The Fight

Please Tell Me That You Love Me

   Natsuki was so furious she didn't go to school the next day. She was worried Jaejoong might kidnap her again. He was such an , totally the opposite of Park Yoochun.

   "What a jerk! Who'd ever smile for him!" Natsuki growled to herself at home.

   When she finally permitted herself to leave her home, she immediately ran into Park Yoochun, to her intense surprise. His face broke into a heavenly smile. "Hey, Natsuki."

   "Hey, Mickey." Natsuki breathed, blushing.

   "I knew you lived around here because Jaejoong told me so. Your apartment has a great view, I'd love to visit sometime."

   Natsuki blushed even harder.

   "Oh, yeah, the reason why I was here was because I want to invite you to my house. All my friends are there. Well--just Jaejoong, Yunho, Changmin, and Junsu, but you get the picture. They're all really excited to meet you."

   "B-but....I don't really want to meet them.....especially Jaejoong." Natsuki muttered darkly.

   Yoochun smiled at her. "I know you've had some troubles with Jaejoong, and that you don't like gangsters. But if they don't see you now, they'll find other ways to meet you, and.....er.....not all of those ways are appropriate or safe. I'd really appreciate it if you came today, where I can keep an eye on them."

   Natsuki nodded quickly. He was actually worried about her!

   He led her to his limo, and they drove off to his mansion, which was huge, although not as big as Jaejoong's.

   When they entered, she was immediately swarmed with hugs by three incredibly good-looking guys.

   "Hey, so this is Nat-chi!"

   "She really is Japanese!"

   "Nice to meet you, Nat-chi!"

   Natsuki was stunned. They didn't seem like gangsters. They were polite to her, and immediately gave her a nickname, Nat-chi. They introduced themselves.

   "I'm Shim Changmin," one said, smiling as he leaned on a chair.

   "I'm Jung Yunho," another said, winking at her easily.

   "And I'm Kim Junsu." The last said, laughing. "And, well--you know Hero." He jutted his chin towards a chair occupied by Kim Jaejoong, who looked pointedly the other way and said nothing.

   "Hey, Nat-chi, try this dress!" They held up a frilly pink dress with a thick black belt and pink flats. It looked expensive and cute.

   "I couldn't...." Natsuki stammered. "Come on, just try it on!" They begged. They all made pouting faces until Natsuki laughed and agreed.

   She tried it on in another room, and came in looking cute and young. They all hooted and clapped, even Yoochun, and she blushed. Even Jaejoong stopped ignoring her and stared, wide-eyed.

   "You absolutely must keep that dress, Nat-chi!" Changmin laughed.

   Yoochun walked up to her. "You look so cute, Natsuki. Pose like a model."

   Natsuki blushed but did a funny pose she saw in a magazine the other day. They all laughed. Yoochun played along as the photographer pretending to snap pictures and instructing her to pose this way and that.

   "Now, give me a nice big smile." Natsuki hesitated, blushing. "Come on. Give me a smile! Smile for me!"

   Natsuki stared at his handsome, gentle face, and he nodded encouragingly.

   She gave him the biggest smile she could muster, giggling.

   There was a sudden flash of movement, and Jaejoong had risen out of his chair with a crash, the chair falling backwards to the floor, ran across the room, and punched Yoochun in the face.

   There was a sudden commotion.

   "Hero! What the , man?" Junsu shouted.

   Jaejoong didn't stop there. He grabbed Yoochun by the collar and continued punching him, until blood flowed down Yoochun's nose and mouth, and his right eye was a puffy slit. Yunho, Changmin, and Junsu all tried to pry him off of Yoochun, but Jaejoong kicked at them and shoved them away. 

   "Stop it!" Natsuki screamed. "Stop it, Jaejoong! Why are you hurting Mickey?"

   "You smiled for him." Jaejoong whispered.

   "What?"

   "YOU SMILED FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Jaejoong roared, letting go of the unconscious Yoochun, who fell into the arms of the others, and advanced on Natsuki, who backed away quickly.

   "You smiled for him, yet when I asked you---you didn't----you refused----you , you smiled for him!" He was so angry he couldn't even speak.

   "So what?" Who cares who I choose to smile for?" Natsuki demanded.

   "You ing !" Jaejoong yelled, raising his hand to hit her. She cringed.

   "Jaejoong, stop it."

   A gentle, trembling hand grabbed his wrist. Yoochun had woken up and was grasping Jaejoong's hand so it couldn't move.

   "Sorry about this, Natsuki." He whispered. "I promised to keep an eye on them. I'll make it up to you someday. You can leave, if you want."

   Natsuki grabbed her clothes and her bag and, saying a quick goodbye to the others, rushed out.

   Jaejoong's harsh breathing slowed down, and he lowered his hand. Then he collapsed on the ground.

   "Hero, what the are you doing?" Changmin asked.

   "Sorry, Yoochun." Jaejoong whispered.

   Yoochun looked surprised. "I just don't understand why you hit me so suddenly."

   "It's because she smiled at you."

   "What is so significant about that?"

   "I....gave her a dress to wear. I told her to smile for me. She refused, and yelled in my face. Then she left. Why would she smile for you and not me?"

   Yunho sighed. "You idiot. Did you really just 'give her a dress to wear'?"

   Jaejoong didn't answer. Yoochun groaned. "Jaejoong, don't tell me you kidnapped her, knocked her out, forced the dress on her, then said something stupid to her."

   "I didn't say anything stupid!" Jaejoong protested, but his four only friends knew him too well. "No offense, but you're a head." Junsu said heavily. "When you talk to a girl, you have to treat her with respect and politeness. For example:"

   He bowed low to Yunho, faking a deep man's voice. "My dear Makino Natsuki, please come in. I'm sorry to have called you on such a short notice, but I've been so eager to see you."

   Yunho giggled and faked a high, girly voice. "Oh, Kim Jaejoong, it's no trouble at all! Why did you call me for?"

   "I found a beautiful dress for you to wear. I chose it specifically for you, I knew it would look good on you." Changmin handed Junsu a scarf, which Junsu presented to Yunho.

   "Oh, Jaejoong, it's beautiful! May I try it on?"

   "Right now, if you please. I know it would look cute on you."

   Yunho wrapped the scarf around his neck. "It's so beautiful! I love it! Thank you, Jaejoong!"

   "Give me a beautiful smile to go with that dress." Yunho smiled cheesily and Junsu pretended to snap a photo. "You looked gorgeous, like I thought you did."

   "Oh, Jaejoong...."

   "Oh, Natsuki......"

   They leaned forward, as if they were going to kiss.

   Jaejoong groaned and rolled his eyes. "Oh my god, why the hell would I say that?"

   Yoochun and Changmin were laughing their heads off.

   "Jaejoong, lighten up. Go apologize to her now, before she really gets pissed off." Yoochun said helpfully. Jaejoong grabbed his coat and ran to the door.

   "Hey, Mickey......sorry about that. I mean....you know...." Jaejoong looked embarassed. Yoochun waved it off. "Hurry up, Jaejoong, before she goes home! Look, it's getting dark out already."

   And so it was. It was practically evening.

   Jaejoong ran outside, not even bothering to get a car.

   "Natsuki," he breathed.