Chapter 22

Only That Person

Seungyeon was sitting by her desk in her room waiting when the voting would start that evening. She played with her fingers nervously and stared out the window.

Please let the result be good. Please.

Seungyeon flinched when she heard a knock on the door. Minhwan walked in and closed the door.
"Noona. We are about to start the voting now.. you should come downstairs."

Seungyeon stood up slowly and followed Minhwan downstairs. Minhwan placed his hand on her shoulder gently and smiled a little.

They stopped by the living room door. Everyone from the family was sitting there, all exept Yunho. Even Jeong Hoon, Geun Suk, Hyun Bin and Yunho's father were there, people were giving them murderous glares all the time.

"Sit down Seungyeon." Yoseob's father who was leading the voting ordered her.

Seungyeon sat down on the chair that was in the middle of the room. She could feel all the eyes on her.
They all think i'm a betrayer..

"Han Seung Yeon. Because of what you have done with the boy from the Nang family, you are sitting here now. You must already know how you have let us all down and broke the agreement our ansestors made, bringing great shame to our family. Through this voting we will decide wether we will let you live or.... have you killed." Yoseob's father said firmly looking at Seungyeon.

Seungyeon just sat there silently staring at the floor.

"We have received all the votes from the branch families, and as the result of that it seems like your fate depens on us the head family. Because it was a tie in the branch families, half of the families voted against you and half of the families voted for you. So it all depends on us now." her uncle continued.

It was a tie in all the branch families... maybe.. maybe my family won't vote against me and we will survive.. Seungyeon thought now more hopeful.

"We will now begin the voting! Everyone who is against Seungyeon will step to the left side... and everyone who is on Seungyeon's side will step to the right side. Everybody understood?" Yoseob's father asked.

"Ye." everyone said in unison.

"Good. Then one by one starting from grandfather, will vote." Yoseob's father announced.

Seungyeon felt like her heart would burst from nervousness, she closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath then turned to look at her grandfather who stood up.

He looked at Seungyeon sadly and walked to the left side. "I am sorry, but we must follow the law."
Her grandmother followed his husband to the left side.

After them, Minhyuk and Minhwan walked to the right side without hesitation.
Seungyeon's mother followed the two soon after, even though she was against what Seungyeon had done she still didn't want her child to die.

Seungyeon smiled faintly seeing her family on her side.
Minhwan and Minhyuk smiled at their sister giving her encouragement.

Then both Yunho's father and mother went to the left side, followed by Jeong Hoon, Hyun Bin, and Geun Suk and their father and mother.

Omo.. this really doesn't look too good... Seungyeon gulped.

"Oppa is on your side Seungyeon-ah." Kyujong said and stepped on the right side. Jiyoon followed him, so did Kyujong's mom and dad.

Suddenly Yoseob's father received a phone call.
"Yes.. yes. I understand. Bye." he spoke shortly then hung up and looked at Seungyeon.

"I really didn't expect this but we received a call that Yunho wants to vote for you, Seungyeon. He wants you to live." he announced.

Everyone looked at each other surprised as they had thought that automatically Yunho would have been against Seungyeon.

After that the voting continued at it was soon Sunye's familys turn.
Sunye's father and mother stepped on the left side against Seungyeon but Sunye stepped on the right side without hesitation.

"Yah! Sunye it's the law, we must follow it!" her father scolded her.
"I know it's the law, but Seungyeon is much more important to me than such things.. If she dies, I really don't think I can live without her around.. she is too important to me. Besides I really don't understand why we must still keep such a ridiculous law!" Sunye said looking at Seungyeon.

"Sunye!" her father scolded. "We will talk about this later..."

"Silence!" Yoseob's father shouted.

Now there was only Yoseob's family and Hara left to vote.

Yoseob's father spoke up first. "Seungyeon.. I am sorry but I must vote against you. I spent a lot of time thinking about this, but I really can't accept this."

After him Yoseob's mother walked to the right side. "I disagree with my husband."
Yoseob followed his mother to the right. "If this wasn't about you Seungyeon, I would vote against you.. but because you are involved I will be on your side. I still won't accept that Nang guy, and trust me if it was just about killing him I would.. but because you are in this too.. I won't."

Yoseob's father looked at them all..."So now we have 12 people against Seungyeon... and 11 people on Seungyeon's side. It all depends on Hara now, if she goes to the right it means it will be a tie.. but if to the left that means that we have more votes against her... and that would mean... that possibly Seungyeon has to be killed."

Hara looked at Seungyeon and hesitated what to do. Her whole family was on Seungyeon's side.. but somehow she felt that dating a Nang too wrong for a Dae to do.

Seungyeon looked at Hara hopefully. She wouldn't vote against me right? I don't think she will.. she is like a little sister to me. She wouldn't vote against me and want me dead..

Seungyeon already was sure that Hara would step on the right but for her shock Hara walked to the left.

"H- Hara.." Seungyeon stuttered shocked.
"Unnie... I'm sorry." Hara said quietly and looked down.
"Hara!!" Minhyuk and Minhwan yelled in unison.
"I'm sorry.. please understand my decision." Hara said looking away from them.

Yoseob's father stood up and looked at Seungyeon seriously.
"You understand what this means don't you? The result of the vote from the Dae's is against you. I'm sorry Seungyeon but that is what we have decided. The Nangs still have their voting tomorrow morning so we don't know the final result yet, we have to wait for them. But for the Dae's it is against you."

Seungyeon stared in front of her devastated.
They voted against us. My family voted against me. We might die. Me and Onew.

"Uncle.. you... we.. can't we just solve this some other way. Seungyeon can't be killed. Please everyone.. think this through again. How can you decide to kill Seungyeon!?" Minhyuk yelled.
"Yes. Father... we can't kill Seungyeon!" Yoseob yelled too.

"It's already been decided. We have to wait for the Nangs and have a meeting with them, then we will find out wether she is killed or not." Yoseob's father said and walked out the room.

Seungyeon covered her face with her hands and resting her elbows down on her knees. They voted against us.