IML - Chapter 3

In My Life [Hiatus]

Chapter 3

Sungmin blinks. “All 8 of you?” he asks. The kids around him nod. Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun. “Yeah have eight kids?” he asks. Kyuhyun nods. “Yeah, shall I introduce them?” he asks. Sungmin nods, not saying a word. The kids standing in the hallway with Sungmin walk into the room. Sungmin, himself, also steps into the room. He moves over to stand next to Kyuhyun as the kids arrange themselves from youngest to oldest.

Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin. “Okay, you got Kwang-Sun, who’s 18; MiSun, 17; JaeSun, 12. Those are the three you already know.” he says pointing at each as he says their name. “Now we have: JungHee, who’s 15; Little Miss Injury, SangHee, 14; MunHee, 8; and twins EunKyung and MinKyung, who are 7.” he introduces.

Sungmin nods. “Nice to meet you all.” he says. The kids bow to him. “Nice to meet you too.” SangHee says. “Oh, and no need to introduce yourself. We know who you are.” he says. The others nod. “Yeah, you dad’s old lover.” MunHee states. Sungmin widen his eyes as he looks at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun looks back at him.

“Yeah, you’re surprised but I had to go through the past years with them claiming that.” Kyuhyun says. Sungmin looks back at the kids. “W-why do you think I w-was Kyuhyun’s lover?” he asks. The kids look at each other. “Well…You’re Dad’s type for one thing.” EunKyung says.

“Also he has a picture of you and him.” MinKyung adds.

“He like you when you guys were younger.” JaeSun says.

“Plus there’s the fact that Uncle Heechul and Uncle Eunhyuk told us all about the relationship between you two.” JungHee says.

Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun. “Have you allowed Heechul to babysit?” he asks. Kyuhyun sighs. “Only once because at the time he was the only one I could get on short notice.” he says. “And when I got home they started assuming this.” he says. Sungmin nods. “I’m guessing that me denying this won’t work?” he asks. Kyuhyun shakes his head. “No it wouldn’t.” he says.

“Hey Father, where are you?” a voices calls throughout the house. Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun. “There’s another one? And why does that voice sound so very familiar to me, like as if I’ve hear it earlier?” he asks. Kyuhyun shakes his head. “No there are only 8. Wait and see. She should sound very familiar.” he says. “We’re in here!” Kyuhyun replies back.

A second later a girl with shoulder length black hair and glasses walks into the room followed by Henry.  “Samona” Sungmin says. The girl turns to him and her eyes widen. “Sungmin” she says cheerfully as she moves over to him and hugs him. “Sorry about not coming to see you earlier. So much work needed to be done.” she says. Sungmin nods. “It’s okay because you called.” Sungmin says.

Kyuhyun looks at Samona. “Aren’t you suppose to be at work?” he asks her. Samona turns to him. “Well, I was but they called me saying that SangHee was injured.” she explains. “At first they weren’t going to call you because you were on your date with Sungmin.” she adds. Kyuhyun sighs before turning to the kids. “Did you all even eat yet?” he asks.

Kwang-Sang and MiSun look at each other. “You forgot about it didn’t you?” Kwang-Sun asks. MiSun snorts. “Me? I’m sure you forgot about it too.” she says. The two walk out the room and toward the kitchen. “You two better not have burnt anything. I will force you to eat it.” Kyuhyun calls after them.

Sighing, Kyuhyun looks around at everyone else. “Okay, come on, it’s crowded in this room.” he says. Everyone leaves out the room and walk toward the front of the house. While Sungmin followed Henry and Samona to the living room, Kyuhyun and the kids walk to the kitchen. After a few minutes, Kyuhyun joins the three in the living room.

“So you two seem like you made up.” Kyuhyun says to Samona and Henry as he sits down. The two nod. “Well in a car alone together coming from Samona’s job to here, we couldn’t really avoid talking to watch other.” Henry says. Samona nods. “Yeah, only thing we needed to de was talk it out.” she says.

Kyuhyun raises a brow. “Oh really?” he asks. “I wonder if someone -I don’t know, like me- suggested that you two do that in the very first place.” he says. Samona sticks her tongue out at him. “Yeah, yeah, so you were right again.” she says. Kyuhyun smirks. “Yeah, I’m always right.” he says. “So listen to me more.” he says.

Henry looks at Sungmin. “You’re quiet. What’s wrong?” he asks ignoring the other two. Sungmin shakes his head. “Nothing is wrong. I’m just still confused.” he says. Sungmin then looks at Kyuhyun. “Hey, can you completely explain to me how you have eight kids?” he asks. Kyuhyun turns to Sungmin. “Oh, sure.” he says. “Well you can already guess why I have Kwang-Sun, MiSun, and Jae-Sun. After SunHi dies we all decided that they’ll stay with me.” Kyuhyun says. Sungmin nods. “What about the other five?” he asks.

“Well JungHee, SangHee, and MunHee are the kids of one of my friends, HyeSu. She was going through a lot of trouble. Truth be told she wasn’t fit to take care of the three, so I took them in.” Kyuhyun says. “For the twins, they’ve been friends with MunHee since they were like 2. Their parents died almost a year ago. They had no other family to go to. So I once again stepped in.” Kyuhyun explains. Sungmin smiles. “That’s nice of you to do.” he says.

Kyuhyun nods. “Yeah, I guess. It maybe a little hard, but it’s a lot of fun and great having them here.” he says. Sungmin nods. “A house full of kids.” he starts. “That does sound fun.” he says.

Throughout the rest of the night, Sungmin talked with Kyuhyun, Samona, and Henry. Catching up on everything that’s been going on the past years that he’s been gone. The kids also joined in, informing Sungmin on the things that go on in the house and learning more about him.

 

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

 

This chapter is short. Sorry, I just couldn’t think of anything else to happen in the chapter. >.< I just wanted to get out the explanation about why Kyuhyun has eight kids. Okay, so everyone, thank you for reading. Thank you all that comment. I really appreciate the comments. ^_^

~~

I would like to say sorry to the readers for not updating earlier. I was having attention trouble. Then the disaster in Japan happened.  It was like 2 something in the morning were I am. And when I heard about it, I immediately turned to the different news channels to see about it. I have family members (brother, sister-in-law, and 2yo nephew) over in Japan so you all can see why I was terrified. (It’s okay they’re safe.) So lately my mind has been very crowd and it’s been hard for me to focus on just one thing.

Now, I was about to complete chapters for all the stories except for ‘Schooling in America’ and ‘Childhood Friends-Adulthood Lovers’. I will try to get the chapters done for those stories as soon as I can. Again I’m sorry that it took so long for me to update the stories. I’ll try my best to continue working on them and posting them for you all.

Thank you for reading and/or commenting. I really appreciate it.

 

~Samona ^_^