The Meeting (Not As Romantic As You Think)

Please Tell Me That You Love Me

   The Sunset Rouge bar was filled with people. Shining blue, red, and purple disco lights hung over the crowd. People swung around on the second-floor balcony and grinded themselves on the dance floor. People were getting drunk left and right, making out with people or passing out on couches.

   Natsuki was getting scared. This was crazy! "Isn't this party awesome?" Hea screamed into her ear, which was the only way they could communicate. "I can't belive Tiffany invited us! This is the best bash ever!" Sunghee was dancing with some guy, and Natsuki made sure she hid behind the tables so she wouldn't be asked to dance or get hit on. She may not be pretty, but she knew when a guy was drunk, all girls looked like the same .

   Natsuki's head was getting dizzy. She stupidly accepted a cocktail from the bartender when she moved too close, and she felt lightheaded and had a headache. "I'm going out to get some fresh air," she yelled to Hea, who was busy acting y for a group of young drunks, who hooted at her.

   "What?" She yelled back.

   "I'M GOING OUT TO GET SOME AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed.

   "Okay, go find the bear!" Hea yelled back, giggling at the jeering boys. Natsuki sighed and left her. She felt out of place. Everyone, even Hea and Sunghee, was wearing miniskirts that barely covered their asses, tight shirts that barely covered their s, and high-heeled shoes that were so long and pointy they could be used as knives if necessary.

   Natsuki was wearing skinny jeans and a black tank top, and black flats. She didn't want to look like the other ty hookers, and she wasn't here to pick up a guy. She shivered. She was a , and wasn't about to change that any time soon.

   She dizzily stumbled her way around the tables, trying to find the door. She couldn't find it through the throbbing lights, crowds of screaming and laughing people, and the pounding beat of the music. Everything made her head spin even more.

   She found the back door and pushed it open. It led to a small alleyway with several garbage bags. She walked over to the other side, where another back door led to the building next to the bar, and sat on their steps gingerly. She lowered her head into her hands, hoping the cold breeze of the November air could freshen up her head.

  

   "This is total ," Jaejoong snarled. He was sitting at a table, drinking with Junsu, Yunho, and Changmin. Yoochun refused flat out to go to the bar. He said he had things to study. "in' bookworm." Jaejoong growled, downing another glass.

   Girls nearby were giggling and batting their eyelashes at them. Junsu, Yunho, and Changmin happily flirted back, but Jaejoong completely ignored them, much to the girls' disappointment.

   Abruptly, Jaejoong stood up, knocking his glass to the floor and breaking it. "What the , man?" Yunho complained. "I think some of that went on my shoes."

   "This music is giving me a headache, I'm staying outside." Jaejoong muttered, kicking his chair aside and walking away. Girls tried to call out to him, but he ignored them, roughly pushing one away when she tried to walk up to him. She crashed into a table with a yelp of pain, but he didn't even look at her.

   The back door seemed like a haven. Jaejoong shoved it open and-----------

 

   Natsuki looked up in surprise when the door suddenly slammed open. She was staring into the cold eyes of a tall, gorgeous boy who didn't look that much older than her, maybe by one or two years. She blushed at the intensity of his cruel gaze. Or maybe it was just the drink getting to her head.  

 

   Jaejoong stared at the girl sitting on the steps opposite the back door. She was sitting with her head bent down, as though she was crying, but she just looked slightly drunk when she looked up.

   He glared at her. She wasn't very pretty, not ugly either, but only slightly-above. Not that he cared. Pretty or not, a was still a . "What the hell are you doing here?" He demanded harshly.

   Natsuki felt surprised at his harshness and angry. Who the hell did he think he was, talking to a complete stranger like that? "Watch your manners, !" She said angrily. "I drank a cocktail, okay?"

   Jaejoong was stunned. Nobody has ever talked to him like that, not even Yoochun. Only his sister did....."Shut up, ." He said. "I don't like bars, so get back in there. I don't wanna share this space with a ."

   "Well, I don't like bars either, and I want to share this space just as much as you do, and I'm not going back. Take it or leave it, ." God, this hottie got on her nerves. Well, Natsuki told herself sternly. You shouuld always be wary of the good-looking ones more than the suspicious-looking ones. "If you wanna stay here, then get used to seeing this face."

   Jaejoong was one again stunned. Only Eun Ha-nuna ever talked back to him like that. He had always admired that about his older sister, and seeing another girl talk to him just like that made his irritation disappear. He hesitatingly--almost shyly--sat down on the steps opposite her. They stared at each other for a while.

   "Who are you?" She asked him after a while. He stiffened. Of course she was rude to him. This probably didn't recognize him. Well, all it took was the name and she would practically be his shoes, like all es do. "I'm Kim Jaejoong, otherwise known as Hero." He said stoutly. "Realize who I am now?"

   "What are you, some kind of big shot?" She retorted. "For you information, I've only been in South Korea for two weeks. Even if you're some kind of rich kid, I don't give a , okay? I have enough troubles as it is, so leave me alone."

   Jaejoong was once again stunned. This girl.......

   "Who are you, then?" He said bluntly, emphasizing the "you".

   Natsuki got his drift right away and stiffened her shoulders. "I'm nobody."

   Jaejoong got irritated. ". When I ask who you are, you tell me who you are."

   Natsuki had enough. She got up quickly, her face flushing furiously. "I don't have to tell anybody anything if I don't want to!"

   Jaejoong got up too, his handsome face red with anger. With one sudden, swift movement, he grabbed Natsuki's hair with one hand and twisted. She yelled with pain, and he pulled her until she was close to his face. He stared at her through his cold, cruel eyes.

   "You listen here, ." He said quietly, dangeriously. "Since you don't know much about Seoul yet, I'll tell you how things go. I'm it here. I'm a rich who can get anything I want. I'm the leader of the GunBlaze gang, the most ruthless and powerful gang in South Korea, and I'm not even out of college yet. The Kim family has been powerful sons of es for decades, alright? I can just snap my fingers, and you can get thrown in jail."

   He twisted hard, again, and Natsuki whimpered. She was scared. Something about those merciless eyes shook her. "I'm a gang leader," he repeated. "And the law can't do anything about it. You wanna get shot? Keep talking to me like that. Now tell me your name."

   "M-Makino Natsuki," Natsuki chattered.

   Jaejoong abruptly let go of her hair, and she quickly twisted away from him. She stared at him furiously, eyes filled with hate. "Do you have a gun with you right now?" She whispered.

   What a weird question. "No."

   "Okay, then," Natsuki said, then slapped him hard across the face.