Chapter Eleven: Chanyeol and Sangmi; Awkward.

The Stories of Our 'Happy-Ever-Afters'

(A/N: Chansung and Sanghyun are just random OC's I added. Just in case you guys were confused if they were the idols or not... Okay LOL.)

“Hyung, I’m leaving.” Chanyeol’s younger brother, Chansung, waved from the front door of the small apartment.
“Now? Isn’t it a little late?” Chanyeol poked his head out of the kitchen and glanced up at the clock.
Chansung rubbed the back of his neck with a sheepish grin,”Sort of. Sanghyun had to do some stuff before he could have someone over.”
“I’ll walk you, then.” Chanyeol wiped his hands on a paper towel,”Is his family okay with me going?”
The younger shrugged,”Probably. His parents aren’t home though, only his older sister.”
Chanyeol shrugged and slipped on his shoes while the siblings left the apartment.
--
Chansung rang on the doorbell fifteen minutes later and a female voice was heard through the speaker,”Who is it?”
“Chansung. Sanghyun and I were supposed to work on a project today.” Chansung replied while Chanyeol was gaping at the mansion in front of them.
“Come in.” The maid answered, unlocking the gate from the inside.
“They live here?! In this huge place?!” Chanyeol whispered.
Chansung rolled his eyes,”We used to live in a house this big too, hyung.”
The two entered with Chansung leading and they took off their shoes, leaving them beside the ones outside. The maids surrounded them immediately, bowing politely while the two returned the favor.
Sanghyun, a little taller than Chansung and a little shorter than Chanyeol, came jogging down the stairs in sweats a hoodie at that moment, eating an apple,”You’re here?”
Chansung rolled his eyes,”Thanks for making me seem inadequate.”
Sanghyun chuckled and shook his head. He looked over Chansung’s shoulder and saw Chanyeol,”You must be Chansung’s hyung, right?”
Chanyeol came over and nodded,”Yeah, Chanyeol.”
Sanghyun nodded in reply and waved Chansung over,”Come on, the project’s over here.”
The two youngest left and Chanyeol stood there, dumbfounded.
At that moment, a petite figure came down the stairs in shorts and a gray hoodie. Her hood was over her messy bun and she went straight to the kitchen in a hurry with her pink thermos in one hand.
“Kamin unnie,” You called while looking in the fridge,”Did Sanghyun’s guests arrive already?”
The maid hurried over and nodded,”Yes, they’re in the second family room working on the project. His friend’s older brother has come, as well.”
Chanyeol blinked in surprise and stayed rooted in his place.
“Oh, really?” You blinked and closed the fridge while grabbing a box of fruit,”Where is he?”
“He’s right over there.” The maid pointed at him and you stared at him.
Chanyeol awkwardly waved from his spot,”H-Hello.”
You flashed a wide smile and waved wholeheartedly,”Hey! You’re Chanyeol, aren’t you? I think we’re in the same class...”
Chanyeol flushed red and nodded,”Uh, yeah.”
You nodded and plopped some fruit in the bowl while the maid poured hot tea into your thermos,”Are you going to be here until your brother finishes the project?”
“Yeah.” Chanyeol replied once again and nodded, mentally face palming himself for his stupid answers.
You took the fruit, a fork, and the thermos with you while you walked past him towards the living room,”Come on, then. Aren’t you tired of standing?”
--
Another awkward five minutes passed by with Chanyeol sitting at least two feet away from you on the couch with a romantic drama was playing in the background. You munched on your fruit carelessly, trying to make it less awkward than it already was.
Chanyeol wrung his hands in his lap while biting his lip. *This is too damn awkward. I’m gonna suffocate in the awkward, no joke.*
You pulled off your hood and scratched your head, watching the scene in front of you,”Do you like dramas? Or are you more of an action guy?”
“Oh, uh...” Chanyeol blinked in surprise at the sudden question before the two middle schoolers came over,”Action, probably.”
Sanghyun and Chansung plopped down in between the two of them and Sanghyun took the fork from you, eating some fruit.
“Did you finish already?” You blinked at them.
“No,” Sanghyun popped a grape in his mouth,”We got bored.”
You made a face and lightly pushed his head,”Go finish! Mom and dad won’t get you those shoes you want if you don’t get a good grade on it.”
Sanghyun made a face mimicking you,”Mom and dad won’t get you that dress you want if you don’t get a good grade on your math test.”
“I got a 100% on that test! And what dress? They already bought it for me, FYI.” You stuck your tongue out at him and pulled your hood back over your head, popping a piece of melon in your mouth.
“Touche.” Sanghyun shrugged and looked at Chansung,”You wanna go play games in my room for a bit? If I keep writing about that history section, I will literally murder that book.”
“Sure.” Chansung shrugged and the two disappeared as fast as they had come.
As soon as that happened, the two on the couch fell into an even deeper pit of awkward.
--
BOOM!
A large, frightening thunder noise rang throughout the house and startled the two of you.
“Oh my gosh,” you sighed with a hand over your racing heart,”that scared me.”
Chanyeol nodded in agreement and rubbed his eyes. It was already 11 and the two weren’t even close to finished with the project.
“HURRY UP! IT’S ALMOST MIDNIGHT YOU FOOL!” The two heard Sanghyun shout to the latter.
“IT’S YOUR FAULT FOR PLAYING THAT GAME! GOSH!” Chansung was heard rummaging through the drawers to find a supply needed.
You rubbed your eyes and bit your lip,”Will it be safe for the two of you to go home tonight? It doesn’t look like the rain’s gonna lighten up anytime soon.”
Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck,”Uh, well, I guess we’ll have to try. The bus stop is down that way, right?”
You frowned in worry,”It’s a good ten blocks down. You know, it’s not safe to be walking about during a thunderstorm.”
Chanyeol shrugged,”It’ll have to do, I guess.”
“If you don’t mind me suggesting,” you bit your lip in contemplation,”would you like to spend the night here? We have a guest room with two beds and I’m sure that Sanghyun would be fine with the two of you borrowing some of his clothes for the night.”
“Oh, no no! It’s fine. We don’t want to intrude.” Chanyeol frantically waved his arms.
*Although it would seem like a good idea.* Chanyeol mentally slapped himself for the thought.
Just then, the home phone rang and you stood up from the couch to answer it,”Sorry, I’ll be back. Keep thinking about it, though.”
You answered on the second ring,”Hi mom.”
“Whatever. Your dad made me call and tell you that we’re not gonna be home tonight. Extremely happy about that.” Your step mother scoffed.
You knew that she disliked both you and Sanghyun, but you had made her promise that you would take responsibility for everything that concerned him, hence she only scolded you.
“Um, okay. See you both tomorrow then, mother. Have a nice trip back.” You softly commented with a frown. She hung up without another word and you let out a silent sigh, putting the phone back on it’s charger.
You came back to the couch,”Did you decide yet?”
You noticed that his cheeks flushed red,”Um, well, if you really really don’t mind us intruding...”
You laughed at his shyness and nodded, grabbing his wrist,”Not at all. Come on, I’ll take you to the room, then.”
--
Minutes later, Chansung strolled into the guest room that Sanghyun had informed him about before the two went upstairs.
He stood by the door next to Chanyeol, who was watching you fix the beds with a flushed face.
“Uh, s-sorry, I guess my cousins forgot to make the bed before they went back to the States.” Your face turned an even darker shade of red and plopped the pillows on the beds.
Chanyeol came forward and was going to help but the two of you collided within a second and you stumbled back.
You quickly balanced yourself,”Whoa, sorry.”
“S-Sorry.” Chanyeol awkwardly replied and rubbed the back of his neck.
You walked back towards the door frame,”Well, the beds are done. If you need anything, my room’s just down the hall and Sanghyun’s is on the left of this one. Sleep well.”
You waved and disappeared into the door down the hall that was painted a light pink shade.
“You like her.” Chansung claimed one bed and plopped down, his arms behind his head.
Chanyeol’s eyes widened twice it’s size as he blinked at his sibling,”What?”
“Park Chanyeol likes Chae Sangmi.” Chansung repeated slowly and Chanyeol threw a pillow at the ladder.
Just then, Sanghyun walked by the room and his pace decreased immensely,”Chanyeol hyung likes Sangmi noona?”
“Yeah. They were flirting just earlier-” Chansung was shut up by the last pillow being thrown directly in his face.
“Oh. Good luck hyung. I’ll kill you if you hurt noona, though.” Sanghyun shrugged and went into his room casually.
“SANGMI NOONA! CHANYEOL HYUNG-” Chansung, being a nuisance, began shouting at the top of his lungs to get her attention.
Your slouched figure emerged from the pink door and you were rubbing yours eyes with your sleeve, walking towards the guest room,”Did you guys call me?”
“No, sorry for waking you up.” Chanyeol quickly said with a shake of his head.
“Are you sure?” You asked, looking at Chansung.
“No, hyung wanted to say that he liked you-” Chansung’s face was hit with another pillow and he plopped on the bed.
Your eyes widened immensely and looked at the elder,”Oh, um... I’m gonna go to sleep now. Sleep well.”
You said once again and closed the door behind you, scurrying back to your room.
Chanyeol groaned,”CHANSUNG!”
He heard the ladder’s giggled and pouted, burying himself in the blankets.

-------------

@electriclovelove: Thank you~ :)

@puppylovers98: LOL I'm glad you still like it after my really long break of writing LOL. :3