IML - Chapter 1

In My Life [Hiatus]

Chapter 1

Sighing, Sungmin sits his bag down on the seat next to him. Not too long ago, he just got off the plane. Now he was just waiting for someone to pick him up. Remembering something, Sungmin digs into his bag and takes out his cell phone. He turned it off before getting onto the phone. Sungmin sits down as he turns the phone back on. Once the phone was on, a message popped up notifying Sungmin that he had missed calls, while his phone was turned off. “Eight messages?” Sungmin asks as he pushes a few buttons to the calling log. Three of the calls were from Heechul, two were from Eunhyuk, one from Ryeowook, one from Leeteuk, and one from Kangin. Sighing, Sungmin dials Heechul number and puts the phone to his ear.

“Why did you not answer your phone?” was the first thing Heechul said as he answers the phone.

“Hello to you too.” Sungmin replies.

“Answer my question.”

“I was on the plane.”

“So, you could have still answered.”

“Well my phone was turned off and down in my bag.”

“Why did you turn your phone off?”

“Don’t know, just did.”

“I wish you would have called someone before and told us.”

“Yeah will, it’s on now. Did something happen?”

“Not really. Oh your things did arrive and we already started moving things into the apartment.”

“Okay, thanks. So someone is on the way to pick me up?”

“Yeah, should be there soon.”

“Okay then. I guess that means I shouldn’t be waiting long.”

“No you won’t. So get up.”

“Yeah, whatever.” Sungmin says as he stands up.

“I’m about to hang up. But before I do, let me ask you something.”

“Umm, ok. That is it?”

“Why did you wear that shirt with those pants? You should have worn a darker shirt.” Heechul comments. Sungmin looks down at his outfit. “There is nothing wearing.” he says. He then stops. “Wait how do you know what I’m wearing?” he asks. The answer he got was Heechul laughing.

“Sungmin!” a voice calls. Sungmin turns toward the voice to see Eunhyuk walking toward him followed by Heechul. Sungmin hangs up the phone and picks up his bag before walking toward the two. “I’m so glad you’re back.” Eunhyuk says hugging Sungmin. Sungmin then hugs Heechul. Sungmin smiles. “So am I. I really missed you all so much.” he says. “Did only you two come?” he asks as they walk toward the exit. Eunhyuk and Heechul shake their heads. “No, one more person came too.” Eunhyuk says. Heechul nods. “Yeah and he’s been worried sick about you since you never answered any of our calls. It was annoying.” he says.

As they walk out the building, Eunhyuk points toward a certain car. Sungmin follows his gesture to see Leeteuk standing next to the car. “See I told you nothing was wrong. You worry too much.” Heechul tells Leeteuk as they walk to him. Leeteuk shrugs. “Well sorry, it’s just natural that I worry about you all.” he says. He then hugs Sungmin. “Sorry hyung, I turned my phone off before getting on the plane.” Sungmin informs. Leeteuk nods. “Well your safe and here. Glad to have you back.” he says. “Now come on, time to take you to your new home.” he says.

Eunhyuk and Sungmin got into the back of the car, while Leeteuk sat in the passenger’s seat and Heechul in the driver’s seat. “So they still won’t let you drive, hyung?” Sungmin asks as the car begins to move. Leeteuk shakes his head. “No, no one trusts me.” he says. “I’ve been practicing and all. But they still don’t let me drive.” he states. Heechul looks at Leeteuk. “That’s because even though you practice, you’re still bad at It.” he states making Sungmin and Eunhyuk laugh. Leeteuk slumps into the seat. “I’m sure you’ll get better at driving sooner or later.” Eunhyuk says.

Within minutes, they made it to the apartment and was parked behind a moving van that had the back opened. Sungmin leans forward to look out the front windshield of the car and inside the back of the van. “Is that…? It is.” Curiosity getting the better of him, Sungmin immediately gets out the car. He then walks up to the back of the van. “A couple of handsome guys moving things into an apartment. The neighbors must be loving the view.” Sungmin says to the two figures in the back of the moving van. The figures turn around to revealing themselves as Siwon and Donghae. The two boys smile. “You’re finally here.” Donghae says as they hop out the van and hug Sungmin. Sungmin smiles. “You didn’t wait long at the airport did you?” Siwon asks. Sungmin shakes his head. “Not at all. They arrived almost immediately after I got off the plane.” he says. Siwon nods.

“Where are the others?” Leeteuk asks as they finally get out the car. Donghae and Siwon point to the apartment. “They’re inside moving boxes around to make sure that they won’t be in the way when bringing the rest of the boxes in.” Donghae explains. Leeteuk nods. “Go show everyone else that you’re here.” Eunhyuk says handing Sungmin his bag, which he left in the car. Sungmin nods before walking up the stairs and to the door on the right, which was a little farther back than the door on the other apartment. Walking into the apartment, Sungmin sees six of the boys moving boxes around. Hearing someone walking into the apartment Kibum stops and looks up. “Ah, Sungmin you’re finally here.” he says making the others stop what they were doing.

After the greeting and the hugs, Sungmin looks around. “We’re missing a couple of people. Where are the others?” he says. Yesung looks at Sungmin. “Ryeowook and Henry had to work. Kyuhyun had to take care of a few things. And the girls had a family function to go to.” he explains and Sungmin nods. A second later Sungmin feels someone tap him. He turns to see Zhoumi. “Since there were two rooms, we decide to put the boxes labeled bedroom in the one that’s straight forward when you walk down the hall.” he informs. Sungmin nods. “Thanks now I don’t have to debate with myself about with room to sleep in and which room will be the guest room.” he says. After a couple of minutes of talking with the others, Leeteuk comes into apartment and the group gets back to unloading the truck.

About half an hour later, Heechul sighs loudly as he leans against the car. Sungmin, who was walking toward the van, stops and looks at him. “What’s wrong?” he asks. Heechul looks back at him. “This is boring and it’s taking too long.” he complains. Kangin snorts. “You’re not even doing anything. Help out and it’ll go faster.” he says. Heechul shakes his head. “Can’t, my leg hurts.” he states. Shindong shakes his head. “That’s his excuse for getting out of everything.” he says. “You can’t use that excuse forever.” he tells Heechul. Heechul shrugs. “But I will.” he replies back.

“How can your leg be hurting if you haven’t done anything?” Hangeng asks. Heechul looks at him. “I have too done something.” he says. Leeteuk looks at him. “Helping for like ten minutes doesn’t really count.” he says. Heechul raises a brow. “Helping is helping, no matter how long it is.” he says. The other shakes their heads as they go back to unloading the truck. “Call Sam or someone. That’ll give you something to do.” Donghae suggests. Heechul shrugs. “I guess I can do that. At least I’ll be less bored.” he says as he takes out his phone.

After about 45 minutes, the group was done moving things into the apartment. And after another hour, the others left, leaving Sungmin in his new apartment filled with boxes. Though, some of the others, like Siwon, did volunteer to help unpack. Sungmin turned down the offers, knowing, informed by Heechul, that the others had their own plans for later in the day. And he didn’t want to be the reason that they missed their plans. After a minute of looking around the apartment, Sungmin sighs and begins to unpack.

 

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

 

So that’s Chapter 1. I hope you liked it. Leaving a comment telling me what you think will be appreciated. ^_^

My other stories, excluding Encounters and Schooling in America, are also updated. Please read them too. ^_^