EDGE 8

On The Edge Once More

AN: Identity of 'Snow White' will be revealed in this chapter.

 


The sound of a ringing phone awakened him.

He knew it was not his since the ring tone was different.

He tried to sit up from his position on his bed to search for the ringing phone. Pain surged up on his back with every action that he made. His lover has been rough with him and he knew he will be limping for a day or two.

Speaking of his lover, the older man whimpered with the lost of warmth beside him.

“Minki-ah, go back to sleep,” the man murmured as he wrapped his arms on the younger’s waist.

“L-hyung, someone has been calling you,” he replied softly. “10 missed calls from Nam Woohyun.”

L snatched his phone from Minki’s grasp to check his call logs. The younger man was not joking… 10 missed calls from Nam Woohyun and a received call from Sungjong. Well, he doesn’t remember receiving a call from their maknae several hours ago.

Deciding to give Woohyun a call back, he was astounded with how loud his hyung shouted at him. No, it was not the shout that confused him but the thickness that was laced in Woohyun’s voice.

“Hyung, is something wrong?” L asked, worry evident in his voice. On the other hand, Ren who is being naughty was giving butterfly kisses on L’s neck, distracting him from the conversation that he was having with his hyung.

“Whatever miracle you are doing right now Kim Myungsoo, you need to come at SNU Hospital. As soon as possible!”

“Hospital?” L was confused. Recently, the word hospital will always be connected to their maknae. His heart started to beat loudly not from the excitement and pleasure that his lover was giving him but from the unexplainable feeling of dread that he was having. He was scared…frightened to the bones that their maknae was overcame with his suicidal urges and this time it was definitely his fault. Meanwhile, Ren, having heard the word ‘hospital’ detached himself from L’s neck and sat on the bed quietly, silently observing the older as he continued his conversation with his hyung.

“No more questions, L.” And with that Woohyun ended the call, leaving L hanging and confused with the situation.

“Hyung, is something wrong?” Ren questioned as he gently held L’s hand. Of course, he knew that something was wrong the moment the word god-forsaken word came out from his lover’s mouth.

“I think, Sungjong was admitted to the hospital again.” L didn’t realized the words that came out from his mouth but with the bad feeling that he was having, he knew that it will be about their maknae once again.

“Sungjong-hyung? You should go there hyung. He needs you.” Ren suggested but in his heart he is not ready to let L go but what can he do since it was only an affair that they’re having and Sungjong is the official lover of L.

“Minki-ah, come with me. I need you.” L tighetened his hold on Ren’s hand. “Please come with me Ren. I don’t know if I can face my members if you’re not there beside me.”

“No hyung, you are making things more complicated. Bringing me there will raise more questions... suspicions. What will the rest of your group think about this affair? And what if Sungjong-hyung will see us, what will he say?” Ren was also confused. He knew what he was doing was wrong but he couldn’t stop himself. He has fallen in love with L… he has fallen hard for him at the wrong time. He was feeling so right yet so wrong.

“I’m going to end my relationship with him Ren.”

“You are crazy hyung!” Ren shouted, shocked with L’s sudden confession. “I love you but you can’t do this to Sungjong-hyung. This will definitely shatter him and with his condition...” Yes, Ren loves L… he loves him more than he could love his JR-hyung or Baekho-hyung but he’s not ready to give his everything to L. He doesn’t knew whether L really loves him or if it just for the new pleasure and satisfaction that he was giving the older man.

“And you think that going behind his back will be much better than confessing that I have fallen out of love for him?” L responded as he pushed Ren on the mattress, silencing him with a full kiss on the lips. Fans will not believe that these two idols were having a secret affair. Well, they would not even think that they knew each other that well to the point of a having an affair. Everything started with a spur of the moment thing and resulted with a much deeper and sinful affair, hurting the people surrounding them in the process.       

“I love you, Ren. I don’t know when did I start falling in love with you or when did I fall out of love with Sungjong but I love you.” L confessed, showering the younger with kisses on his face and neck.. “You two were so the same but so different.”

Ren moaned as L a sensitive spot on his neck.

“And no Ren, you are not a substitute for Sungjong.”Continued L, answering the unspoken questions on Ren’s mind.

The younger gently pushed L away from him.

“We need to go the hospital hyung.”

Ren gathered his clothes and started to get dress. L did the same thing. Before going out of the hotel, L gave Ren an assuring hug. Everything will be fine after tonight. L shouted on his mind, not thinking of the surprise that was waiting for him on the hospital.

The taxi ride was extremely silent and only the breathing of the people inside it and the soft humming of the radio could be heard.

“Everything’s going to be okay, Ren.” L assured his companion but it sounded more like he was assuring his own self.

“I really don’t know, hyung.” Ren whispered. He was thinking very hard as of the moment. True, he wanted to have someone for himself, but not like this. Not like a little criminal that was hiding from the authority. If only, those comforting and supportive words that L was giving him are true. But no, he couldn’t trust the older yet. Maybe, he was only in for the heat of the moment. Maybe he it was only for the or maybe it was for the pleasure that Sungjong couldn’t gave L. Just like tonight, wherein L screamed Sungjong's name instead of his. L's words are not enough, Ren needed to feel the love and not just to hear about it.

Ren was confused. He knew he was at fault. If only he didn’t threw himself to L that night when his boyfriend broke up with him. If only L didn't stayed with him all night to comfort him. If only L ignored him and his advances then this things will not be happening. If only the two of them were not too intoxicated with alcohol that night. That night, both were victims of the stupid game of love.

If he knew about Sungjong’s condition beforehand then he will not be engaging with L in this affair.

There were so many what if's that wa running on Ren's mind as he stared outside the window of the taxi. He has so many thought in mind that he didn’t realize that they have arrived at the hospital.

L gently pulled Ren from his seat after he had paid for the fare. The former squeeze the latter’s hand for support. Silently saying that whatever happens tonight he was there for him. 

There, at the hospital’s lobby were Hoya and Dongwoo. They were definitely waiting for L. Ren pulled down the hood of his jacket, afraid that the older men will know about him and his connection with their visual. L could clearly see the bloated look on Dongwoo’s eyes with tears still falling out from it and the glassy eyes of Hoya with tears threatening to fall out from it. With the looks on their faces, L could easily conclude that something terrible happened.

“Hyung.” L yelled as he jogged towards them with Ren trailing behind his back. “What happened hyung?”

Instead of answering, Dongwoo broke down into other bouts of tears.

“It’s Sungjong… he has an accident, he’s in the operating room, right now.” Hoya replied as he enclosed Dongwoo in a hug.

Upon hearing this, L ran towards the OR, dragging Ren with him. He didn’t expect the scene that he was looking right now. There, Sungyeol was sitting, shaking and looking lost as he stared in his bloody hands. He was drenched with the red liquid of life, maybe Sungjong's blood and Sunggyu was comforting him and trying to distract him with whatever he could think as of the moment. Now he knows why Dongwoo and Hoya was at lobby. The former was afraid with blood and with the amount of blood that Sungyeol was drenched with, he thinks that Dongwoo was going to have a mental breakdown. Woohyun, on the other hand, was leaning at the wall near the two as he looked blankly on the white wall of the hospital. While, Jungryul was pacing in front of the OR’s door holding tightly on his phone. The other managers were couldn’t be found.

Woohyun, as he sense the arrival of the two, marched towards them. Anger and disappointment was evident in his eyes. Without any hesitation, he punched L square on his handsome face sending him to straight to the wall. Woohyun was always known to have a weak fist in the group but at that time, his punch alone sent L crumpled and whimpering on the floor with his back colliding against the nurses' station's desk.

“L-HYUNG!” Ren shouted as he scrambled towards L to help him up. His hoodie fell off from his head, revealing his identity. This caused the blood of Woohyun to boil even more.

“Remember this KIM MYUNGSOO, if Sungjong will not survive this time, I will be the one that will personally send you and your lover to your creator!”

 


So, another lame update from a very lame author named, Rhay.

 

People, the identity of Snow White was revealed!!!

 

Who has their guess right? Hands up and a piece of lemon candy will be given.

 

And don't kill me for choosing him. *he's my bias mind you* and he will plays a vital role in the progress of the story.

 

Please SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!

 

PS: This update is for the person that made me laugh for the past few days especially when I was feeling down after an epic-fail examination in Molecular Cell Biology. You know who you are so thanks.