The Date

Please Tell Me That You Love Me

   Natsuki fussed with herself in front of the mirror of the central library's bathroom before leaving. She wanted to make sure she looked nice.

   She blushed at the thought of gentle Park Yoochun. He was so.....different from other guys she knew, especially Kim Jaejoong.

   She wished desperately she wore something nicer, but she didn't have time to go home and change. The dress-suit uniform will have to do, although she did put in contacts.

   She walked outside and waited.

 

   "There she is," Yoochun said to Jaejoong, smiling and waving.

   Jaejoong was stunned. She looked....pretty. Her hair was so sleek and shiny, and her eyes were so bright. Her smile was radiant.......

   And the smile wasn't for him.

   She ran forward, almost tripping. Y-Yoochun! It's very nice to see you again," she stuttered.

   Yoochun laughed softly. "Is there anything you wish to eat in particular?"

   Natsuki shook her head. "No, anything you want?"

   "Well, there's a nice resteraunt just down the street....."

   "Of course, let's go there!" She was bobbing her head up and down like a jack-in-the-box.

   They walked closely together, chatting about books, not even paying attention to Jaejoong, who followed behind sullenly.

   "Um, Yoochun...." Natsuki hesitated. "Are you also a gangster in the GunBlaze gang?"

   She looked devastated at the thought.

   Yoochun shook his head. "Oh, no! I'd never! I hate all violence."

   Natsuki looked jubulant at the thought. "I do too!"

   Jaejoong glared at both of them. Yoochun turned around and smiled. "Even though I hate guns and violence and bloodshed, it's kind of weird I've been best friends with Jaejoong for almost sixteen years."

   Natsuki looked surprised. "And he hasn't shot you?"

   "Gangsters don't shoot people left and right." Jaejoong growled. "We shoot people that matter, like drug dealers or enemy gangs."

   Natsuki shook her head, ignoring him. He looked furious. "So, Yoochun....."

   Jaejoong listened to them talk the entire time at the resteraunt, getting angrier by the minute. She was even starting to call him Mickey, as though she'd known him for years! She smiled and blushed and giggled at everything he said.

   Jaejoong was gripping the table so hard it was cracking. Finally, he slammed his hands on the table, got up, and walked out of the resteraunt.

   "What was all that about?" Natsuki said, shocked.

   Yoochun looked embarassed. "I'm sorry. Natsuki, he's been acting like that for a while now. I don't know why, but he seems angrier than usual."

   Natsuki scowled. "He's just a gangster. I hate gangsters. He's mean and horrible."

   Yoochun looked rather sad at that. "He's not that bad, Natsuki. Sure, he's irritable and foul-mouthed most of the time, but he's really nice once you get to know him."

   Natsuki looked doubtful. "Really?"

   "There were plenty of times people bullied me for different reasons during my childhood, and Jaejoong stood up to them all. He once got beaten up by five boys twice his age protecting me. If you become someone precious to him, he'll stop at nothing to protect you. That's the kind of person he is."

   Natsuki was surprised at this information. If you become someone precious to him, he'll stop at nothing to protect you.

   "Still," Yoochun sighed. "he can really lessen up on the swear words. I feel uncomfortable being around him when he's in one of his moods."

   Natsuki nodded, angry again. "When we first met, he was so rude to me! Then he grabbed me and twisted my hair! So I slapped him."

   Yoochun hesitated, then burst out laughing. He laughed so hard tears ran down his cheeks. "You must have really made an impression on him, Natsuki. Good or bad, I don't know, but you left one huge mark, and it's not the red one on his cheek. If you hadn't, he would have shot you right then and there."

   "But he didn't have a gun with him." Natsuki pointed out.

   Yoochun stared straight at her, eyes twinkling. "He always says that to catch people by surprise. He carries a gun with him wherever he goes for protection, you should know that."

 

   Natsuki refused to let Yoochun drive her home. The thought of him seeing the tiny apartment she was living in was too embarassing to bear.

   She fell onto her bed covers. Jaejoong had a gun, yet he didn't shoot her? What did that mean?

   "He was just surprised that I slapped him, and he didn't get a chance, that's all." Natsuki mumbled into her pillow. "That gangster bastard," she added visciously.

  

   Jaejoong reached his mansion home and went immediately into his bedroom, slamming the door.

   He fell face-first on his bed. His head and heart was hurting for some reason.

   "What the is wrong with me?" He moaned. Every time he flashed back to seeing Natsuki and Yoochun laughing together, smiling at each other, he felt the urge to shoot something.

   He noticed a pile of the latest issues of magazines, and dug through them until he found one he almost never touched. He had good reason to, because it was a rather annoying love magazine.

   He stared at the title of one of their articles:

Quiz: Are you in love?

   He flipped to the page and, hesitant, began to answer the questions.