Chapter 38

Only That Person

Jonghyun headed towards the tables.

"Look who I found!!" IU pointed to Seungyeon, who was seated across from her.
"And I found, more like bumped into him." Jonghyun moved to the side so the girls could see Onew dangerously close to hitting the chair because his attention was on the cups. "Onew, watch the chair!!"
"Huh?" Onew looked up from the cups. "Oh, I knew it was there."

The boys gave the girls their coffees and took their seats. Jonghyun fixed the scarf around IU's neck.

"Can I tell them?" Seungyeon excitedly nudged Onew's shoulder. "Please??" Onew nodded. "Yes!!" Seungyeon squealed.

Jonghyun and IU looked up.

"What's the "yes" for?" Jonghyun mimicked Seungyeon squealing.
"Guess what?" Seungyeon held out her left hand.
"When?" IU took Seungyeon's hand to look at the ring.
"Today at lunch, more like 11:05am exactly." Seungyeon said excitedly.
"How? What did he do?" IU asked with wide eyes.
"He said to be at the Sky Tower by 11, so I went. I thought be was late, but then he appeared on stage and started singing 'Now and Forever.' When he was done he came to me, knelt down, pulled out a ring, and said '“Seungyeon, from now and forever, I want to be your man. I want to be the one who will stand and be by your side forever. Will you marry me?' I thought I was dreaming!!" Seungyeon smiled as she leaned on Onew.
"Wahh, so romantic. Mine was boring compared to yours." IU pouted.
"Hey." Jonghyun said sadly. "I tried. Do you know how long I had that ring? I had it since before you went to America. I wanted to marry you then, but you had to leave, so I waited until you came back only to find out about Key, Taemin, and Minho. For me, I just wanted to make you mine before you became someone else's wife and-"
"Oppa, you talk too much." IU kissed Jonghyun. "I didn't say your proposal was bad, I just said her's was more fun. Your proposal was the best though. Do you want to know why? Because it was you. Kim Jonghyun, who I love proposed to me and that's all that mattered. Don't put yourself down." IU cuddled into Jonghyun's arm.
"Thanks babe." Jonghyun kissed her head.

Seungyeon and Onew watched IU and Jonghyun. Onew immediately kissed Seungyeon's head after watching Jonghyun. Seungyeon looked at Onew.

"Sorry I got jealous." Onew smiled.

Seungyeon shook her head as she giggled at Onew's childishness.

~~~~~

Later on that night Jonghyun arrived at the hotel after a romantic dinner with IU. Onew and Seungyeon came out of the elevator as Jonghyun and IU were waiting to go inside.

"Where are you going?" Jonghyun asked.
"Off for a late dinner. Don't bother us unless it's important." Onew told Jonghyun. "Oh tell Dongho to go to GD's house or someone else's house or hotel room tonight. I'm going to spend the night with Seungyeon. We're going to talk about some things."
"Okay have fun." Jonghyun told Onew and Seungyeon.

The elevator door closed. Onew and Seungyeon headed for Onew's car.

"What are we talking about tonight?" Seungyeon asked.
"The wedding, getting a house, the future, or something along that line. Maybe if we finish early we can have fun." Onew said.
"Oh." Seungyeon blushed.
"Why are you blushing?" Onew thought for a moment. "You were thinking dirty thoughts weren't you?"
"I wasn't." Seungyeon hit Onew's shoulder as she turned a darker shade of pink.
"Sure, you weren't. Anyways I was thinking other fun, but we can do that too if you want." Onew said casually despite his heart beating like crazy. "First lets eat dinner."

Onew drove Seungyeon off to their romantic dinner.

~~~~~~

Jonghyun and IU went to their room after informing Dongho about spending the night at GD's.

"So what do you want to do now." Jonghyun casually plopped himself down on the king sized bed.
IU sat down in front of the makeup table. "I don't know. It's too early to sleep." She glanced at the clock that read 9:04pm.
"Do we have anything to do tomorrow?" Jonghyun asked IU as he ed his jacket.
"Not that I know of. We don't have anything until next week when Umma starts taking us to go do wedding preparations." IU took off her jewelry and combed her hair.
"Good." Jonghyun walked over to IU and grabbed her comb and began to comb her hair. "You might not want to do anything tomorrow anyways."
IU looked at Jonghyun's reflection confused. "What do you mean?"
"Nothing." Jonghyun replied continuing to comb her hair.

Jonghyun gently combed IU's hair to the right side of her head. He put the comb down and kissed her left shoulder.

"You look beautiful tonight." Jonghyun placed more kissed on her shoulder.

Jonghyun massaged her shoulders then had IU stand up. Jonghyun kissed IU's lips and pushed her towards the wall next to the light switch. He quickly turned the light off. Jonghyun lifted IU and gently placed her on the bed.

"Tonight... Can we... be one?" Jonghyun said between kisses.

IU pushed Jonghyun, so he stopped kissing her and looked into her eyes.

"Don't force yourself if you don't want to. I can wait. I waited 3 years for you and I can wait longer." Jonghyun moved so he was now next to IU, no longer on top of her.

Jonghyun pulled the covers over IU and stood up. Jonghyun began to head to the bathroom

"Wait!" IU grabbed his arm. "It's not that I don't want to. I'm just... scared."
"Don't be. I'm right here. I've never hurt you before and I don't plan on hurting you now." Jonghyun replied kneeling next to the bed, so he was eye level with IU. "Go to sleep. I'll be back soon."

Jonghyun turned to leave, but IU grabbed his arm again.

"I- I- I want to be with you. I- I trust you. Oppa please." IU pulled Jonghyun closer to herself. "We can try."

Jonghyun turned around. He sat on the bed and kissed IU.

"Don't force yourself. Sleep." IU shook her head. "You really want to do this?" Jonghyun asked.

IU nodded and kissed Jonghyun. Slowly the kiss deepened. IU and Jonghyun became one that night.