Chapter 14.

I'd Wait An Eternity For You

You woke up the next morning to the sound of chatter right outside your room. You opened your eyes and glanced at your surroundings, a white dress was hanging on the door of your closet. You got up your bed slowly and moved over to the wheelchair right next to you. You looked over to your right and a note was sitting on your desk.

 
Peiyun, text your mom when you wake up so she can help you get into the dress hanging on your closet door.”
 
You took your phone out and texted your mother, much to your surprise she appeared in your room right away. That’s when you realized that the chatter you heard earlier was between your mother and Yixing’s mother. You eyed your mother suspiciously then pointed to the dress. Of course, even without you having to point at the dress your mother knew what she was supposed to do. She helped you put on the dress right away. When she was done Yixing’s mother poked her head into the room with a wig and makeup kit in her hands. You had a feeling of what they were up to.
 
When Yixing’s mother finished up your make up you looked into the mirror in awe, if it wasn’t for the wheel chair, no one would know that you’re a cancer patient. You thanked her with a smile and she rested her hand on your shoulders.
 
“You’re welcome sweetheart.” Your mother pushed you out to the back and you looked at your backyard in admiration. There were white chairs set up in rows, balloons and flowers decorating the area while a pedestal was in the front.
 
“Yixing planned this himself, he invited s and all of the close friends the two of you shared while you were still in school. He didn’t forget your doctor and the nurses either. Everybody will be here in about four hours.” Your mother explained everything to you but you could barely registered what she was saying, you’re actually getting married to Yixing.
 
Peiyun? Are you listening to me?” Your mother realized that your attention was elsewhere while she spoke.
 
Haha, let her be, I think she’s trying to absorb all this right now.” Your mother looked at you with a smile.
 
“You’re right, she probably wants to see Yixing right now.” Just then as if Yixing was reading your mother’s mind, Yixing arrived at your house in his tuxedo. He headed for the backdoor and held his finger against his lips so that the two mothers would keep quiet about his appearance. They left the backyard quickly to give you and Yixing some time alone. Yixing s arms across your neck and rested his chin on your shoulders, shocking you a little in the process.
 
“Do you like it? I kept it simple since I know you’re not into anything grand or fancy.” You nodded and turned your head to the side to face Yixing. He kissed your nose lightly then moved so that he was crouching in front of you, he didn’t want you straining your neck to look at him.
 
Peiyun, I’m probably the happiest guy on earth right now. I love you so much, I just want to let the world know that you’re mine right now.” Yixing took your hand in his and placed it on his chest. “Do you feel that? My heart still races when I’m with you.” And you did feel it, the way his heart beat heavily against his chest matched the heartbeat you were currently having. The feelings are mutual, both just as strong as the other.
 
You’re sitting in your room while the guests arrived, Yixing’s mother brushing your hair and fixing your makeup one last time before opening the door, bringing you to your father. The guests were all seated by now, waiting for the bride to be to come out. Your father motioned to your mother to signal that you were ready and you heard the melody to your favourite EXO song play. The vocals though, were live. You father then pushed you out, leading you to the man of your dreams. Tears were shed by some of the females in the audience, all eyes were on you except for yours. The only person you could see right now is Yixing. As Yixing sang his line to the song you finally reached the front, Yixing’s classic dimple smile framed his face while his hands reached out to yours. You lifted your hands and set it on top of his, a fond memory sneaking itself into your mind while the pastor’s voice got softer and softer.
 
Peiyun! Come down here right now, the new neighbors have moved in! It’ll be rude if you don’t say hi!”
 
“But daddy, I don’t want to.”
 
Peiyun! Get down here this instant!” Your father raised his voice and it scared you, your tiny feet raced down the staircase right away. Your father had his shoes on already and waited for you at the front door. You slipped your shoes on and held your father’s hand. When the two of you reached the house of your new neighbor you were greeted by a friendly looking woman and a boy who looked about your age.
 
“Hi! We just came by to welcome you to the neighborhood. My wife is running some errands right now but she told me to invite you guys over for dinner. How does that sound?”
 
“Oh that sounds lovely, we would love to!” The woman in front of you noticed you hiding behind your father and crouched down in front of you.
 
Aww, why hello there, what’s your name?” She was smiling and patted you on the head softly, you got scared and hid behind your father’s legs, clutching onto his pants.
 
“Mom, I think you scared her.” The boy who was standing next to the woman reached his hand out for you to shake.
 
“Hi! My name is Zhang Yi Xing; it’s nice to meet you. What’s your name?”  You eyed his hands suspiciously and stayed hidden. Yixing noticed this and wiped his hands against his pants awkwardly.
 
“There, it’s not dirty so you don’t have to worry!” He reached his hands out again, a cute smile plastered on his face. You looked up at your father then walked forward, taking your hand out to shake his.
 
 
“At this time, I’ll ask you to please face each other and take each other’s hands.” Breaking out of your trance, you felt your mother push your wheelchair so that you could face Yixing. “Zhang Yi Xing, do you take Fan Pei Yun to be your lawfully wedded wife?”
 
“I do.”
 
“And do you, Fan Pei Yun, do you take Zhang Yi Xing to be your lawfully wedded husband?”
 
Although quiet and only audible to the pastor and Yixing’s ears you spoke with a small tremor in your voice from the tears threatening to fall.
 
“.. I do.”
 
“I now pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss the bride.” Cheers and applauses could be heard in the audience when Yixing pressed his lips against yours. Your heart flutter from the reality of what had just occurred, you’re really Yixing’s wife now.
 
Your day was spent in complete and utter happiness, you spent the day with Yixing by your side and to the smiling faces of your guests. Due to the fact that Yixing only invited those you truly matter Yixing’s mother and your mother were able to cook for the wedding party. You were taking a bite of the food your mother specially made for you due to your throat when Yixing let go of your hand gently and stood up, tapping his glass to get the attention of his guests. 
 
“I’d like to take this time to say something to everybody here right now.” The guests quieted down turned their attention to Yixing. “I want to thank everybody here so much for coming and at such short notice. It really means a lot to me to have the people I care about witness this unforgettable day, for being here while I get to marry the most remarkable girl in this world.” Yixing took your hand in yours once again and looked out to his friends and family. “I’ve known Peiyun for thirteen years now, we met when I moved here at the age of seven and since then I knew she’d be the only girl for me. We became best friends quickly, and spent most of our time at school together. I remember being made fun of by my classmates for being so close to a girl but that didn’t stop me. We were thirteen by the time I was brave enough to confess and stayed together since then. From cheering me on during my singing competitions to supporting me as a trainee in SM, Peiyun has always been there for me during the most important moments of my life.” Yixing looked down at you now. “Peiyun, I want to thank you in front of all these people for being there for me, for agreeing to spend your life with a guy like me. I love you.” The guests all stood up after Yixing’s speech, clapping and cheering for the beautiful couple in front of them. The meaning of true love was witnessed by those who attended your wedding night.
 
While saying goodbye to your guests and thanking them for coming, Yixing’s hand never left yours. Now only your parents and Yixing’s two managers and the members of EXO remained.
 
“Yixing, we have to head out soon.” That’s when it hit you, Yixing’s schedule is starting again, he has a concert in Tokyo for SM Town tomorrow.
 
“I know, you guys go first, I want some alone time with my wife.” Yixing’s manager acknowledged his request and congratulated the two of you one last time before motioning for the eleven members to follow him. When they were no longer in sight Yixing pushed you inside the house and took you to your room. He didn’t want anybody to disturb you.
 
“I’m sorry that I have to leave at a time like this, I’d take you with me but I don’t think that’d be a good idea. I’ll be back right after the concert though, we don’t have a schedule planned the day afterwards and I’ve already perfected the dance steps to our next song. They’re giving me permission to skip that practice.” You nodded your head, showing Yixing that you understand where he’s coming from. Just because the two of you got married doesn’t mean he can suddenly stop being an idol. He’ll only get busier once the promotions to their next song starts.
 
“I still can’t believe that we’re actually married, can you Peiyun?” You smiled and shook your head, everything seemed so surreal.
 
“It feels like the perfect dream come true to me. What more can I ask for than to have you by my side?” Yixing caressed your face and kissed you, this was the first time a kiss between the two of you lasted longer than three seconds. It was soft and filled with emotion, you could practically feel how much Yixing loves you from the way his lips pressed against yours. 
 
“Bye Peiyun, I’ll be back before you know it.” Yixing let go of your hands reluctantly and kissed your forehead one last time before pushing you out to your parents. He gave them each a hug and left the front door. You stared at the space that he had occupied only moments ago, you’ll have to wait until he comes back again. 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright so there is only one more chapter left before I end this story, my goal was to reach 100 subscribers before posting the last chapter but due to my exams I would have to wait three days before I can post that chapter and I would definitely NOT want to torture my readers like that haha. Although I didn’t reach my goal I really enjoyed the comments everybody left me. It’s nice to know that I was able to evoke the right emotions out of my audience! Thank you sooo much to the 83 of you who took the time to subscribe and read my story!

I also wanna give a shout out to those who have been leaving lovely comments on this fanfic!

DeepInside, LavishlyLay, myguardianangelsuho, MurderousIntent, Oppa_faster, Cheonie, hyohunnie29, Crayon_, parktaemi, soorinchoi, Salttea, iminlovewifLJH, cuteninja8, VampireKnightFan4Eva, mybiasistop, ktriareeses, libbythilavan, lina-chan, BowzNrain, Reina3664423, kryin1213, Seohyun4ever, miseumong, AceShawol, TaeminIsBigHeart, musiclovergirl86, abiness, Titanium, Swaggerlicious, jellylovesyou, MarshmallowLove, HunniBunniLuver, starrfire96, aozora, blockbangel       

Thank you guys so much~! I hope the next chapter won’t disappoint you guys~! <3