The Librarian

Please Tell Me That You Love Me

   "Natsuki, can you go catalog these books?"

   "Sure thing, Miss Nam," Natsuki said cheerfully, grabbing a huge stack of books and tottering to the front desk, ready to stamp and stack them. She loved cataloging the books and helping people out. You could see so many different people coming and going from the central library within Seoul.

   Natsuki wore a simple black dress uniform, and wore glasses because she felt she looked professional and she was sick of wearing her contacts for so long during the day. Her glasses weren't super-nerdy, but a simple thin pale frame and clear lenses.

   She sat down happily and started to sort the books immediately. She was so engrossed in her work she didn't notice two handsome boys walking in and heading straight towards her.....

 

   Jaejoong took one look at the nerdy but kind of cute librarian sitting down and cheerfully sorting books at the front desk and knew immediately whho it was.

   "," He swore under his breath.

   "Jaejoong?" Yoochun asked nervously.

   "I know that ," he growled, jutting his chin in the librarian's direction. "I don't wanna see her again. Come on, let's get out of here."

   Yoochun sighed impatiently. "You're such a baby sometimes, Jaejoong. Don't be ridiculous, let's go." He firmly grabbed Jaejoong's arm and half-dragged him to the desk.

   Natsuki noticed their presence and looked up smiling. "Hello, how may I help you----" she frowned. "Wait a minute. You are----"

   Jaejoong stared sullenly in another direction, firmly not meeting her eyes. Yoochun smiled gently at her. "Excuse me, I'm trying to find this book. I'm wondering if you could help me."

   Natsuki took the piece of paper he offered to her and her eyes lit up. "I love this book! It's a great read!"

   Yoochun smiled. "Really? My literature professor recommended it to me. I love to read, so...."

   Natsuki nodded her head quickly. "No, no, you'll love it! I love to read too......"

   They smiled shyly at each other. For some reason, it made Jaejoong even angrier than he already was.

   "Hey, let's just get that stupid book and go!" He snarled at Yoochun. Yoochun smiled at him exasperatingly and turned back to Natsuki. "Would you care to join us for dinner? There's a very good resteraunt nearby." Natsuki blushed. "I work until seven, sorry...."

   "That's alright, it's already six now, we can wait." He said cheerfully. "What's your name?"

   Natsuki smiled shyly, blushing, and she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Natsuki. Makino Natsuki."

   "That's a very pretty name. Are you Japanese?"

   "Well....."

   Jaejoong suddenly slammed his hand on the desk. "Who said you could ask her her name?" He yelled fiercely. For some reason, he was extremely irritated that she would tell Yoochun her name so readily, yet when HE asked her, she snapped at him!

   Yoochun looked surprised. "Calm down, Jaejoong." He turned back to Natsuki and smiled. "My name is Park Yoochun, it's a pleasure to meet you."

   They continued smiling at each other, their eyes never leaving each other. Jaejoong looked murderous. "Hey!" He snapped. "Don't you have a job to do?"

   Natsuki was brought back to reality. She stared at the stack of books. "Oh, right!" She hesitated. "Um, so.....would I be seeing you for dinner, then?"

   Jaejoong blushed for some reason. "Well, if you want to so badly......" he mumbled, embarassed. Yoochun suddenly said, "Of course. I'll pick you up at eight, and we'll go eat something. Your choice."

   "O-okay, bye...." Natsuki said shyly.

   Jaejoong was red, this time with fury. She wasn't asking if he was going to dinner, she was asking Yoochun!

  

   Natsuki watched them walk away, blushing furiously. That boy, Park Yoochun, was so handsome and kind. He liked to read, and he was just so cute and polite.....

   Damn! Wasn't the GunBlaze gang leaders Jaejoong, Yoochun, and their other friends? How was it possible? This book-loving, gentle, polite boy was a gangster?

   No, impossible. Park Yoochun didn't look like that type of guy.

   She'll ask him when he picks her up for dinner. Even if Jaejoong would be there, too, she could just ignore that . She hated him, but she didn't hate Yoochun.....

   For the first time in seven years, she had a date!