Chapter Three: Xiumin and Minah; Twirl on the Ice!

The Stories of Our 'Happy-Ever-Afters'

Xiumin blinked at the computer screen for a minute before registering what the email said.
“YES! NO CLASS! YESSSSSSSSS!”,he cheered and jumped around in his room.
“Xiumin! Shut up!”,his roommate, Hyunwoo, groaned and buried himself deeper into the blanket.
Xiumin made a face at the bump under the blanket,”Party pooper.”
“DUDE! IT’S 6:00 IN THE MORNING ON A SATURDAY!”,Hyunwoo protested.
“So?! I woke up at 5:00 today!”,he pouted.
“Did you go out yesterday until 3:00 in the morning?!”,Hyunwoo shot back.
“You’re grumpy today. Did you not get laid yesterday or what?”,Xiumin muttered.
“YOU!”,Hyunwoo shot out of the blanket and raced towards Xiumin.
“WAH! GO AWAY!”,Xiumin shouted and ran out of the dorm.
“Idiot.”,Hyunwoo muttered before going back to sleep.
--
“It’s cold this morning.”,Xiumin frowned and rubbed his arm through his thin gray cardigan.
He walked to his friend’s apartment that wasn’t too far from the school and burst in without warning,”KRIS! WAKE UP! I GOT KICKED OUT OF MY ROOM!”
“GO AWAY!~”,he heard his friend tiredly shout.
Xiumin plopped onto the bed Kris was on and lay on him,”Gege~ Make me some coffee, it’s cold.”
“Go away, you penguin.”,Kris pulled the blanket over his head.
“Come on! I got kicked out of my dorm room today by Hyunwoo too! Do you really want to make your friend sit out in the cold for another hour until a cafe opens?”,Xiumin pouted.
“I don’t care. Go to one of your other friends.”,Kris rolled onto his side.
“Fine! I’ll just roll on you until you wake up!”,Xiumin began to vigorously roll his head sideways on Kris’ side.
“DUDE!”,he heard Kris’ muffled shout.
“Are you waking up yet?!”,Xiumin huffed.
Kris shot up,”FINE, I’M UP!”
“Yay!”,Xiumin cheered.
“Shut up.”,Kris muttered before grabbing another pair of clothes, his towel, and went into the bathroom to shower.
After Kris’ shower to wake him up, he came back into his room to see Xiumin looking through his phone on his bed.
“What’re you doing?”,Kris asked, rubbing his wet hair with the towel around his neck.
“Gege, who’s SooAe?”,Xiumin innocently asked while pointing to the hundred messages on Kris’ phone in which they were both texting each other all night yesterday.
Kris flushed a light shade of red and snatched the phone back,”Don’t touch my things!”
Xiumin pouted,”Gege’s grumpy today too.”
--
Beep~
Minah’s phone beeped as a message arrived in her inbox.
Hey, there’s no class today. Just thought I’d let you know!~  -JiEun
You frowned,”But I’m already here...”
You looked at the classroom door and made a face while playfully hitting it. As you left the building, you saw a boy walking across the park while rubbing his arm.
You hid behind the nearest tree and watched him. *Isn’t he that guy in my class? ...Xiumin? Is that his name?*
He began talking to himself,“It’s cold this morning.”
*I agree.* You began to rub your arms as well.
You saw him walk to an apartment and burst in without any warning,”KRIS! WAKE UP! I GOT KICKED OUT OF MY ROOM!”
You giggled at his bluntness and came out of your hiding spot as you began walking to your best friend’s apartment.
It was a nice, cozy area with not much furniture, but just enough to make it feel like home. You stepped into your best friend’s apartment and locked the door before proceeding to her room.
The door had the name Jieun painted on it with stickers surrounding it.
“Pew, pew! I have come to rob you!”,you squealed and pointed your index finger at her as you rolled onto her bed.
She didn’t look away from her laptop screen,”You’re here early this time, Minah.”
“Pfft. That’s because you didn’t tell me that there was no school today until after I got there!”,you pouted.
“Whoa you were there early for once?”,Jieun finally shut her laptop and turned to you.
“Haha, so funny.”,you sarcastically laughed,”I’m always there early!”
Jieun gave you a look.
“Okay, okay. I’m not ALWAYS... But most of the time!”,you protested.
She gave you another look.
“Okay, every once in a month I’m early.”,you pouted.
She finally sighed,”What to do with you, Oh Minah.”
“Maybe I should move in with you! Then you can wake me up every single morning for school!”,you squealed.
“No way, I am not dealing with your hitting in the morning.”,she spun around in her chair.
“Some best friend you are.”,you joked.
“I know, thank you.”,she replied and opened her laptop once again.
After talking for a few more hours, it was already 8:00 AM.
“I’m gonna go get some coffee before I go to my second class and then ice skating. You up for it?”,you asked while you put your shoes back on.
“Nope, unlike you who goes ice skating every week, I’m going to the library like I do every week.”,Jieun gave you a look.
“I study too!”,you protested.
Her look changed into another look.
“I do! But I do it at home!”,you said.
“Whatever you say.”,she rolled her eyes,”Now go! You’ll be late!”
“Okay. Bye, mother~”,you waved and left.
--
After you got your coffee, you headed towards the campus.
You stopped by the library and chose a couple books you needed for homework. As you finished checking out and stepped out from the library, a figure collided with yours and all of your books, including your coffee, flew out of your grasps and landed on the ground.
Xiumin’s eyes widened and he bent down to pick up your books,”Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry!”
You quickly began to pick them up as well,”Oh no, it’s my fault, I should’ve looked where I was going.”
The two of you reached for the coffee that had already spilled out of the cup, but Xiumin grabbed it first. He threw it away in the trash can.
“Sorry about your coffee...”,he muttered while awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.
“It’s fine. I was almost done with it anyway.”,you fibbed, trying to make him feel less guilty.
He lightly chuckled,”Liar. It was still full.” He pointed at the large puddle of coffee on the ground.
You chortled,”You’re right.”
You held out your arm and waited for him to give you the rest of your books. He willingly set them in your arm and laughed at how you stumbled slightly.
“You know... Would you allow me to buy you another coffee?”,he tilted his head.
You looked up at him and began waving your hands frantically,”Oh, no no! It’s fine! It was tasting weird anyway and it’s already noon, you probably have class-”
“Aren’t you in the same class as me?”,he abruptly cut you off.
You began to remember seeing him sitting in the back,”OH! YEAH!”
He chortled at your answer.
After fifteen minutes of just standing there and talking, the two of you were bumped into by someone.
“MINAH! YOU’RE GONNA BE LATE!”,the classmate shouted before running off.
You blinked before checking your watch. It was 2 minutes before class would begin.
“WAH! HURRY!”,you shouted and ran off to your classroom with Xiumin trailing after.
--
You finished tying your left ice skate. You paused for a moment, feeling the same presence next to you. You looked up and sighed in relief for the seventh time that afternoon.
*It’s only Xiumin. Why do I keep forgetting that he’s here with me? Probably because I’m used to skating alone.* You pouted and started tying your right ice skate.
Xiumin coughed awkwardly,”Er, are you done yet?”
You looked up and your face flushed,”No, just one more skate. Sorry.”
“It’s cool.”,he rested his palms on the bench,”Do you go here a lot?”
“Yeah. How’d you know?”,you blinked at him.
He simply jabbed his thumb towards the counter.
You remembered what had happened.
Earlier, when you had entered with him, the workers automatically greeted you,”Minah! You’re here!”
“Hi, Minsook and Jongjin.”,you waved and went up to the counter with Xiumin next to you.
“The usual?”,Jongjin asked while Minsook automatically went to the back and pulled out your skate size.
“Yeah...”,you checked the skate size and gave Minsook and Jongjin a look,”You know, maybe I should go to a new ice skating place every week instead of here. It’s creepy how you guys remember my skate size.”
Jongjin rolled his eyes,”Isn’t it easier this way? You don’t even have to tell us your size and waste a minute of your skating time.”
Minsook’s eyes widened,”Xiumin?!”
“Hey.”,Xiumin waved and you had finally remembered that he came with you.
“Whoa, this is a first. You usually come every two weeks. Last time I remember, you came three days ago with Kris.”,Jongjin blinked and pulled out Xiumin’s sized skates.
“YOU REMEMBER EVERYONE’S SIZE! YOU CREEPER!”,you accused and grabbed your skates off the counter as you slapped down a twenty dollar bill,”For both of us.”
You sat down on the bench first as you heard Minsook shout,”YOU KNOW YOU LOVE US, MINAH!~”
You flushed even redder,”Y-You do too! Mister I-Go-Ice-Skating-Every-Three-Days!”
“That was only this week! I usually only go one every two weeks! Miss I-Go-Ice-Skating-Every-Week!”,Xiumin stuck his tounge out at you.
You made a face and finished tying your skate. You grabbed Xiumin’s arm and pulled him up,”Hurry! I didn’t waste my money on you for you to just sit there all day!”
“Stingy.”,he teased.
You shot him a look and glided off on the rink. You put both of your hands by the side of your ear and stuck your tounge out,”Faster than you! Faster than you!~”
“What?! You-”,he stepped onto the ice and raced after you.
“NO WAIT, STOP YOU PENGUIN! YOU’RE GONNA SLIP AND WE’RE BOTH GONNA-”,before you could finish your warning, he put on another burst of speed and just as he was about to run into you head on, you squeezed your eyes shut.
*Oh gosh, this is how I’m gonna die, isn’t it?* You waited to feel the cold ice sting your bottom, but you felt nothing.
You opened one eyes first and saw a figure continuously glide around you in a circle. You opened both of your eyes. You saw Xiumin going around you with his tounge out before he stopped in front of you,”Did you get scared?”
You frowned and flushed a deep red,”XIUMIN!”,you ran over and lightly pushed him as you slid backwards,”YOU’RE SO MEAN!”
He ran backwards,”THEN GET ME BACK!”
*Oh, I will, you steamed bun. I will.* You raced over with determination.