Smile For Me

Please Tell Me That You Love Me

   Natsuki woke up suddenly. She was propped up in a chair. A chair made of gold and red velvet.

   There was a mirror in front of her lined with gold and silver. She stood up and gasped at her own reflection.

   Her hair was sleek and shiny, and her skin glowed. The makeup she wore was flawless and pretty, and she stared at her fingernails. They were perfectly manicured and painted. She was wearing a gorgeous black dress that made her look like a model. Was that really her legs, so long and skinny? Or did the dress just make it look like that? And those black high-heeled shoes with bows on them, so adorable and comfortable....she looked beautiful. She looked like a million bucks.

   "Do you like it?"

   Natsuki spun around to find a chair in the corner of the room--the large, fancy, expensive-looking room--was occupied by a very handsome boy. Kim Jaejoong.

   He stood up, and Natsuki backed away. "Where am I?" She demanded shakily.

   He smirked. "In my house. I asked you a question. Do you like it? The dress, your style, your shoes?"

   "I like it. I really, really like it." Natsuki mumbled.

   "It costed exactly three million won."

   What? That much money? "Why did you do that?" Natsuki blurted out, shocked. Three million won!

   Jaejoong smirked at her. "See? I told you I'm rich. This kind of thing is daily." He hesitated. "If you were my lover, I'd give this to you whenever you wanted. And more."

   He walked closer to her. "I can do anything for anybody. If I want to. I can buy anything I want. Even love." He grinned at her, although the smile didn't reach his eyes. "Aren't you happy I did this for you? It's a favour, you know. Come on, give me a smile. You love it, don't you? Come on, smile for me."

   He was shocked to find Natsuki was looking angry. So angry her eyes were filling up with tears. She clenched her fists. "I will not smile for you!" She yelled. "You think this makes me happy? I like it, but this kind of thing is so superficial! Love that is brought to you by money isn't love at all! I'd never smile for someone like you!"

   Before he could say anything more, Natsuki quickly ran out of the room. She was relieved to find her clothes lying on a couch, neatly folded. She grabbed them and ran into another room to change quickly, then ran out the large front door.

   Jaejoong sat down in the chair Natsuki had woken up in, and stared at himself in the mirror. He was shocked to feel his heart hurting, and his face in anguish. A single tear, like a crystal, rolled down his icy cheek.

   He hasn't cried for more than ten years.

   "Why won't you smile for me, Makino Natsuki?" He mumbled sadly to himself. "Why does everything you say make me feel like my heart is being torn apart? Why wont you smile for me?"