IML - Chapter 9

In My Life [Hiatus]

 

Chapter 9

Yawning, Sungmin sits back onto the couch in the living room. It was late in the afternoon and the whole day has been rarely eventful. Most of the kids were gone. Only ones still in the house was Kwang-Sun, MiSun, and JaeSun. And soon, they would be leaving too. Their father was coming to pick them up and they would be staying with him for the next two weeks.

With the school year ending last Friday, all the kids found other places to go. JungHee, SangHee, and MunHee went to go visit their mom and the family members that were taking care of her. As for the twins, they were spending the weekend at friends’ houses for sleepovers. Hearing voices come closer, Sungmin looks up from his book to see the three kids walk into the room followed by Kyuhyun.

“So are you three all packed for your stay?” Sungmin asks lowering his book. The three nods as they sit down in the chairs. Kyuhyun sits down on the couch next to Sungmin. “Yeah, they’re all set. Just made sure.” he states. Sungmin nods. “Ah, it’s going to be so quiet in this house this weekend.” he says.

“You should enjoy the quietness when it comes.” Kwang-Sun says. MiSun nods. “Yeah, as you’ve experienced, this house it hardly ever quiet.” she adds. Sungmin nods. “Yeah, that is true.” he says. “It’s just going to seem weird.” he says. Kyuhyun looks at him. “It does. It sometimes makes you miss all the noise.” he says.

“Yeah, but when it comes back, you’re going to hate yourself for not enjoying it more.” JaeSun says. Kyuhyun looks at him. “That’s true too.” he says. “But it can’t be helped.” he says. Sungmin nods before looking back down at his book. “Since it’s the summer, when everyone’s back, we should just plan something. Like a picnic in the park or something like that.” he says.

The others look at him before looking at each other. “Ah, that would be a good idea.” MiSun says. The other three nods. “Yeah, we can invite everyone else too. It’ll be like a big get-together.”  JaeSun says. Kyuhyun shrugs. “It does sound like a nice idea. We’ll plan it later, when everyone’s back.” he states.

A few minutes later, the sound of beeping was heard from in front of the house. Standing up, Kyuhyun moves to the living room window and looks through the blinds. “Hey, it’s your dad. Go get your things so that you’re readying when he comes in.” Kyuhyun states turning towards the kids. Nodding, the three leave the living room and makes their way up stairs.

A knock at the door came a second later. Sungmin halfway listened as the door opens and Kyuhyun greets the man. A second later the two made their way into the living room. “They just went to get there bags. They should be down in a minute.” Kyuhyun says to the black haired man standing next to him.

Kyuhyun then turns and looks at Sungmin, who was still reading his book. Walking to the back for the couch, Kyuhyun pats Sungmin on the shoulder to get his attention. “I should introduce you two.” he says taking Sungmin’s book away from him when Sungmin keep his eyes on the book. “This one right here is Lee Sungmin.” Kyuhyun says looking back at the man. “Sungmin, this is D-”

“DaeHyun?” Kyuhyun looks back at Sungmin to see him staring at the man. Sungmin immediately stands up before going over to the man and hugging him. “It’s been forever Sungmin. We haven’t been keeping in touch like we said we would.” DaeHyun says hugging the boy back.

A cough makes the two break apart and turn to look at a confused looking Kyuhyun. “You two know each other?” he asks. The two nods. “Yeah, remember when I went to America for about 2 years for schooling?” DaeHyun asks. “Well, Sungmin was one of the first people I meet there.” he says.

“Oh, so you two went to school together?”  Kyuhyun asks. The two nods. “Yeah, it’s such a small world after all. I didn’t expect the Sungmin that you always mentioned was this Sungmin.” DaeHyun says. Sungmin nods. “Yeah, I should have thought about it when you said you had three kids. Now that I think about it, there was once when you mentioned SunHi.” he says.

DaeHyun nods. “Yeah, I think it was the second date.” he says. Sungmin nods. “Yeah, but I guess I never thought about it, because who knows how many SunHi there are in the world.” he says. DaeHyun shrugs. “That’s true.”

“Second date?” Kyuhyun asks, getting their attention once again. Sungmin scratches his head. “Yeah, we dated for about a year.” he answers. “But we ended on good terms.” he adds. Sungmin then walks back over to the couch and sits down again. He then takes his book back from Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin before looking at DaeHyun. “Sooo… Why did you two break up?” he asks. DaeHyun shrugs. “Well one of the reasons was because the closer we got the more siblings-feel or relationship took.” he states. Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin who, thought was back to reading his book, nods his head in agreement.

“One of the reasons…” Kyuhyun repeats. “What was the others ones?” he asks. DaeHyun looks at Sungmin before looking back to Kyuhyun. “Oh, well there was only one other reason.” he says. “It was that Sungmin was already in love with someone else.” he states. Kyuhyun blinks. “Oh, really? Who was it?” he asks.

Sungmin lets out a small snort. “Who do you think?” he asks not looking up from his book.  A small smile appears on Kyuhyun’s face as he looks at Sungmin. His smile then falls as he looks back at DaeHyun. “So you two dated for like a year. So does that mean that you two…” Kyuhyun stops, thinking of what words to use. “Did you two…” Kyuhyun scratches his head, not really knowing if he truly wanted the answer or not.

DaeHyun tilts his head as he looks at Kyuhyun. His eyes then widen, understanding what Kyuhyun was trying to ask. “Oh! That.” he says. “No, we never had .” he answers. “The reason is the same as the last one told earlier.” he adds. Kyuhyun looks at him. “Really? Why is that?” he asks. DaeHyun looks at him.

“Well think about it. He’s in love with someone else.” DaeHyun starts. “Would I really want to start something physical with him only for him to, in the end, call out someone else’s name instead of mine.” he states. Kyuhyun nods. “Yeah, I see your point.” he says.

“So, you thought about it.” Kyuhyun says. “Like as if it’s happened before or something.” he says. DaeHyun nods as he lets out a small laugh. “Oh it did.” he states before pointing to the reading boy. “Let’s just say that Sungmin went through a little phase were that happened a couple of time when he was with others.” he reveals.

Wide-eyed, Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin, to see him moving the book closer to his face and sliding down against the couch. “Oh really now?” he asks a smirk appearing on his face. He could see Sungmin’s face beginning to turn red. Kyuhyun then looks at DaeHyun. “Thanks for the information. It’s very useful.” he says making the other laugh.

“Okay, we’re ready.” MiSun’s voice calls as they hear the three running down the stairs. As they come into the living room, the three greets their dad with hugs. “So, what’s with the smile on your face?” JaeSun asks Kyuhyun. Kwang-Sun looks at their dad. “You said something to boast his ego didn’t you?” he asks.

MiSun lightly slaps DaeHyun’s arm. “You’re not supposed to do that. He has enough ego already.” she says making DaeHyun laugh. Kyuhyun lets out a small snort. “There’s nothing wrong with my ego. It’s perfectly fine.” he says. The others in the room shake her heads.

“Oh, time to go.” DaeHyun says looking at his watch.  Nodding, the three kids move over to Sungmin. Sitting his book down, Sungmin stands up. “I’ll see you three when you get back. Have a great time.” he says hugging them. As they walk over to Kyuhyun, Sungmin move to DaeHyun and hugs him. “We must plan to get together sometime. Catch up on what’s been going on.” DaeHyun says.

Sungmin nods. “Yeah, that’ll be great.” he says smiling. Sungmin then moves back to the couch as DaeHyun follows the others out the living room and to the door. After a minute of last minute talking, Kyuhyun says bye to the four as they walk out the house. Only shutting the door when the car was out of view.

Locking the door, he then makes his way back to the living room. As he walks in, he sees that Sungmin was once again reading the book.  “Not today.” Kyuhyun whispers as a smirk appears on his face. He then walks up to the back of the couch, standing behind Sungmin. He then places his hands on top of Sungmin’s shoulders.

“So, Sungmin… DaeHyun revealed some very interesting stuff a minute ago. Wanna tell me about it?” Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shakes his head, raising the book closer to his face. “No, thank you, I’m reading.” he states. The smile on Kyuhyun’s face grows better.

“Ah, why not? I think it would be interesting to hear.” Kyuhyun says. Sungmin looks at his watch and closes his book. “Oh, look at the time. Time to go to sleep.” he states. As he leans forward to stand up, Kyuhyun pulls him back onto the couch. Kyuhyun then pats him on the shoulders. “Oh really? I thought it would be fun to hear what happened.” he says.

Sungmin shakes his head. “It’s getting late. It’s been kind of an emotional day saying by to most of the kids for the summer. We should get some rest and go to sleep.” he says. Kyuhyun shrugs. “Ah, you’re pushing toward sleep strongly.” he says. “Well then how about you tell me a bedtime story. I know a story that would be nice to hear. It’s one that I haven’t heard before.”

“You’re too old for bedtime stories.” Sungmin states. Kyuhyun lets out a small laugh before removing his hands from the boy’s shoulder. As Sungmin tries to stand up again, Kyuhyun immediately circles the couch and moves to stand in front of Sungmin. Taking Sungmin’s hand, Kyuhyun helps him stand up before pulling Sungmin to him.

Their faces inches apart, Kyuhyun smiles. “One way or another, I’m going to be told these events. I’ll just find out later. So, it’s okay if you don’t have to tell me now.” he states before closing the distance between them. As Sungmin sighs into the kiss, Kyuhyun entwines his hand with Sungmin’s.

Separating, Kyuhyun smiles. Giving Sungmin’s hand a slight squeeze, Kyuhyun moves, pulling Sungmin with him. Bring him around the couch; Kyuhyun leads Sungmin out the living room and down the hall. Nothing was said as they make their way toward Kyuhyun’s room.

Once in the room, Kyuhyun closes the door before gently pushing Sungmin against it. Pulling Sungmin into another kiss, Kyuhyun presses against him, trapping Sungmin between himself and the door. Sungmin lets out a short gasp as he feels Kyuhyun bite lightly on his bottom lip.

Taking advantage of the situation, Kyuhyun slides his tongue into Sungmin’s mouth. It didn’t take long for Sungmin to react back using his own tongue. The kiss becomes even more heated as the two battles for dominance. The two break apart breathing heavily.

“Kyuhyun.” Sungmin whispers. Kyuhyun places a kiss on his lips again before leaving a trail going down Sungmin’s jaw line and down his neck. Sungmin lets out a small gasp as Kyuhyun bites down, living a mark on his neck.

Kissing back up, Kyuhyun kissing Sungmin on the lips again. Pulling away, Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun. “Kyuhyun, don’t focus on the past events.” he says. “It doesn’t matter because I’m yours.” he adds. Kyuhyun smiles as he looks back at him. “All I needed to know.” he says before kissing Sungmin again. This time the kiss was softer and sweeter.

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

A.N.: And that’s Chapter 9. :D

Sorry, you’ll have to wait another chapter for the KyuMin love.

Why? Because even though I have the scene in my head, it doesn’t want to come out when I start trying to type it. D:

Also because this chapter actually came out longer when I thought it would be. But hey, I’m not complaining. XD

But anyways, that’s Chapter 9. I hope you like it. ^-^

See ya next time.

~Samona