The First Day with Kat Tun

ENERGY

"No, no way!" Elliot denied and made an 'x' with his arms.

"Look man, I wanna be signed just as much as you do!" Gary yelled at the others. "But I'm not giving up my cousin for that." Yami teared at her family's love for her.

"Don't accept," Ren said. The others began aruging again, but Ren raised his hand and silenced them. "First off, I don't get along with Yami but even I know when to be loyal to my leader."

"But Yami is talented!" Erick yelled pointing. "She'll make it with some other company without us! This might be our only chance!"

"Yeah!" Nathan added. Ren knocked the two together so he could speak again.

"Listen!" He roared. No one's ever seen him this angry before, so they stared at him shocked. "We all know Yami can make it far without us! But she's our leader ever since our band got together!"

"Excatly," Elliot said putting his arms around his little sister. "And if she goes, I go too."

"Yami..."Nathan said. "You know we all care for you, we really do. It's just that sometimes we need to be selfish you know? Erick and I have finally got the chance to be famous, we want it really bad!"

Gary sneered at them. "And you're willing to risk losing a few friends along the way?" Elliot and Gary began to argue with Erick and Nathan again as Ren shouted for them to be quiet.

"Let me finish!" Ren growled. "I think I know what's going on. You guys must be idiots. Why do you think Johnny would tell Yami we can use yesterday as a test, compliment us on how amazing our main vocalist is, and then want to kick her out of the band? There has to be a reason why he said yes to her last night, but wants her out now." Everyone stared at him in shock. "WHAT?" The others hid behind Yami, seeing a vein about to burst on his head.

"That's the most you've ever said at once..."Erick commented, earning a glare from Ren.

"Focus! What's your answer?" Ren asked furious. Everyone including Yami began shuffling their feet, unable to think of a reason. "I'm pretty sure this is another test. Let's tell him we won't kick her out of the band."

"Are you really sure?" Gary asked him concerned. "This is a huge risk..."

"Trust me," Ren said. He has always been the most logical one of the group and the observer... It's not like Ren to risk something this important unless he's sure.

"I've known Ren a long time," Elliot stated. "And if he's risking it, then so am I. Besides, ENERGY isn't the same without our Mimi's energy." Yami smiled as the guys came and hugged her. Together, they all went back into Johnny's office.

"No," the guys all stated in unison. Johnny smiled at them as he pulled out a contract.

"Congratulations," Johnny said. "You six have passed my test. I wanted to test your loyalty to each other." As Yami translated, everyone of the band cheered happily. "However!" His voice silenced them. "You see, you six will be apart for a while."

"What why?" Ren asked. Even Kat Tun looked at him strangely.

"Only two of you know how to speak Japanese, first of all," replied Johnny as he began listing reasons. "Second, the training I have at my company are strictly for males, which means Yami is unable to train there. You boys will train at my company, but Yami has somewhere else to go. Instead, she shall by staying with Kat Tun, who will train her."

"What?!" Ren, Yami, and Kat Tun yelled in surprise.

"But we're all guys!" Taguchi yelled. "Is it really okay for a girl to be living with us?!"

"Yes it will," Johnny stated. "I trust you boys."

Ren translated to the band as Yami stood there awkwardly. Shouts were heard from all the guys around her.

"AND REMEMBER TO LOCK YOUR DOOR BEFORE YOU GO TO SLEEP!" Elliot cried from the limo as it drove away. Yami was now following Kat Tun to their building.

"Umm...Here's your room," Ueda said nervously as he showed her to her room. It was an unused room so it seemed pretty empty. There was a desk, a chair, and a large closet, but besides that there was nothing there.

(AN: Ok since ENERGY is out of the scene for now, I won't be using italics for Japanese anymore.)

"Well as you can see, there's nothing in here," Kamenashi said scratching his head. "So you can sleep in my room tonight, I'll take the couch."

"Oh no thank you!" Yami said quickly waving her hands. "I don't want to intrude and you guys are already letting me stay here!"

"We'll go buy you more furniture tomorrow, so please try your best to cope with what we have for now," Ueda apologized with a smile.

Immediately Yami forgot all the awkwardness after seeing his smile. "SO CUTE!!!" She squealed and started to pinch his cheeks.

"You only think he's cute because of the palm tree..." Kamenashi said pouting. Jokingly, he took the hair tie from Ueda and tied his own hair up. "There am I cute now?" Yami giggled at his silliness as she began pinching his cheeks also.

"Haha yes," She replied, making the other man smile. "But honestly I think you're more of handsome than cute..." Her comment caused him to stop smiling and start blushing beet red. "What?"

Kamenashi began stuttering nervously and quickly walked away somewhere saying he was going to help Jin make food. Yami frowned turning back to Ueda. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No, I think you just made him blush," Ueda replied laughing, which caused Yami to pinch his cheeks once again. Ueda began to help her unpack some suitcases and put her clothes away. Some things Yami had to unpack when he was out of the room. Yami thanked them as they walked to the table for food.

"Itadakimasu!" Everyone cried as the food came.

"Kame..."Nakamaru asked. "I thought you were going to help Jin make food?" He stared at his plate. It didn't look like food.

"No, I went t-to do something e-else," Kamenashi stuttered.

Jin frowned at them as he sat next to his own plate. "Hey I'm not that bad of a cook you know!" Everyone stared at him with a 'Really?' expression. "Okay so I was try something out tonight! Watch I'll prove to you it's food!" Jin began to shove his 'creation' down his mouth. Seconds later he began choking as Koki and Taguchi slapped him on the back.

"I'll make the food," Yami said volunteering, but Koki grabbed her ankle. "No, it's rude to make the guest do the work for us."

"But I'm living with you guys for a while, I should at least do something," She replied. Kamenashi stood up and made her walk back to her seat.

"Nope sit down," He stated smiling. "I'll make the food!" About half an hour later, everyone's tummies were growling.

"Kame are you done yet???" Nakamaru whined. "I want food..."Taguchi whispered and pretend to die from hunger. Koki slapped him on the stomach, making the poor boy jolt up. "Ow!" After a few more minutes, Kamenashi finally came out.

"Sorry for the wait guys!" He cried. "Eat up!" Everyone brightened up as he brought out soba noodles"

"This is amazing Kamenashi-kun!" Yami cried and stuffed . Kamenashi blushed as everyone complimented him on the awesome meal.

"Thanks you guys," he said. "And Yami-san, you can just call me Kame." Yami nodded and continued eating. Everyone realized that they had been calling her by her first name since they never knew her last name, which was what they were supposed to call her.

"Say, Yami-san," Nakamaru said. Yami looked at him. "What's your last name?"

She sighed happily after finishing the meal before the guys, causing them to yell in astonishment. "Don't worry about my last name, it'll be hard for you guys to pronounce anyways." Yami took her plate back to the kitched and began to wash it.

"Oh I'll do it," Jin said as he placed his plate next to hers. Jin took her plate and began washing it. Everyone else piled theirs up afterwards. Yami thanked him and went back to the others.

"Hey Yami-san what are some songs your band sing?" Ueda asked interested.

Yami thought for a while on how to answer him. "Well we mostly sing covers of other songs, but our friend Ren writes some originals for us too. For a quiet guy, he has a lot of talent in him."

"Can we hear?" Kame asked perking up.

"Sure!" Yami said, but then looked down. "But I don't play piano anymore, so I can't do the song.... I have the music sheets, but not the band."

"Oh Ueda can play the piano!" Koki pointed out. "And I can too!" They watched as Yami ran to her room and came back out with a guitar and a sheet.

"Ueda-kun!" Yami yelled. "Can you play this song?" He stared at the sheet, to Yami, and then to his friends. Jin had came back a few seconds ago and all of Kat Tun were now chanting for Ueda to play the song.

"Ok," Ueda gave in smiling. Everyone cheered as they followed Ueda to his room. He began playing the notes beautifully as Yami joined in on her guitar.

Everyone clapped as the song ended.

"That song's amazing!" Jin stated. "Did you write that Yami-san?"

She shook her head. "No, my friend Ren wrote it. That guy's full of untapped talent!"

"Are you two going out?" Koki asked.

"No!" Yami laughed with her eyes wide. "We tend to get into silent arguments! A relationship with him is a no no! Besides we promised not to date anyone in our band."

The group chatted and laughed together, now with no more awkwardness.

"Hey how about we celebrate Yami's arrival with a sleep over in her room since it's big and empty!" Taguchi suggested. Koki hit in the back of the head.

"You idiot!" He joked. "Yami's a girl, it's bad if we sleep in the same room as her!"

"How's it bad?" Yami asked cluelessly. "It'd be nice to have a sleep over with friends, I've never had one before." The guys all looked at her shocked.

"Never?" Jin asked as she shook her head.

"Well it's bad because...at this age we k-kinda..." Nakamaru's voice trailed off as he got nervous about explaining.

"It's because our bodies are different," Kame stated. "So as you can see, it's rude for us to sleep in your room like that and..." Then he started getting nervous.

"Well then how about the living room?" Yami asked, still not getting it. The guys nervously looked at each other and couldn't decline the girl looking at them with hopeful eyes.

That night they all laid out their sheets and pillows in a circle and tucked themselves in. With all the excitement though, most of them weren't able to sleep. Nakamaru however, was out like a cat, snoozing the night away.

"Would you guys hate me if I played pranks on you guys?" Yami asked shyly. The guys chuckled quietly.

"No, we do that to each other sometimes too," Kame replied. Jin rolled his eyes at them.

"I wouldn't hate you if you played pranks on them," Jin said. "But I will get mad if I'm your target."

Yami pouted. "Ok note to self, don't play pranks on Jin..." Her comment earned laughs from the guys.

"Why do you ask?" Taguchi asked. Yami sat up and smirked evilly. She took out a marker from her pillow and showed it to them.

"What are you going to do with that?" Koki asked. Yami looked at him, to Nakamaru, and back to the others. Her look gave them the idea as Taguchi ran to get his camera. The other guys were snickering. She drew a small mustache on Nakamaru before drawing a gotee. Everyone jumped as Nakamaru stretched, but relaxed as they realized he was still sleeping. Ueda grabbed the marker from her and drew eye glasses on him. He handed the marker to Kame, who wrote "Kitty" on his face. Yami looked at Nakamaru carefully and noticed that he did look like a little kitty when he was asleep. She giggled as Taguchi took a quick shot.

"Idiot!" Jin laughed as the flash went off. Taguchi quickly hid the camera as Nakamaru sat up.

"What was that?" He whined, rubbing his eyes. Everyone chuckled as the silly looking boy looked at them all. "What are you guys laughing at?" Nakamaru looked at his hands and saw some black ink on them. He jumped up and ran to the bathroom.

"AHHH!!!!" His shriek made everyone fall in fits of laughter.

"Nakamaru-kun," Yami wheezed. "Did you just shriek?" His question rose even more laughter.

"Why would you guys do such a mean prank to me when I'm defenseless??" He asked pouting, but blushing at the same time. Yami offered to help him wash it as the guys outside started talking.

"That was a funny thing right?" Ueda asked still laughing.

"Very!" Jin added, and high fived Kame and Koki.

"Funny," Taguchi said. "But I'm beginning to feel bad." The others agreed still laughing.

"So what do you guys think of Yami?" Kame asked curiously.

"Funny girl!" Koki said as he began laughing at what she did again.

"Yami's nice, "Ueda commented. "And even though it hurts, I like it when she pinches my cheeks" He started smiling again with a blush.

"I haven't really talked to her enough yet, but she seems nice," Taguchi added.

They then turned to Jin. "Immature, but I can get along with her," Jin stated. It was now Kame's turn to say his impression.

"She's cute," Kame said grinning as he covered himself quickly with his blanket. The guys made kissy sounds and 'Awww Kame thinks she's cute!' comments until Yami and Nakamaru came back. The rest of the night they joked and talked about Cartoon Kat Tun until they all fell asleep. Yami fell asleep, excited for the next week since the guys invited her to come on their show with one member of her band.

'Elliot?' Yami wondered. 'No, he'll kill Kame for what happened last time...Gary? Man it'd be much more fun if they knew Japanese. The only one I can choose is Ren... Oh well, Ren it is!' She smiled before going off to sleep.