Chapter 9.

I'd Wait An Eternity For You

The music to EXO-M’s title song “MAMA” started to play and the screaming of their fans were heard as the guys stepped out. Your eyes searched for Yixing immediately, the concentration on his face and the edgy movements of his dancing made him stand out amongst his five band mates. They then performed “History” before the show officially started. They stood in a row and introduced themselves to the audience. Yixing managed to say his introduction without pausing this time, he’s finally getting used to being Lay. You continued to watch the show in complete and utter awe. The way he spoke and the way he smiled made you realize that Yixing is still the same dork that you fell in love with. The persona he portrays as Lay is simply taller and slightly more mature; he’s still the same Yixing that tickled your sides whenever he wanted things to go his way and the same Yixing that would carry your backpack despite all the dirty looks he got from his male classmates. As the recording continued, it was time for the members to show off their talents and Yixing was going to dance. You caught the smirk that displayed on Yixing’s face when the music and chuckled lightly. Still the same amount of confidence in his dancing too.

 
When the show had finally ended the monitors turned black as the cameras recording the show turned off. You felt your chair move and looked up at your parents.
 
“He’s still the same Yixing as before, glad to know that fame didn’t get to his head.” Your mother smacked your father’s head lightly as the words left his mouth.
 
“Of course he is.” Your eyes crinkled slightly from smiling at the actions of your parents, they’re awfully proud of him as well.
 
While the five of you waited for someone to come into the room and signal that it was safe to leave you felt a sharp pain in your stomach. Afraid that your parents would take you out of the room immediately while Yixing was still in the building you clutched your sides lightly and hoped that no one else would notice. Your clenched your teeth and tried your best to hold in any signs of pain you were feeling but it was becoming too much for you to bear. It felt like someone had taken your stomach out with their bare hands, you let out a painful scream as your entire upper body began to pulsate from the pain you felt.
 
Peiyun!” Your parents were by your side in a flash. Your vision started to blur and your head was spinning. You heard the footsteps of your nurses and the opening of your door. You wanted to tell them no, you wanted to tell them to leave after its safe, you wanted to tell them to wait until Yixing was gone but you couldn’t. Before the words could even leave your mouth, you out.
 
 
 
Yixing was talking to his parents while walking backstage with the rest of s, the looks of envy are obvious on their faces.
 
“You were awesome Yixing, we’re so proud of you! Make sure to take care of yourself when you go back to Beijing tonight okay?” His mother pulled Yixing into a hug and kissed him on the cheek. The looks of envy that s had on their faces disappeared.
 
“Mom, the guys are watching.”
 
“And what’s wrong with that? I bet their mothers still hug them and kiss their cheeks too. Come here.” Yixing’s mother cup her son’s face and kissed him again.
 
Haha, that’s right Yixing, your mother is just showing you some love.” Yixing’s band mate and leader Kris spoke up as he laughed at Yixing.
 
“See, nothing to be embarrassed about Yixing!” Yixing looked up at his father with pleading eyes as his mother took his hand.
 
“Honey, that’s enough he’s a grown man now, you’re embarrassing him!”
 
Aiya, fine fine.” Yixing’s mother let go of his hand and continued to talk to Yixing, they wanted to talk about as much as they could before he had to leave.
 
“Call us when you get back to your dorm okay?”
 
“Yeah, I will, don’t worry!” Yixing waited for his mother to reply but grew confused at the expression on her face. Without a second thought Yixing’s mother called out your name and sprinted up front. Yixing looked up at his father, confused as to why his mother was calling out to Peiyun, isn’t she in Canada?
 
“Sorry son, we’ll explain this to you later, right now I have to go. You did a wonderful job today. Bye!” With that his father started to sprint in the same direction as his mother. Yixing’s eyes followed the path his father took and saw your parents running as well, your father was carrying someone in a hospital gown. Yixing’s eyes widened as the realization hit him, is that Peiyun? His feet began to move quickly as he chased his parents, ignoring his confused band mates who were calling his name. He ran with all his might only for a crowd of screaming fan girls to block his path. His eyes scanned the area and saw that your father was putting you in the backseat of his car.
 
Peiyun!!!” Yixing called out your name, unsure of what he was hoping to accomplish by doing so. He tried getting through the mob of girls in front of him but it was no use there was just too many of them; your father’s car had left already. Peiyun, what’s going on? Yixing fell to the floor as a number of scenarios flooded his mind, he didn’t even care that his fans and band mates were staring at him in worry. 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Double update today haha, I hope you guys enjoyed Chapter 8 and 9 ^^