Final.

I'd Wait An Eternity For You

Two months have passed since you and Yixing got married. Yixing's fans took the news better than you had expected and EXO-M’s popularity only continued to increase. Their second album did really well but that also meant less time for you and Yixing to spend together. You're currently sitting backstage with your parents and parent in-laws at the most important award show of Yixing’s life. You couldn’t believe that Changsa was chosen to host the award show this year. Despite the fact that you’ve had a headache since the morning and your stomach has been giving you pain, you tried your best to ignore it. You wouldn’t miss this event for the world. They’ll be announcing the winner to this year’s rookie of the year award soon.

 
“And this year’s winner to our rookie of the year goes to….” The sound of a drum roll was heard and the audience grew quiet. “EXO-M!” The screaming of their fans exploded, females and males alike were cheering and clapping for the group that walked on stage. You yourself wanted to scream, you’re so happy for Yixing. Kris finished his thank you speech in tears before passing the mic to the rest of the members, letting them all get a turn to say something to their fans. The last person he handed the mic to was Yixing.
 
“I’m always afraid of what you have to say when you ask for the mic but I’m giving it to you willingly this time. Don’t say anything weird.” Their fans in the audience began to laugh at the idols they looke up to. You felt your chair move and panicked, Yixing’s manager was pushing you on stage. You were worried at first but the amount of people cheering your name surprised you. They have never seen you before but they knew who you were immediately. Yixing was about to open his mouth to say something witty in response to Kris but stopped when his fans started chanting your name. Turning around, his eyes were wide and in surprise that his manager had brought you out as well.
 
“Oh.. Peiyun.” Yixing walked over and took the handles of your wheelchair into his own hands. Thanking his manger quickly before bring you up to the front. “Guys, I want you to meet the love of my life, Peiyun. She’s the reason I’m able to stand here on this stage right now.” His fans all started to cheer, while the members of EXO-M circled around you. They had finished passing their trophy around and handed it to Yixing since it was his turn to talk. “Thank you guys for accepting her and acknowledging the love I have for her. Thank you guys for supporting me and allowing me to show Peiyun what I’m capable of. I’m really happy to be receiving this award with these dorks over here. I can’t believe we’ve actually made it this far.” Yixing bit his lips as his tears began to fall. “I’ve had my doubts and moments when I wanted to give up but Peiyun here gave me the strength to keep going. She’s the reason that I was able to embrace my identity as Lay without changing who I truly am. No words can reflect the emotions I’m feeling right now. Just thank you thank you thank you!” Before ending his speech Yixing pointed back stage. “I also want to thank my parents for letting me pursue my dream and my parent’s in-law for bringing this wonderful girl into this world. I love you guys!” The audience began cheering again, applauding EXO-M on their win and Yixing for showing everyone in the audience that true love really does exist.
 
 
You were sitting in the back of your father’s car with Yixing next to you. You had spent the past three hours with Yixing and the members of EXO-M celebrating their win. They planned to have another party with K after they returned to Seoul. Tonight though, all the members of M were given an entire day to go back home and celebrate with their family. Your head is resting on Yixing’s shoulders right now, the pain on your face from your stomach completely hidden from him. It wasn’t until the car stopped that he noticed the way your eyebrows were knitted together.
 
“Peiyun, are you okay?” You nodded your head to keep him from worrying but it didn’t work. The pain started to grow and it soon became unbearable.
 
“Peiyun! What’s wrong? Dad! Peiyun’s in pain, we have to get to the hospital right away!” Without a second thought, your father got back into the front seat and sped to the hospital. He didn’t need to explain anything to Yixing’s parents for them to know they should follow him. Your hands are wrapped around Yixing’s neck while he held you, sprinting into the hospital. The nurses recognized you the moment Yixing stepped foot into the building, they called for the doctor and got you into the emergency room instantly.
 
“Sir, we need you to wait outside.” Hesitantly Yixing set you onto the hospital bed and stepped outside, his heart pounding in his chest when the nurse closed the curtain. Please be okay.
 
Minutes later, the doctor and nurses came out with grim expressions. The doctor walked towards Yixing’s father and set a hand on his shoulder.
 
“She doesn’t have much time left. The tumor in her stomach caused her pancreas to shift over which resulted in the rupturing of her gall bladder. I’m so sorry, there isn’t anything we can do. She’s unconscious right now, whether or not she’ll wake up before she goes will depend solely on her own will power.”
 
Yixing ran towards your bed right away, sobbing as he held onto your hands. Your parents and Yixing’s parents are crying as well, they surrounded your bed while looking at you. No one is ready for you to leave yet.
 
“Peiyun, you can’t go now, I have only just begun. I still have so much more to show you, so much more to say to you. Peiyun ah please, I need you.” Yixing’s entire body shook as he clutched your hands, he’s so scared right now. He’s so scared to lose you. “Peiyun, please wake up. Open your eyes Peiyun, please. Don’t leave me”
 
Tired, you felt so tired right now but the pain in Yixing’s voice helped you push through all that exhaustion, you opened your eyes to the tear stained face of Yixing. You knew you’d have to go soon, you’ll have to leave the love of your life behind. Memories that the two of you shared flashed past as you tried to stay awake. From the day the two of you met, to your first day of school together, the first time he told you he loved you, the first time you kissed him back, just everything. Although short, your life has been complete because of Yixing. You looked at your parents before returning your gaze back to Yixing, the reasons as to why you love him suddenly filled your thoughts. From his determination to his child like antics, his charismatic gaze to his endearing smile and his passion to his caring personality, you knew that Zhang Yi Xing would be the only man you'd ever love. The only man to make time stop and race at the same time, the only person to make you cry tears of joy and the only human being in this world to keep your heart beating even when your body lost the ability to fight. You took one last look at his facial features, burning his face into your most treasured memories forever.
 
You opened your mouth to speak but it was too soft for Yixing to hear.
 
“Peiyun I can’t hear you, I’m so sorry can you repeat that?” Yixing brought his ears to your lips and listened to the words you had to say.
 
“Stay strong Yixing, be happy and live your life to your fullest potential. I’m sorry that I can’t be there with you until the very end to witness it all.” Yixing shook his head frantically as those words left your lips.
 
“No Peiyun, I’m not letting you go! No one can take you away from me! I can’t be strong, without you there is no reason for me to live! Peiyun please.” Your heart tore in two from the way Yixing looked at you, from the fear you heard in Yixing’s voice and from the knowledge that he’ll have to face the world on his own but you knew it’s the end for you now. You can feel yourself slipping away already.
 
“Yixing, please promise me you’ll be happy even without me.”
 
“I… can’t… promise you that Peiyun. You’re my only source of happiness.” Yixing is completely broken at this point, the terror of losing you coursed through his shaking body. He isn’t ready to face this reality.
 
“Yixing, please, for me? Be happy for me Yixing, I don’t want to leave this world with any regrets.” Regrets, that alone is enough for Yixing to comply with your wishes. He doesn’t want you to leave with any regrets.
 
“I can’t promise you anything but I’ll try Peiyun. I-I’ll… try.” You smiled at those words, that’s all you needed to hear. With the remainder of the energy you had left you placed your hand on Yixing’s face, wiping the tears that continued to fall.
 
“Don’t cry Yixing, you always look your best when you smile. You can smile for me one last time right?” Yixing tried his best to stop his lips from trembling, a weak smile appeared on his face but the tears never stopped flowing.
 
“That’s better.” Your eyes crinkled and a smile appeared on your face before your hands fell to your sides. Yixing let out a painful cry breaking the hearts of everyone in the room. He buried his face into your chest and hugged your immobile body, begging you to wake up.
 
Goodbye Yixing, thank you for loving me
 
Fin.