EDGE 5

On The Edge Once More

Well... well... well... Guess who have updated...haha

 

Sorry for not updating this story for a long time...

I promise... I am not neglecting this story... I am just preoccupied with other things...

Btw, hope you you guys will like this installation.

 

======================================================================================================

 

 

Anger…

That was the only emotion L was feeling that time.

But to say that he was angry…the type of angry because…well… he was just angry was a great understatement.

No… literally that time, he was angry… very angry that the moment he went out from Sungjong’s room, he slammed the door so hard that the door knob almost break because of the impact.

He was seething with anger but he didn’t know to whom he should be angry – to himself or towards his lover or soon-to-be ex-lover.

The good side of him whispered that he should be angry to himself for treating his lover like trash or neglecting him because he was preoccupied with the thought of his another lover. However, the bad side would shout that he needed his release, he needed someone that could give him the satisfaction that he craved for and Sungjong was not the one that could give him that. It was a useless battle, knowing that the needy part of him always prevailed.

 L knew that keeping Sungjong in the dark was a huge mistake but it was necessary. He was doing the greatest mistake in his life. He was sinning against the very person that he loved. But Sungjong was not the one that could provide him with the thing he wanted… and he needed more. Meaning, he needed someone that could give him ‘more’. Sungjong could not satiate his needs – the need of a man that was struggling with the intense battle of hormones and emotions within him. He craved for more, with Sungjong’s current stage, he could not give L what he wanted and what L wanted the very moment was ual release. He was stressed from work…from his schedules and he needed his release. Ecstasy has been his drug when his started reached its peak. But Sungjong could not give him that. Since from the start, Sungjong could not give him the answers with his problem but it doesn’t mean that the love he had for their maknae was fake. He had loved that kid with every bone of his body, with every soul of his being. That kid was an epitome of innocence despite of the hardness and manliness he possessed off-cam. To L, Sungjong was fragile and that made L to be afraid… afraid that with his impulsiveness and stubbornness, he will be hurting his lover… that he will be breaking him into pieces. He had lied to them before. He had made a mistake once, and this time he promised not to make the same mistake again. But he can’t help it… he is a man – a young man in need – and that was messing up everything. Soon, another promise will be broken and together with that promise is the soul of the very person he wanted to protect.

“L, are you okay?” Woohyun questioned him from the couch he was sitting in their living room, clearly shocked with L’s action. “How is Sungjonggie?”

“He’s sleeping hyung. Can you watch him for me? I’m going out for awhile.” Woohyun could only give L a questioning look. What kind of person is in his right mind to go out in the middle of the night?

But instead of questioning the latter, Woohyun gave him a nod. And with that L, excused himself to his room.

L gathered some of his stuffs for his little escapade at the same time sending a text message to someone, hoping that that person was still awake.

To: Snow White

Are you still awake?

Meet me at the same place.

Don’t ask any questions.

After he sent the text message, he exited his room. Woohyun was still on the couch, sitting and reading something, maybe waiting for the other members to arrive. Woohyun raised his eyebrow when he saw L with his black knapsack, quietly creeping out from their dorm and with his smartphone on his hand. He was only going out for a while but he is bringing his bag. Woohyun thought, but he didn’t question L further. He has some weird suspicion that wherever L was going that moment it would result into one thing and that one thing will be a bad thing.

Woohyun was having a weird feeling since the time L departed and he couldn’t put a finger into it. He wanted to sleep but he couldn’t. He would check their maknae occasionally and the sight that he saw broke his heart. From afar, Sungjong could be mistaken that he was sleeping while hugging his teddy bear but no, their maknae crying with the sound of his cries muffled by the fluffy toy.

How he wanted to sit by their maknae side… to comfort him… to support him… to hug him… but he decided against it. Sungjong needed some space and he was willing to give him that.

Woohyun slowly trudged back to the living room and waited patiently for the rest of the member to arrive. His eyelids were already drooping when the door opened revealing the people was waiting for as they piled in one by one. He greeted them with a tired smile.

“How is he?” Sunggyu broke the silence hanging in the air.

“He’s sleeping.” Woohyun lied. He knew that lying to their leader was wrong but he knew that Sunggyu was stress and exhausted from everything. It was difficult for their leader to act as a mediator among the members, to keep the balance of the group. However, Woohyun could see that there was a gap forming between their leader and their visual. It seemed unknown to the others but Woohyun could feel the strain in the relationship of the two.

“I’m going to see him later.”

And again silence prevailed. It was too quiet as all of them we’re tired. Even before they could slump on the floor, the plethora of silence was broken by a scream coming from the maknae’s room. A scream that is full of agony and pain. Few minutes later, a crashing sound was heard and the door open abruptly, revealing the very pale maknae with blood dripping from his hands.

Their maknae just ran. He ran not minding the concerned look from his hyungs. He continued to run out of their dorm, not caring that he was barefooted and that he bumped into someone. That person shouted a string of colorful words, clearly shocked at the same time aware of the heat as a cup of hot Americano scalded him. The man wanted to kill the person that bumped him, causing him to be scalded and costing him his coffee. But as he saw who bumped him, his anger turned into worry and concern. The young man…no it was their maknae… who bumped him. Sungjong was pale with tears flowing out from his hollow eyes and streaking his pale cheeks. He stood there for a few minutes, silently battling within him whether to run after the maknae or to enter their dorm and change his clothes. But as he heard the scampering of feet behind him, shivers coursed through his body…knowing that whatever Sungjong was running from, it was not a good thing.

 Without any hesitation he ran after their maknae. He has a bad feeling with the destination he was running to. , the rooftop. He cursed as he doubled his pace as he ran after their maknae. He was lagging behind the young boy by several meters and silently cursed himself for not being fit at that time. After running up through several staircases, he finally reached the rooftop out of breath. He opened the door with a loud bang but the sight that greeted him almost made his heart jumped.

Sungjong…his precious maknae… was standing on the edge of the rooftop with his arms spread from his body, preparing himself to fly any moment from now. From the spot that he was standing from, Sungjong looked like an angel… an angel whose wings had been clipped… but still wishing to fly. And it broke the other man’s heart. He wished that he could be the one that could return the clipped wings of their maknae.

“Yah! Lee Sungjong!” He shouted, dreading the future actions of his little maknae that he loves unrequitedly.

 

===================================================================================================

 

So, who can guess the identity of "Snow White" and Sungjong's unrequited lover(?)...

 

I'm going to give you a cookie...

 

Please subscribe and comment...

 

Thanks...