have someone I like.”,he nodded.
You heart dropped again. “Who?”,you bravely asked.
“You!~”,he cooed and pinched your cheek.
Relief filled your chest once again. *Darn him.*
“So, should we go get some dukbokki, ‘girlfriend’?”,he grinned.
“S-Shut up.”,you flushed red again.
“I’ll take that as a yes!”,he chortled and took your hand as he led your towards the closest dukbokki restaurant.
You smiled at the memory. *It’s thanks to Sungyeol that I can smile.*
A knock was heard on your door.
“Come in.”,you muttered and the door opened. Your step-dad entered with a smile on his face.
“There’s a family gathering today. Do you want to go?”,he asked as he closed the door behind him.
You were silent, considering what to do.
“Your cousin will be there. Or, your step-cousin in this case.”,he lightly laughed.
“...Sungyeol?”,you whispered.
“Yes. And all of your other cousins as well.”,he nodded.
You paused for a minute,”Okay. When?”
He grinned,”At 6:00 PM. Me and your mother will call you when it’s time.”
You nodded and he left.
Just then, you received a text message. You opened it and read it.
Lenah!~ Family gathering today, wahoo! I can finally see my dear ‘girlfriend’ again!(: -Sungyeol.
You laughed and shook your head. *Still calling me that. Idiot.*
You sat up and glanced at your clock. It was 3:00.
*I should go buy new clothes. It’s been a year since I last saw him, anyway.* You got up and grabbed your purse as you exited the house and headed towards the clothing store.
--
Lay had just gotten out of class and he saw a familiar figure swoop by him.
*Lenah?* He turned his head, and surprisingly, he was right. It was you!
“Lenah!”,he shouted and ran towards you.
You tilted your head in confusion and turned around. Who was right in front of you was the most unexpected person.
*Is that my classmate? What’s his name?* You wondered as he stopped in front of you.
“Can I help you?”,you asked in a quiet tone.
“Oh, right... Um, there was homework.”,he held out an extra copy of the assignment and handed it towards her.
She snatched it out of his hands and read it. It was an essay paper due in two days.
“Darn it.”,you muttered under your breath and stuffed it in your purse,”Thanks.”
Lay blinked at you in surprise. *Did she really just thank me?!*
You raised an eyebrow at him,”Hello? Are you deaf now?”
“O-Oh, I mean, no problem.”,he stuttered.
“What’s your name? So I can properly thank you?”,you muttered.
“Lay.”,he said.
*Damn Sungyeol and his manners. Freaking teaching me them.* You mentally cursed your step-cousin and held up a hand to Lay,”Well, thank you, Lay.”
You your heels and left towards the store.
“...What the hell just happened?”,Lay asked himself in complete shock.

----------------------------------

OTL I'M SORRY! I JUST HAD TO ADD SUNGYEOL! I wanted to make this chapter different from the other ones so I decided to make Lenah have a tragic love triange TROLOL. 

@danger093: Ahah, thank you!~ \ ^w^ / -huggies- LOL

@ puppylovers98: OMG THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS! -throws confetti in the air- And, I love how you keep giving me fightings, it makes me heppy ;u;~

Thanks for the comments you guys!~<3