Chapter Eight: Baekhyun and Hana; Party.

The Stories of Our 'Happy-Ever-Afters'

It was lunch time. You were sitting in the classroom with your earphones in your ears while studying quietly.
“She’s so pretty!”,younger male students whispered as they walked by the classroom.
You blinked at the page before turning it. *I’m no where near that, though.*
You felt your phone vibrate in your shirt pocket. The caller ID was written as ‘Mom’.
You took it out of your pocket and stepped outside of the classroom while walking down the hallway. You put the phone to your ear,”Hello?”
“Hana dear!”,you could hear her grin,”How’s your studies going?”
You smiled,”Good. Why’d you call?”
“Our family has been invited to your father’s business party! Isn’t that great?!”,she beamed.
“Mhmm.”,you said and turned the corner.
You bumped into someone and immediately bowed,”I’m sorry!”
Baekhyun blinked at you before bowing his head,”No, it was my fault.”
You looked up and gave him an apologetic smile before walking away in the direction he came from.
“Did something happen?”,your mom asked.
You shook your head,”No. But continue.”
“Okay... Anyway, You can’t go to study hall today because of the party. I already told your teacher so come home direction after school, okay?”
You nodded,”Okay.”
“Bye sweetie!”,she hung up.
You put the phone back into your pocket and leaned against the wall in exhaustion. *Finally, no study hall.*
--
“Hi, sunbae!”,a female junior waved as she passed by.
“Hello.”,you smiled.
“Hana unnie!”,another waved as you walked back to the classroom.
“Hi, Min.”,you greeted.
A group of male students straightened up as you walked passed them,”Yo, Hana!”
“Hey.”,you waved.
You finally reached the classroom and the door flung open. You gasped and stepped back before the door could hit you.
“Oh, I’m sorry!”,Baekhyun bowed to you before straightening up.
“It’s okay.”,you smiled and entered the classroom.
Baekhyun abruptly turned around and blurted,”Hana-ssi!”
You blinked and turned around,”Yes?”
His words were stuck in his throat. *Has she always been that pretty?*
“Baekhyun-ssi?”,you tilted your head.
“O-Oh, I mean- Nevermind. Sorry.”,he muttered and left the classroom.
He slapped his forehead once,”Idiot. Why did I call her?!”
“Yo, Baekhyun!”,Chanyeol waved him over to the group of five who were surrounding D.O’s locker.
He went over,”Hey guys.”
“Yah,”,Kai nodded towards the classroom,”I saw what you did back there. Did you ask Hana out or what?”
Baekhyun flushed red,”Of course not!”
“Ah, that’s right!”,Sehun pushed himself off of the locker,”Did you guys hear about her score on the midterms? She got a perfect score, 100 out of 100!”
“As always.”,Suho chuckled,”It wouldn’t be surprising if she got one of the top ten again in the finals this year.”
“Along with us.”,Chanyeol grinned and high-fived D.O.
“Are you guys gonna go to that big CEO party tonight?”,Kai asked.
“Do we have a choice? Our parents always make us go.”,Sehun stuck his tounge out,”And there’s never any cute girls there! They’re always stuck up and plain annoying!”
“Hey, but I heard Hana’s dad got the job at my father’s car company. Maybe she’ll be there this year.”,Chanyeol nudged Baekhyun knowingly.
“Shut up.”,he mumbled.
“Ah, how nice would it be if there were girls like Hana everywhere.”,Kai sighed.
--
Class ended two hours later and it was time to go home.
Some students dispersed down the hallway to the library for study hall or others exited the school in relief that they had made it through the day.
Just as you had stepped out of the school, a group of boys pushed one in front of you.
“H-Hana noona.”,he shyly smiled,”Hello.”
You smiled in return,”Hi, Moonbin.”
“Um, noona.”,he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and held out a tiny envelope,”I-I um... I really l-like you. Will you be m-my girlfriend?”
Your eyes widened and you blinked at the sophomore in surprise,”Me?”
He nodded and extended the letter.
*Oh my gosh. I just got confessed to. W-What am I supposed to do? I don’t want to hurt him...* You gently took the letter,”Um, wow, this was unexpected. Will it be okay if I think about it?”
He eagerly nodded,”Take all the time you need, noona!”
You softly smiled,”Thanks for the confession, Moonbin.”,you waved and left.
The EXO members were still gaping at what had just happened in front of their eyes.
“HOLY DUDE! DID YOU SEE THAT?!”,Kai shouted in disbelief.
“Do you think she’ll accept him?”,D.O asked with his eyes widened.
Chanyeol slowly shook his head,”I don’t think so. Guys have been confessing to her left and right since she was in 8th grade, and she has yet to even have her first boyfriend yet. What makes you think she’ll end up with a sophomore as her first boyfriend?”
Sehun shrugged,”Chanyeol hyung makes sense for once.”
*But if she rejected him, one of the most popular sophomores, what are the chances that she’ll accept me?* Baekhyun dejectedly thought while staring at the happy sophomore.
--
You had just arrived home and you slipped off your shoes,”I’m home!”
“HANA DARLING!”,you heard your mom scream from the second floor,”COME INTO YOUR ROOM!”
You flinched and whispered to yourself,”Did I do something wrong?”
You warily entered your room,”Mom?”
“HANA! You’re here!”,she exhaled in relief,”Come here!”
You walked over,”What’s wrong?”,You gasped at the five different outfits.
“I went to all of the dress stores at the mall today and only found five outfits. I didn’t know which one would suit you better, so come try them on!”,she grabbed you wrist and led you over to them.
“Mom, you didn’t have to buy all of these! I have a dress here!”,you pulled out a simple white summer dress.
“Aigoo, dear, you need a fancy outfit! Now try all of these on, okay?”,she pushed you into your bathroom with five different dresses, five different shoes, five different purses, and a box full of jewelry.
You sighed and put on the first dress. *Dad is gonna be pissed when he sees how much these were...*
You stepped out in your first outfit.
Your mom grinned widely while clasping her hands together,”I CHOSE WELL! I think coral is a good color on you, dear! Try on the other ones!”

You went back inside and changed. *I feel like a dress up doll.* You pouted at the thought.

You entered your bedroom once again in another outfit,”Mom, the heels..”

“They’re too high, huh? At this point, you’ll be taller than all of your father’s friend’s sons! Go change into the other one!”,she waved you away.
“Sons?! Is that why you’re making me dress up?!”,you gaped at her.
“No time for talk! Change, sweetie!”,she gently pushed you back into the bathroom.
You blew on your bangs and changed into the third outfit.

You stepped out and stumbled,”Mom! Why are they all heels?!”

“Don’t worry, one outfit has flats.”,she nodded and twirled her finger,”Spin around.”
You twirled and stopped. She grinned and held up one thumb,”Two more outfits to go!”
You groaned and slammed the bathroom door. *I hate trying on stuff!*
You opened the door as you were changed into your fourth outfit.

“Beautiful! But I think you should go with the first one. Coral suits you more.”,she nodded.
You groaned,”I tried them all on for nothing?!”
“No, now that you tried them on, you can’t return them so think of them as you graduation present!”
“MOM! Dad’s gonna be pissed if he knew you spent all this money!”,you gawked at her.
“It’s fine. I couldn’t buy you anything for the past few years that you entered high school. I’m sorry. So take these as a make up gift, okay? And, the fifth outfit, wear it when you go on a date with your future boyfriend.”,she winked and left the room.
You went back into the bathroom and lifted the fifth outfit.
You softened and changed back into the first outfit as you fixed your hair.

--
Baekhyun fixed his tie in the mirror of D.O’s bathroom. All six of them had decided to meet there so that they could get ready and leave together.
“GUYS HURRY UP!”,D.O groaned and kicked the door to the bathroom.
“Just for that, I’m gonna put more wax in my hair.”,Chanyeol stuck his tounge out at the door and grabbed the container of wax.
“You-”,D.O wiggled the door knob but Kai quickly locked it.
“HYUNG! I’M PUTTING ON MY PANTS!”,Kai quickly zipped up his pants and buttoned it before tucking in his white dress shirt.
D.O rolled his eyes and went over to his bedroom, where the other two were,”HURRY UP!”
Baekhyun turned around with his eyes on the mirror,”Do I look fat in this?”
Kai rolled his eyes,”Baekhyun, you even wore that to prom, and yet you’re only now asking if you look fat in it?”
“Is that a yes?”,Baekhyun blinked and unlocked the door. He left the bathroom and sat down on the couch in the living room.
An hour later, the six of them stumbled out of the two pristine white cars. Suho stepped out of his car first and rolled his eyes at D.O who was in the driver’s seat of the second car,”Yah! You almost hit me earlier!”
D.O accusingly pointed at Kai while stepping out,”HE THREW HIS PHONE AT ME!”
Kai fell into a fit of laughter,”He started freaking out and almost hit the curb, too.”
Just then, your parents had parked next to the two cars. They stepped out first and Chanyeol immediately bowed.
“Who...?”,your mom blinked as your dad bowed as well.
“The president’s son.”,he said and held out his arm for your mother to take.
You stepped out after and stumbled,”Whoa!”
You quickly gained balance with both of your arms spread out.
“Are you okay, dear?!”,your mother asked, panicked.
You nodded with a sheepish smile,”Yeah. But these heels are really hard to walk in.”
The two of them went inside first as you grabbed your purse and locked the car. The lights blinked as it beeped.
The six EXO members blinked at you in surprise while you turned your head and met eyes with them.
You immediately bowed in surprise,”H-Hi.”
“Holy -”,Kai slapped a hand over his mouth.
“What’re you guys doing here?”,you asked, walking over to them. You looked stunning in your coral outfit and your hair curled. It was the first time they had ever seen you in a dress and your hair done that way.
They all stared at you in awe. Suho recovered first and answered,”Our parents work here and Chanyeol’s parents own the company.”
You nodded in understanding,”Ah...”
Suho nudged the closest person next to him, which happened to be Sehun, and he blurted,”YOU LOOK AMAZING.”
You flushed red at the sudden outburst and shyly smiled,”T-Thanks... I think?”
Chanyeol nudged Baekhyun who was still staring at you in awe.
He turned to him and gave him a look,”What?”
Chanyeol nodded his head at you and jabbed his thumb to you secretly.
Baekhyun tilted his head in confusion. *What?*
*Well, talk about awkward.* You bit your lip.
Chanyeol rolled his eyes and abruptly pushed him in front of you wish much power.
“Whoa!”,he stumbled in front of you and you stepped back in surprise.
Baekhyun turned around and gave Chanyeol a look with a red face. *Dude!*
*Ah, I see what he’s doing.* Kai grinned and turned to the two of you.
“I- uh, I like your dress.”,Baekhyun mumbled while looking at the ground.
“Thank you, Baekhyun.”,you smiled.
“Hey, since this is a party after all,”,Suho slyly grinned and came over while grabbing Baekhyun’s arm and yours,”Why don’t you be a gentleman, Baekhyun, and lead her inside? Since this is her first time here.”
He looped your arms together and gently pushed the two of you forward while the other five were right behind.
You noticed how Baekhyun shifted slightly uncomfortably and softened. *He really doesn’t have to do this if he doesn’t want to.*
You lightly tugged on his arm and he turned to you. You smiled,”Should we go?”
He slowly grinned and nodded as he led the way.
The five behind burst into a fit of laughter,”I wonder how the party will go this year.”

---------------------

Sorry it's a late chapter! :c I got a brain fart while writing it OTL.

@puppylovers98: OTL is like a person kneeling LOL and OTP means One True Pairing, so it's like how we ship Baekyeol or Hunhan. I'm not too sure about the like definite definition though, because I'm not much of a shipper but LOL. if you search it on google or wikipedia or something there should be a definition TROLOL.