Chapter 8.

I'd Wait An Eternity For You

Yixing’s parents left for their flight to Beijing already, they made sure to say goodbye to you even though they would only be gone for two days. The showcase in Seoul just started and their fans were uploading pictures of this live event. The nurse was currently helping you scroll through the videos and pictures of Yixing. You almost couldn’t believe your eyes as you looked at Yixing take that stage as his own. He did it. He hasn’t even had a showcase in China yet and his group is already making headlines. Pride would be an understatement for how you felt right now. You felt happiness for the first time in weeks as you looked at the love of your life live his dreams. His success inspired you to stay strong as well. There are only four more weeks of treatment left before your surgery and although your condition hasn’t improved your body stopped getting weaker as well. You were watching Yixing’s performance of "Angel" with his band mates when your mother came into the room.

 
“Watching Yixing’s videos?” You nodded slowly, your eyes never left the screen that Yixing occupied. Your mother smiled before taking a seat next to your bed, watching Yixing’s performances with you.
 
 
 
Countless days have passed as you continued your treatment. You’re use to the way you looked now and no longer feared the mirror in your washroom. Your doctor had suggested for you to attach a tube to your bladder but you refused to, instead the nurses along with your mother would help you off of your bed whenever you needed to go. You didn’t want to feel any less human than you already did. You were lying down on your bed when you felt the familiar tugging at the bottom of your stomach. You slammed on the red button immediately and prayed that the nurses would get here in time. Your mother had fallen asleep and you stared at the door, trying your best to keep yourself from puking before the nurses got here but it was too late. You rolled to your side and reached for the small garbage can next to your bed. It was there for emergencies and you were glad that you were still capable of reaching for it. You buried your face into the garbage can and began to throw up, tears streamed down your face in the process. Your face was still buried in the garbage can when the nurses rushed in. They were by your side immediately and brought you to the washroom. They were in the middle of cleaning you up when you felt the tugging again. The tears you cried previously weren’t even dry before you began to sob. You hugged the toilet like your life depended on it and puked again. Your throat burned as you cried. It hurt so much, you just wanted all of this to end but you couldn’t let yourself give up. Yixing, I’m really trying my best right now but I don’t know how much longer I can last.
 
It has been two days since what happened and you made sure that the nurses didn’t tell your parents. Your mother ended up sleeping through it all; she must have been so tired that day. You were lying down in bed and resting from your therapy session when Yixing’s mother came running into your room.
 
Peiyun! Yixing just called me and said that he’ll be back in town in two days. He’s going to be filming Happy Camp!” Your eyes widened at the words you just heard. Yixing is coming back home?
 
“I already purchased our tickets and talked to your doctor about this. He says that if your condition stays this way, we can get you there on a wheelchair. We’ll need two nurses to stay with us on the way to make sure your oxygen mask is working. You won’t be able to sit out in the audience but the producers of Happy Camp permitted us to stay in their rooms backstage to watch through a monitor after we told them about your situation. It’s not the same as watching him in person but it’s better than nothing right?” You couldn’t believe this. Not only is Yixing returning to Hunan but you’ll be there to see him as well. Even if it was just backstage, excitement coursed through your body. You finally get to see Yixing.
 
 
 
The day you have been waiting for all week has finally arrived. Your father and two nurses helped you get seated in a wheelchair and made sure your oxygen mask was secured before pushing you out the doors of the room that you have been trapped in. Your frail body looked like a skeleton next to the other people outside of the hospital. You were sitting in the back of your father’s car with your mother and two nurses at your side. Yixing’s parents were driving in the car next to yours. You looked out into the window and stared at the streets you once called home. You haven’t gone out in so long. As you passed your favourite bakery shop, your old high school and the college you were supposed to attend, your chest tightened from the realization that had hit you yet again. You’ve missed out on so much of life already, will you ever be able to go back to the life you had even if you were to recover? You shook the thoughts of your head the moment you arrived at the set of Happy Camp. Today is supposed to be a good day, you’ll get to see Yixing after four long years, you can deal with the foul thoughts later. Your father parked in the back of the studio, away from all the screaming fans before turning off the engine and taking his keys out. He stepped out of the car and got your wheelchair ready as the nurses helped you down. The screaming of teenage females never ceased as your mother pushed you inside; a middle aged man and a slightly younger one were standing by the door waiting for you. The younger one spoke after the middle aged man whispered in his ears.
 
“This must be Peiyun; I’ve heard a lot of amazing things about you from Yixing.” He must be the manager that Yixing told you about. They trust him with everything and that included the things from their personal lives.
 
He smiled at you then your mother and led the two of you to the back. He had a look of slight worry on his face while the middle aged man remained quiet, following you guys. You shrugged it off and looked forward to seeing Yixing’s even if it is only through a monitor. As your mother pushed you into the room you pulled your oxygen mask down slightly, you wanted to thank him for making this a reality.
 
“Thank You.”
 
“You’re welcome, I’ll be sure to keep this a secret from Yixing as well. Please do tell him when you’re ready though, he really loves you.” Your mother helped fix the oxygen mask on your face before bowing at the manager.
 
“Yes, thank you so much.”
 
“Don’t worry about it. Someone else will come get you once the show is over; I have to go take care of the guys now. Bye and Peiyun, Jia You.” He closed the door behind him and you looked around the room. It was a tiny room with three TV’s and chairs in front of each of them. A small couch was pushed against the wall behind the three chairs. You were looking through the monitors when you heard the door open. Your father and your two nurses were fixing the seats of the car when your mother had first pushed you in and had just finished.
 
“Yixing’s parents are out in the audience, they told us they’ll be taking a lot of pictures for you.” Your father grabbed a seat on the couch and patted the seat next to him for your mother. The moved your wheelchair so that you were in between the two of them, giving you a good view of the TV in the center.
 
You looked at the monitor in front of you as the lights began to dim.
 
“Oh, I think they’re starting the show now.” The two nurses each took a seat in front of the other two monitors and watched as well. The angles were slightly awkward but this wasn’t for them, this is for you.