Prologue

In My Life [Hiatus]

Prologue

Yawning, Sungmin unlocks his door and walks inside. He shuts the door behind him as he takes off his shoes. Walking into the living room, Sungmin throws his bag on the couch as he walks over to a side table where the house phone sat. Pushing a few buttons, he looks through the missed call list. He sighs and shakes his head as he sees the same number pop up many times. Sungmin picks up the cordless receiver and walks to the couch. Sitting down, he dials the multi-missed number. It didn't take long for the other line to pick up.

“Finally you call back.” a voice greets.
“You know you shouldn't answer the phone like that Heechul.”
“Yeah well I shouldn't do a lot of things, so too bad.”
“So Chullie, why were you calling so much?”
“Because I needed to talk to you”
“Well why didn't you call my cell phone?”
“Ugh, too much work. You should have just been home.”
“Well sorry for trying to make a living and having a job.”
“Yeah, you should be.” Heechul says making Sungmin laugh.
“Sorry Princess. Okay, so what's up?”
“You're still coming back right?”
“Yeah, in three weeks”
“Good, that's what I wanted to know.”
“Why?”
“Because, I needed to know.”
“Why?”
“Because, I have a surprise for you. Hold on.”
“Okay.” Sungmin replies, wondering why Heechul seemed so cheerful

“Okay, are you ready?” Heechul asks a moment later.
“Sure, I guess so.” Sungmin replies and he hears movement on the other side of the line.
“Hello?” Comes a voice a second later and Sungmin almost dropped the phone recognizing the voice.
“Kyuhyun?”
“Hyung, it's been awhile.” he says and Sungmin could just tell he was smiling .
“Yeah, sorry about that. How have you been?”
“Yeah, me too. It's been crazy here. What about you?”
“Well a little boring here. I quit my job and tomorrow is my last day.”
“Yeah Heechul and Eunhyuk told us that you're moving back.”
“Yep. I'm almost packed all up and I should be back in three weeks.”
“Have you found a place to stay?”
“Yeah. I've been looking and Heechul was able to find me an apartment that's in walking distance from his.”
“So you'll be staying there?”
“Yeah, I talked to the landlord and the family that lived there is moving out. So when they're gone, I'm in. That's why I have to wait for three weeks.
“Landlord has to make sure that everything is okay with the place before you move in.”
“Yeah. And I'm happy to come back.”
“We can't wait to see you again.”

After seconds of silence, Sungmin could hear Kyuhyun talking into the background to others, who Sungmin pointed out to be Heechul and Kangin. After a few minutes of the three arguing, Kyuhyun speaks into the phone.
“So um, Sungmin?” he asks.
“Yes?”
“When you come back I'll love to take you to dinner as a welcome back.”
“Um, sure. That'll be nice.” Sungmin replies and he could hear Heechul and Kangin snickering in the background.
“Okay, well, um. I'll talk to you soon.” Kyuhyun says.
“Yeah, okay. Have fun with those two.”
“Okay. Bye.”
“Bye.”

Moving the phone from his ear, Sungmin hangs it up and sits it on the table. Sighing he sits back on the couch and closes his eyes. He really did miss the others. I mean sure he had friends here, but no one could compare to the craziness of the group. Since he moved, it's been completely impossible for him to go back and visit. He worked nearly 24/7, 3 jobs. Only time he took off was when he got sick. He was happy to be finally going back.

Sighing again, Sungmin opens his eyes and stands up. 'Well time to finish packing.' he says as he stretches and walks to his room.

To be continued…

--

A/N: Yeah this chapter is short I know, but it’s just the Prologue. So the first official chapter will be longer. But yeah the story line for this has been bugging me for about a week, so I finally decided to write it out. I plan for this story to be filled with surprises. So I hope you all will like it as it goes on.