IML - Chapter 8

In My Life [Hiatus]

Chapter 8

Sungmin sighs as he plops down on his bed. It has been a stressful past two weeks. Both mentally and physically. Two weeks ago, Kyuhyun made that statement about them having their ‘next moment’. And every time they came close to having that ‘moment’, something got in the way of it happening.

I mean, sure he was a little nervous about this ‘moment’ actually happening, but it didn’t mean that he didn’t want it to happen. Nervous or not, he wanted to take up that new level with Kyuhyun. But in their lives, there are too many distractions that like to interrupt them.

Sighing again, Sungmin rolls over and looks at his room’s ceiling. His mind rolls over the past three weeks and its distractions.

 

~ Two weeks ago (4 days after ‘First Moment’) ~

Sungmin stretches as he walks around the kitchen, trying to decide on what to make. It was late in the afternoon. All the kids were gone, busy with after-school activities and spending times with friends. Only other person in the house was Kyuhyun. And since they haven’t eaten lunch yet, he decided that he would fix them something to eat.

“Umm, I think sandwiches will be fine to do.” he whispers to himself as he walks to the refrigerator and opens it. Getting everything he needed, Sungmin closes the refrigerator back before sitting the items on the counter. Spreading the items out, Sungmin walks over to the dish rack and removes a plate and a knife, placing them along with the other items.

Just as Sungmin was about to start, he feels a pair of arms wrap around his waist. Smiling, Sungmin looks over his shoulder. “Hey Kyu.” he greets. As Sungmin turns his attention back to the things on the counter, Kyuhyun rests his chin on Sungmin’s shoulder. “What are you doing?” he asks.

“What does it look like I’m doing?” Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun lets out a small laugh. “It was kind of a rhetorical question, since I can literally see what you’re going.” he says. Sungmin shrugs slightly. “Well then you should have asked something else.” he says laughing.

“Well then, to answer you’re rhetorical question,” Sungmin starts. “I’m making something for us to eat. It’s close to lunch time. I was thinking that you might be getting a little hungry. So why not make something.” he says. Kyuhyun nods before raising his head from Sungmin’s shoulder.

“Well, no need to do that.” Kyuhyun says as he raises his hand from Sungmin’s waist. He takes the knife from Sungmin’s hand and sits it down on the counter. Kyuhyun then turns Sungmin around until they were face to face. “Food isn’t what I have an appetite for right now.” he says before leaning forward, pressing his lips against Sungmin’s.

“You should have said something earlier then.” Sungmin says smiling as they break apart. Kyuhyun smiles back as he takes Sungmin’s hand into his. Kyuhyun pulls him out the kitchen and down the hall toward his room.

As they make their way toward the room, Kyuhyun slows them down as he pulls Sungmin closer to him and kisses him. “Can’t wait for the room?” Sungmin asks as they break apart. Kyuhyun lets out a small laugh as he presses Sungmin against the closest wall. “Of course I can. I just down want to.” he says pulling Sungmin into another kiss.

Just as Kyuhyun was about to slide his hands under Sungmin’s shirt, a ringing fills the hall. Stepping back, Kyuhyun reaches into his pocket and pulls out his phone. Holding it up, he looks at the screen. “Oh, it’s the school.” he says. Pressing the ‘answer’ button, Kyuhyun puts the phone to his ear and answers it.

After a few minutes, Kyuhyun hangs up the phone. “Is everything okay?” Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun nods. “Yeah, it’s just ‘Little Miss Injury’ SangHee. She injured herself again.” he answers. Sungmin tilts his head. “Is she okay?” he asks. Kyuhyun nods. “Yeah, she’s fine. Just a little scratched up. They want her to rest for today, so I have to go pick her up.” he informs. Sungmin nods. “Well, it’s good to know it wasn’t something too serious.” he says.

The two walks to the front of the house. Walking to the door, Kyuhyun slides on his shoes and his coat. He then looks at Sungmin, who was standing next to him, and sighs. “Well then, once again we have to hold off on our ‘activity’. Maybe next time.” he says before leaning down and kissing Sungmin. “I’ll be back in a few.” he says before turning and walking out the house.

 

~four days later~

Sungmin lets out a small gasp as he’s roughly pressed against the hallway wall. Kyuhyun immediately crashes his lips again Sungmin’s, taking his breath away. A minute later, the two break apart breathing heavily. “The kids are with Yesung and Ryeowook, so we don’t have to worry about them.” Kyuhyun states before kissing Sungmin again.

Moving his hands down, Kyuhyun moves them to the bottom of Sungmin’s shirt and begin ing it. Once the bottom half was ed, Kyuhyun slides his hand under the shirt and presses them flat against Sungmin’s stomach. As Sungmin gasps at the skin-to-skin contact, Kyuhyun takes it as an opportunity to slide his tongue into the shorter boy’s mouth.

Sungmin moans out as their tongues explored the other’s mouth. Kyuhyun pulls Sungmin with him as he takes a step back, not breaking the kissing. The two finally break apart for air as Kyuhyun leads them to their destination, his room. Pulling Sungmin into the room, Kyuhyun shuts the door.

Contacted in another breathless kiss, the two immediately make their way to the bed. As Sungmin lay back, Kyuhyun moves over him. Reaching his hands up, Sungmin places them on the back of Kyuhyun’s head, pulling him down until their lips met.

Kyuhyun lets his wonder back down to finish his previous task of ing Sungmin’s shirt. Sungmin also moves his hands down. They immediately make their way under Kyuhyun’s shirt. Sungmin lets his hands roam upward, raising the shirt with them. When the shirt couldn’t rise anymore, Sungmin lightly presses against Kyuhyun’s chest.

Understanding what he wanted, Kyuhyun pulls back, breaking the kiss. Kyuhyun sits up, a leg on either side of Sungmin. Grabbing hold of the bottom of his shirt, Kyuhyun pulls it over his head and throws it to the side. Sungmin lets his eyes roam over the toned chest in front of him before pressing his hand against it and letting his fingers spread out.

With a small smile displayed on his face, Kyuhyun leans back down and kisses Sungmin softly on the lips. He then moves down leaving a trail of light kiss down Sungmin’s neck. Sungmin lets out a small moan as Kyuhyun kisses along his collarbone.

As Kyuhyun was about to continue his trail lower, the sound of a phone ringing stops him. “Damn it.” he whispers. Lifting himself a little, Kyuhyun reaches over to the side table next to the bed. Picking up one of the two phones that sat there, Kyuhyun looks at the screen.

Sitting back up, Kyuhyun clears his throat before answering the phone. “Hello, this is Cho Kyuhyun.” he answers. “Is there a problem?” he asks. “…What is it about? ...Okay, what time? …Okay, I’ll see you then.” Kyuhyun then hangs up the phone.

“Who was that?” Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun sits the phone back on the side table. “Oh, it was work. They’re calling a meeting.” he says. “But since I have an hour and a half until then, I’m not going to worry about it and focus on the task at hand.” he says leaning down and pulling Sungmin into a kiss.

Before they could even try to deepen the kiss, another ring goes off. Kyuhyun lets out a groan as he sits up again. Picking up the phone, Kyuhyun answers it and puts it up to his ear. “Hello, Cho Kyuhyun here.” he answers.

“Kyuhyun?” a voice asks.

“Yeah, what’s up?” Kyuhyun asks.

“Can I speak to Sungmin?”

“Why didn’t you all his phone?”

“What? This is his phone.”

Kyuhyun pulls the phone back and looks at it to notice that it wasn’t his phone. “Oh sorry.” he says putting the phone back to his ear. “But, yeah, hold on.” he says. Moving from over Sungmin, Kyuhyun holds the phone out to him. “Here, its Eunhyuk.” he says. “He sounds a little upset too.” he informs.

Sitting up, Sungmin takes the phone. “Eunhyuk? What’s wrong?” Sungmin asks putting the phone to his ear. As moves off the bed, Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun, sending him an apologetic look. Kyuhyun shakes his head. “It’s okay. The monkey needs your conform right now.” he says.

With that, Sungmin turns and walks out the room, buttoning his shirt back up. Sighing, Kyuhyun falls back onto the bed.

 

~eight days later/four days before present~

Sungmin lets out a small breath as he falls back into the bed. Kyuhyun immediately moves over him, shirt already off and thrown to the side. Raising his hands, Sungmin slides them into Kyuhyun’s hair before pulling him down into a kiss.

Kyuhyun slides his tongue into Sungmin’s mouth, deepening the kiss. Sungmin moans out as Kyuhyun kisses down his neck and to his collarbone. Kyuhyun bites down lightly before moving back up and pulling Sungmin into another passionate kiss.

A minute later, the two pull apart breathing heavily. Kyuhyun looks down at Sungmin. His hair sprayed around his head, on the pillow beneath it, bangs slightly covering his eyes. His lip slightly red from their ‘activities’. His chest raising and falling as he tries to catch his breath. “You’re so beautiful Sungmin.” he says making Sungmin smile up at him.

Lifting a hand, Kyuhyun brushes the bangs from over Sungmin’s eyes. He suddenly sits back, making Sungmin raise a brow. “What’s wrong?” he asks. Kyuhyun tilts his head. “You’re hot.” he says. Sungmin blinks. “Thank you.” he says. Kyuhyun rolls his eyes as he moves from over the smaller boy.

“Yeah you are, but that’s not what I meant.” Kyuhyun says. “What I mean was that your forehead is hot.” he says. “Your head doesn’t hurt or anything?” he asks. Shaking his head, Sungmin sits up. “No not really.” he says.

“I mean I’m feeling a little hot, but I thought that was because of our actions.” Sungmin says. Kyuhyun raises his hand and places the back of it to Sungmin’s forehead. “Don’t think that’s it this time.” he says. “I’ll be right back.” he says moving off the bed and walking out the room.

 A minute later he walks back into the room carrying a few things. Moving back onto the bed, Kyuhyun sits the things down next to him. “Here, let’s see if you have a fever?” he says handing a digital thermometer to Sungmin. As Sungmin takes it, Kyuhyun looks around at the things he brought in.

A minute later a beeping from the thermometer goes off and Sungmin hands it back to Kyuhyun. Looking at the number displayed on the thermometer, Kyuhyun not. “Well you don’t have a fever, yet. But close to it.” he says. He then picks up a bottle and hand it to Sungmin.

“Here’s some cold medicine. By taking it now, you can at least lower the total exhausting effect that the fever will have on you.” Kyuhyun says. Sungmin nods and takes the bottle. “Thank you.” he says smiling. Kyuhyun looks at him. “Why are you smiling?” he asks. “Are you getting delusional on me?” he asks.

Sungmin lets out a small laugh and shakes his head. “It’s just that you’re taking care of me. It makes me happy.” he says. Kyuhyun smiles leaning toward Sungmin. “You’re my love, of course I’m going to take care of you.” he says pecking Sungmin on the lips.

“Sorry we have to wait again.” Sungmin says opening the bottle in his hand. Kyuhyun shakes his head. “It’s fine. Everyone gets sick.” he says. “We’ll just wait until you’re all better.” he says. “It’ll wait as long as it has to. As long as you’re okay, I’m fine.” Kyuhyun adds. Sungmin smiles and nods as he takes the spoon that Kyuhyun held out to him.

As Sungmin takes a spoonful of the medicine, Kyuhyun stands up. “Now, I’ll be right back. I have to get a few more things.” he says. “Take the right amount of that medicine.” he says. As Sungmin nods, Kyuhyun turns and walks back out the room.

 

~~~~

Sungmin sighs as he turns his eyes away from the ceiling. Lifting his hand, he touches the cooling gel pack on his forehead. Kyuhyun had brought a couple of them to help his fever go down and it helped a lot. “Ah, time for this one to come off.” Sungmin whispers, peeling the pad off his forehead.

Sitting up, Sungmin looks at the cooling pack and smiles. “Leave it to a fever to make me find more things to love about him.” he says standing up. He then walks out his room and to the kitchen, where Kyuhyun stood cooking.

“I just took the cooling pack off.” Sungmin says. Kyuhyun turns and looks at him. “You’re recovering okay, so I don’t think you need to put another one on right away.” he says. “Just keep getting rest. If you feel tired, don’t worry about anything and just go lay down.” he adds. He then turns back to the stove.

Sungmin nods. “Of course. Anything you say.” he says smiling brightly as he stares at the back of the taller boy’s head.

 

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

A.N.: So this chapter came out longer than I thought it would. Awesome. :D

Yeah, I did this chapter because I thought it would be hilarious if things got in their way before actually getting what they wanted.

And yes, that does mean you get KyuMin love in the next chapter. ;)

Also in the next chapter, a new character is introduced. They’re not really that important. But they have a connection with Kyuhyun and Sungmin that makes you think for a minute then go:

‘Yeah it's such a small world after all.’

^ That’s also a line in the next chapter too. XD

Anyways, hope you like this chapter. ^-^

~Samona