IML - Chapter 2

In My Life [Hiatus]

Chapter 2

Sighing, Sungmin runs around his room trying to get ready.  Ryeowook sat on the bed along with Raina, Minako, and Henry. “What are you looking for?” Minako asks as Sungmin runs pasts them for like the tenth time. Sungmin shrugs. “I don’t know.” he says. The four shakes their heads. “Calm down, you’re freaking out.” Henry says. Sungmin stops running around and lets out a sighs.

“I’m sorry, I’m just so nervous.” Sungmin says. The others nod. “We understand. You’re seeing someone you have strong feelings for, face to face, after years apart.” Ryewook says. “Of course you’re going to be nervous.” he says. Sungmin nods. “Yeah okay.” he says sitting on the edge of the bed. “I just need to relax.” he says.

“Sungmin you look great, everything is set. Only thing you have to do is enjoy the night.” Raina says. Sungmin nods. “Yeah, you’re right.” he says. He then looks down at his watch. “Oh, it’s almost time for him to arrive.” he says standing up. The four follows Sungmin out the room and to the front of the house. The five put on their shoes and grab their jackets before walking out the house and onto the porch.

The five sits down the benches on the porch. “Oh, I’m going to calm down.” Sungmin says. “So what’s going on with you’ll relationships?” he asks.

“I and Yesung are making plans for our anniversary.” Ryeowook says.

“But it’s in three months right?” Sungmin asks.

“Yeah, but Yesung wants to make sure that everything he plans goes right.” Ryeowook answers.

“Well he does have a way of making things fail.” Henry says.

“Yeah that’s why he’s taking all this time to make sure it doesn’t.” Ryeowook says.

“Speaking of making sure of things…Minako, what’s going on with Zhoumi?” Sungmin asks.

“We’re going on a date tonight.” Minako answers.

“It’s been about two months, right?” Sungmin asks.

“Yeah, right now before anything, we’re trying to figure out everything.” Minako says.

“Well that is good to do.” Sungmin says.

“I suggested she do that because that’s what I did with Yunho.” Raina says.

“How is Yunho? I haven’t been able to see or talk any of them yet.” Sungmin says.

“He’s doing fine. Right now, they’re doing a show in Japan.” Raina says.

“Oh, yeah. When you talk to him, tell them, I’ve been paying attention. I own most of DBSK’s albums.” Sungmin states.

“He’ll he glad to hear that.” Raina says.

“Aren’t they supposed to be doing a concert here next?” Henry asks.

“Yeah, they come back here, hold a concert, and relax and stay here for a while.” Raina informs.

“We have to make sure to go to the concert.” Ryeowook says.

“I agree. I would love to do that since I haven’t seen them in a while.” Sungmin says.

“So that means, Raina you have to find out the concert information.” Minako says.

“Of course, I’ll inform everyone when I find out.” Raina says. Sungmin turns to Henry.

“So, I still haven’t seen Samona since I got here. Where is she?” Sungmin asks.

“Right now she’s at work. I’m supposed to be picking her up when she gets off.” Henry says.

“Have you talked to her?” Ryeowook asks Sungmin.

“I talked to her on the phone earlier. She said she’ll try to see me when she can.” Sungmin says.

“Yeah, she’s been busy a lot lately.” Minako says.

“I’m sure I’ll see her soon. But really on to what I want to know. What’s going on between you two?” Sungmin asks Henry.

“What do you mean?” Henry asks.

“Heechul told him that you and Samona are fighting.” Raina says.

“Yeah, last week we got into an argument and we got mad at each other.” Henry explains.

“You’re lucky you we’re here for the last fight, Sungmin.” Ryeowook says.

“Why? What happened during the last one?” Sungmin asks.

“That’s the one where the house and items were being destroyed.” Raina says.

“Oh yeah, I remember Eunhyuk telling me about that one. The whole fight lasted like a month right?” Sungmin asks.

“Yeah, that’s the one.” Minako says.

“Well you two make up right over that one right Henry?” Sungmin asks.

“Yeah, that’s right.” Henry replies.

“Well since I haven’t heard anything about falling objects, this one should be as bad as that one right?” Sungmin asks.

“Yeah, it’s not as bad as that fight. Hopefully none of the future ones are either.” Henry states.

“Then you two might get over this one soon.” Sungmin says.

“I agree the two can’t stay mad at each other for too long.” Minako says.

“Right, I’m still surprised that the last one lasted a month.” Ryeowook says.

“That’s just because we love each other a lot.” Henry says.

“We know. We see that every time we see you two together.” Raina says.

After a few more minutes of talking, a dark red car pulls up in front of the house. “Looks like your date is here.” Minako says as they stand up. The driver’s door on the car opens and Kyuhyun climbs out the car. The group walks off the porch and other to him. “Hey.” Kyuhyun greets. “What’s going on?” he asks. The others shake their heads.

“Nothing, we were just helping Sungmin get ready for you two’s date.” Raina says. Sungmin slightly pushes her away. “Don’t pay attention to her, they just came to visit Me.” he says. Kyuhyun nods slowly. “So, are you ready to go?” he asks. Sungmin nods. “Yeah, I’m ready. We were just sitting out here waiting.” he says. With that Sungmin walks around the other side of the car to the passengers’ side.

“I’ll see you all later.” Sungmin says as he gets into the car. The others look at Kyuhyun. “Yeah, he’s nervous. He was pacing the room earlier.” Henry says. Kyuhyun nods. “That’s good to know.” he says. The other then begin to walk back to the house. “Oh, yeah,” Minako says looks back at Kyuhyun. “Tell the others that I'll try to come and see them tomorrow.” she says. Kyuhyun nods. “Will do.” he replies before getting back into the car. A minute later, the car then pulls off.

Minutes later, the car was parking in a lot and the two gets out the car. Sungmin follows Kyuhyun into a restaurant. The two sits down at one of the tables. “Hey Kyuhyun.” The two looks up to see one of the waitresses walking toward them. Kyuhyun waves. “Oh, hey Hei. How are you?” he asks. Hei smiles. “I’m fine.” she says. She then turns to Sungmin. “Hi, I’m Hei.” she says holding out her hand.

“Hi, I’m Sungmin.” Sungmin introduces shaking Hei’s hand. Hei blinks. “Oh, you’re Sungmin.” she says. “I heard a lot about you from Eunhyuk and the others. It’s nice to meet you. You’re a cutie just like they said.” she explains. Sungmin smiles. “Thank you.” he says. Hei sits two of the menus she was holding down on the table. “Here you two go. I’ll be right back to take your orders.” she says.

Kyuhyun and Sungmin nods. With that, Hei walks off to another table. Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin. “So how was it in America?” he asks. Sungmin looks up at him from the menu. “It was great. I met a lot of different people and had fun.” he says looking back down at the menu. “It was like it would be living anywhere. It has its ups and downs. But I’m glad to finally be back here.” he adds.

Kyuhyun nods. “What about your job? What did you do about that when moving back here?” he asks. Sungmin sits the menu down. “Oh, I though Samona told you. The girls’ dad decided to give me a job at his company.” he answers. Kyuhyun nods. “Yeah, Myung Ki said that they lost a few employees. I just you came back at a good time.” he says Sungmin nods.

“What about you? How’s your job going?” Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun shrugs. “It’s okay. It’s getting a little boring but it’s fine.” he says. “We’re getting new people in and I have to lead the training team.” he adds. “Wish we were younger, when we didn’t worry about our jobs.” he says. Sungmin nods. “I know. Those were the days. Years ago.” he says.

Hei walks back over to the table. “Okay, ready to order?” she asks. The two nods. Hei takes a note pad out of her pocket. As they tell her what they want, she walks it down on the note pad. After rechecking what they ordered, Hei nods, leaving the table and walking to the kitchen, placing in their order.

“I’m glad that everyone is still together after all these years.” Sungmin says. Kyuhyun nods. “Yeah, but our group has been through a lot. There’s no way we’ll ever split up for good.” he says. “An example of that is you coming back.” he adds. Sungmin nods. “That’s true. I did come back because I missed everyone.” he says. “People just can’t replace those that are in our group.”

Kyuhyun lets out a small laugh. “That’ll be impossible to do.” he says. “There’s no way a double of the characters we have.” he adds making Sungmin laugh. Sungmin smiles. “But hey, that’s why we all hang out with each other. We’re all one of a kind.” he says. Kyuhyun nods. “In some cases that’s a good thing.” he says.

Sungmin looks at him. “Oh you mean like in your case?” he asks. Kyuhyun raises a brow. “What do you mean my case?” he asks. Sungmin raises a brow back at him. “What do you mean ‘What do I mean?’ You’re a bully to your hyungs.” he says. Kyuhyun tilts his head. “That is true.” he says. Sungmin nods. “Yeah, it is. But as I said, we’re all one of a kind.” he says. Sungmin looks at him. “Oh, I remembered something I wanted to ask.” he says.

“I haven’t heard from SunHi. Where is she?” Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun stops and looks at him. “Oh, I guess Eunhyuk or the others didn’t tell you.” he says. “SunHi died a year and a half ago.” he informs. Sungmin blinks. “What? Why wasn’t I told?” he asks. Kyuhyun shrugs. “The others probably thought you already had a lot on your plate at the time. Plus you two weren't really friends. 'Friends' isn't the word to describe the relationship.” he says.

“Well, what about Kwang-Sun, MiSun, and JaeSun? Where are they?” Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun shakes his head. “Don’t worry. They live with me.” he says. Sungmin nods. “That’s good to know. It must be fun living with kids.” he says. Kyuhyun shakes his head again. “You have no idea.” he says. Just as Sungmin was about to ask another question, Kyuhyun’s phone rings.

Kyuhyun takes his phone out of his pocket. He looks at the screen and presses a button before putting the phone to his ear. “What happened this time?” he asks the person on the other line. After a moment, Kyuhyun sighs. “I’ll be right there.” he says. “Bye.” Kyuhyun hangs up the phone. He then looks at Sungmin. “We have to go.” he says. Sungmin nods.

The two stands up. “Hey, Hei, we have to go. Just charge the bill to the tap.” he says. Hei looks at him. “They caused some type of trouble again?” she asks. Kyuhyun nods. “Don’t they always.” he says. Kyuhyun walks out the restaurant with Sungmin behind him. The two immediately get into the car and within a minute they were off.

Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun. “I’m guessing things like this happen a lot.” he says. Kyuhyun nods. “In my house, yes.” he answers. Sungmin blinks. “It’s nothing serious is it? I should be alarmed right?” he asks. Kyuhyun shakes his head. “By the way they sound on the phone call; no you should have nothing to worry about. It’s probably not too serious.” he replies.

Within minutes, the car was parked in front of a light blue house. The two gets out the car and Sungmin follows Kyuhyun up to the house. Kyuhyun takes a key out of his pocket and unlocks the door. Following Kyuhyun into the house, Sungmin looks around. “Hey, I’m home.” Kyuhyun calls out as he immediately takes off his shoes and walks down a hall leaving Sungmin there.

“Kyuhyun.” Sungmin calls after him. Getting no answer back, Sungmin sighs as removes his shoes. Just as Sungmin was about to walk down the hall a small boy runs past him. Sungmin raises a brow when two more boys run pass him. He was about to call after them but stops when he feels someone tap him.

Sungmin turns around to see a little girl standing there. “Hello.” he greets. The little girl bows. “I’m MinKyung. You’re Sungmin right?” she asks. Sungmin nods. “Okay then.” MinKyung says before taking Sungmin’s hand. “Follow me.” she says pulling at his arm. Confused, Sungmin lets her pull him down the hall.

As he allowed MinKyung to pull him down the hall, others ran pass them. Sungmin was sure that some of them he was seeing more than once. Turning a corner, Sungmin sees two older looking kids standing outside the doorway of a room. MinKyung and Sungmin stops walking next to them. “Oh hey, you’re Sungmin.” the older girl says. Sungmin nods before looking into the room.

Kyuhyun kneeled on the floor in front of another little girl. “You all are something else.” he says. “I have to hand it to all of you because you went at least a month without someone getting hurt.” he says. He wraps an ice pack wrapped in a piece of cloth around the little girl’s knee. “Be careful. This ice pack should help.” he says.

Sungmin looks around at the other kids. With them all just standing around, he was able to count 8 of them all together. Kyuhyun stands up and turns around. “MiSun, we’re you suppose to be watching over them?” he asks. The older girl that addressed Sungmin minutes ago shakes her head. “Hey don’t blame only me. You also have Kwang-Sun right here who’s the oldest of all of us.” she says pointing to the boy next to her.

“Hey don’t blame me. He pointed you out.” Kwang-Sun says. Kyuhyun sighs and waves his hand at the two, stopping them from arguing. Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin. “Yeah seem a little confused.” he says. Sungmin nods. “Yeah, because I Am.” he says. MiSun looks at Kyuhyun. “I don’t think he was expecting 8 of us.” she says. Kwang-Sun also looks at Sungmin. “Okay to official point this out. Yes, we all do live here and Kyuhyun’s our father.” he says.