Chapter One: Kris and SooAe; Our Beginning.

The Stories of Our 'Happy-Ever-Afters'

Chirp~ Chirp~
Kris woke up to the sounds of birds singing in the morning sunlight.
He rubbed his eyes before sitting up on his elbows and looking over at the clock on his night stand. *It’s a Saturday morning. 7:00 AM on a freaking Saturday morning.*
He sighed, tired and frustrated, and buried himself under the blanket once more as he dozed off into another slumber.
--
“No, you make it like this, SooAe-ah.”,Hyunseok, your co-worker at the cafe you had just gotten a job at, gently corrected you.
“Oh, sorry.”,you bit your lip. You were confused with the many coffees on the menu, and they were all made differently. *Foolish SooAe. Why can’t you remember that you need to put the coffee beans in first?!*
You turned a light shade of red from embarrassment. It was before opening hours and Hyunseok had kindly agreed to help you learn the basics.
“You see that button there?”,Hyunseok asked while pointing at one of the many buttons on the coffee machine.
You nodded,”Mhmm. Why?”
“You put the coffee beans in first, then you take this,” he grabbed the can of cream,”and put this in there. Then...?”,he looked at you for an answer.
“Then... You press the button?”,you guessed.
“Right! After you press the button?”,he questioned.
“We wait!”,you answered proudly.
“That’s right. Okay, now try again.”,he stepped back.
You took a deep breath before beginning with the steps he had taught you.
Just then, the door twinkled and both of you looked up. Your manager was standing by the door as he switched the sign to ‘open’.
“You guys are here early.”,he laughed.
“I was teaching SooAe the basics, Hyunwoo.”,Hyunseok said and pushed himself from the counter.
Hyunwoo, your manager, was the same age as the both of you, and he prefered to be called his name instead of being called manager.
“Really? Did she mess up again?”,Hyunwoo teased.
You made a face,”I’m not that bad..”
“Sure you aren’t, kid.”,he ruffled your hair and chuckled.
The first customer of the day entered and you ran up to the register before the other two could,”WELCOME!”
--
“ACK!”,Kris lost balance as he was putting on his shoe and fell sideways onto his couch in the living room.
He sighed in frustration and finished putting on his shoes before jumping back onto his feet and running to a mirror to fix his hair. After he styled his hair to his satisfaction, he ran out of the door with his backpack on with one strap and his books in his free arm.
He arrived at his classroom ten minutes later. He stood outside the door, debating what to do.
*To go in or not to go in...* He sighed quietly and glanced through the window of the classroom to see everyone in their seats.
Just as he was about to open the door, a small figure appeared next to him,”Excuse me?”
He turned to the voice and blinked at the cute girl in front of him. She was wearing a floral dress that was the perfect length and she had her hair tied into a braid.
“Um... Are they in class?”,she asked and pointed at the classroom door.
“Yeah.”,he nodded.
You blew air into your cheeks,”Darn it! It’s all thanks to the customer that complained the coffee was bad!”
He gave you an amused look. *I wonder why she’s telling me this. But, I really don’t mind to be honest.*
“I’m assuming you work at a cafe?”,he asked.
You looked up at him and broke into a smile,”Yeah. I just started, but I don’t think making coffee is really my thing.”
Kris gave a light chuckle and smiled in return.
“...I’m SooAe.”,you smiled and held out your hand.
“Kris.”,he slipped his hand into yours.
The two of you shook hands and you looked behind him into the classroom,”Are you in this class, too?”
“Yeah, I just switched majors.”,he shrugged.
“Ah, I see.”,you nodded in understanding.
There was a slight pause before he asked,”Should we go inside?”
“Sure, why not? There’s no point in being embarrassed alone anymore.”,you shrugged teasingly and opened the door.
“Han SooAe and Wu Fan, why are you two late?”,Mr.Lee asked without looking away from his computer screen.
“H-How did-”,you gaped at him in surprise.
He finally looked up from his screen,”It’s called attendance, child.”
“Oh...”,you nodded in understanding.
Mr.Lee sighed,”I’ll let you guys go this one time. Go sit down.”
The both of you bowed and sat together in the back.
As the two of you took out your notebooks and pens, you exchanged secret smiles.