Edge 2

On The Edge Once More

 

[ A/N: Hi there, just so you know, the beginning of this chapter sounds exactly like the teaser, but don’t worry, a lot more is added.]

 

 

The static in the television was soon replaced with an image of two people – a man and a woman to be exact – cuddling on a bed in a luxurious hotel room. The woman was leaning against the man’s bare chest as he affectionately the hair of the woman. Several minutes later, the woman withdrew from their cuddling and sat by the edge of the bed.

 

“Oppa, are you sure about this?” The woman asked but received nothing as an answer. “Oppa… please answer me.” Again the man remained silent. “I don’t know if I can do this anymore.”

 

“So, you’re hesitating now?” The man said coldly. “You were the one that started this. Remember, it was your idea… for me to go behind my lover’s back.”

 

The woman was frozen. “But, do you have any right to call him your lover?” She whispered. Now, it was the man’s turn to be frozen. “Do you remember the time that you called me and told me to meet in that bar?” the woman continued. “I could clearly recall when you confessed to me telling me that you love me and you don’t have any feelings for your lover. That you were just waiting for the exact timing for you to end your relationship with him. Though, I was the one that suggested for this affair but you agreed to it. You were fine to have me as a third wheel. Do you even love your own lover, oppa?”

 

“Would you just shut up.” the man hissed. “Everything that I told you that night was true, okay. My relationship with him was just a one-time thing… just for publicity act. Do you even realize that from the start our relationship won’t work? He could not give me the family that I wanted in the future. He could not fill the happiness that I want. Do you think that my parents would approve about our relationship? Just wait, if I find the perfect timing to end my relationship with him, you won’t be the third wheel anymore.”

 

“But oppa…” Before the woman could continue, she was shut up with a pair of lips.

 

“Shut up… I love you and that’s final.” The man grumbled before he kissed the woman passionately and hotly.

 

Soon, the distinct sound of two people making love was emitted from the television set.

 

~0~0~0~

 

With every plea of needs and moans of pleasure the television set was emitting, Lee Sungjong’s heart was breaking into pieces. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He could not believe that everything he has been holding to would be shattered with a single piece of a DVD. A part of his brain scolded him for watching that DVD. If only… if only he ignored that DVD, thinking that it was just a prank, then it won’t turn out like this. And another part of his mind shouted that everything was not true… that his eyes were only playing a trick on him… that the one he was seeing on the television was not his lover. But no, his own two eyes have seen everything… his ears have heard everything his lover said – that their relationship was just an act, that he doesn’t even love him. He couldn’t believe that the person he loves most could betray him and play with his feelings.

 

He wanted to turn off the video but he was too weak to do it. It’s like that all his strength was by a black hole and his extremities turned into jelly. Tears were leaking out from his eyes as he stared blankly into the TV screen which was still showing a scene of two people that was slowly reaching the of their love making. Though he couldn’t see the scenes playing on the TV anymore due to tears blurring his vision but he can hear every moan and scream the two were making despite of the fact that his hands were already covering his ears. Sungjong became oblivious of his surroundings; he entered his own bubble again as a defense mechanism. He didn’t even realize his name being called by their leader that was going out from his room.

 

“Sungjongie... Jungryul-hyung sent me a message…” Sunggyu said as he walked out from his room while drying his hair with a towel, but instead of continuing he immediately rushed to their maknae’s side. Without any hesitation he enclosed Sungjong into a brotherly hug ignoring the still-on TV. The state of their maknae right now was breaking his heart. Sunggyu was clueless to what brought Sungjong to this state again but he knew that it was so bad. Sungjong looked like a broken puppet. He was staring blankly in the television with tears flowing from his eyes and hands covering his ears. Also, Sungjong was shaking like mad – like he was exposed into a very low temperature. Worst is, Sungjong was also whispering “No, he can’t do this to me. Everything is a lie.” like a mantra. Sunggyu did not think twice in tracing Sungjong’s line of sight despite of the blankness it possessed. He was not expecting the thing he saw and it only triggered his hands to itch again – urging him to punch someone square on his handsome face.

 

Sunggyu turned off the television after he had brought Sungjong to his shared room. Sungjong had fainted from physical, mental and social exhaustion. He had cried too much for the week already and his body can’t carry the toll anymore. Sungjong and he really need to talk about this matter but talking could wait since the more important thing right now was to let their maknae rest. For the past few days, fatigue and stress was clearly etched in their maknae’s feature. In addition to it, after he has carried their maknae in his room, Sungjong has developed a fever and it was the best idea for Sungjong to stay in his and Woohyun’s room so that they could watch over him and take care of him.

 

Sunggyu did not even wait for the video footage to finish or to watch it from the start. But he didn’t miss the date on the lower right corner of the video. The video was taken few days after their visual and maknae’s 6thmonth anniversary, meaning a year has already passed since the video was taken. All he saw was enough to trigger something on his brain and he did not want to add some fire on the damage that that DVD done if he continue watching it. His mind was in chaos if he should confront their visual about the content of that DVD. He was thinking hard on how to act as normal and as the same as before to their visual now. He doesn’t know how to look at their visual again without the feeling of animosity that was bubbling in his heart. Everything was unexpected but what he didn’t expect the most that their visual could do such thing towards their maknae.  The only thing he needed now was a place to keep the DVD, for secrecy and safekeeping. He knew that despite of what their visual done to our maknae, Sungjong doesn’t want that the rest of INFINITE would get angry towards their visual and to sever the brotherhood and the bonds that they have. That everything they established would be ruined because of him and their visual. That’s why, that DVD should remain hidden from the other members.

 

After finding a place for that DVD and other evidence of its existence, Sunggyu returned to sit by Sungjong’s side and sent their manager a message that he and their maknae can’t join the dinner since Sungjong was sleeping due to his fever and he has no heart to wake him up and also not forgetting to bring the two of them takeouts for their dinner and some medicines for their maknae. softly the pale and feverish face of their maknae, Sunggyu thought of what would eventually happen to this young man when he wakes up. He promised to himself that he would stay by their maknae’s side through thick and thin. For now, all Sunggyu knew was to act indifferent on this matter – as if nothing happens – for the sake of their maknae and for the sake of the rest of INFINITE. But he also wished that everything was just a nightmare and the two of them would eventually wake up from it.