EDGE 10

On The Edge Once More

A/N: I was so happy that's why I updated. Just kidding. But really, I was happy because I already applied for GRADUATION. That means, I'll be graduating this March.

So, moving on, I wrote this while I was studying for my Parasitology exam and listening to my professor endless rambles about Environmental Microbiology.

Please subscribe and leave some comment.


 




Sunggyu thought that everything would turn out fine. Everything will return to normal, that INFINITE will be back on its feet as if nothing happens.

 

But he has mistaken.

 

After Woohyun punched their visual, it signaled the start of an upcoming storm within INFINITE. He could see the shattering bonds between Woohyun and Myungsoo – and maybe among the rest of the members. What more if they saw the content of that DVD? Can they be INFINITE again?

 

But who should he really blame?  

 

The fact that he didn't know who to blame causes his head to ache and his judgment hazy. He wanted to blame himself for being an insufficient leader. He wanted to blame Sungjong for being a martyr over a relationship that was full of lies and deceptions. He wanted to blame Myungsoo for being insensitive and full of himself. He wanted to blame Sungyeol for loving Sungjong so much. He wanted to blame Minki for having an affair with Myungsoo. He wanted to blame Dongwoo, Woohyun, and Hoya for being too oblivious of what was happening within INFINTE. He wanted to blame the kid, the driver, the people around him. He wanted to blame the world for being too cruel and unjust.

 

 

He wanted to scream out of frustration but that would only cause additional chaos to the people currently present. He was still holding the shaking and crying Sungyeol in his hands. The tall man could not calm himself down and with each ticking second, he became more restless and scared. He wanted to cry too, maybe to share the tears of Sungyeol but he could not bring himself into it. Crying would only bring more tears to the rest of the members and it's time for the leader to be strong even if he felt that something is compressing his heart…even if he felt the weakest that moment.

 

He tried to look to the people around him. Woohyun was being restrained by the manager, preventing him to beat the visual into a bloody pulp. Dongwoo and Hoya were absent since they were with their manager to get some fresh clothes for Sungyeol who was until now drenched with Sungjong's blood. Minki was nursing Myungsoo's broken lips and bruising jaw and every time that he would glance at Minki, the younger could not help but to flinch.

 

Truth was he didn't want to look or even glance at Minki. Anger burst from deep within him when he looked at Minki’s face. Just looking at him reminded him that that person added fire of destruction to the already ruined relationship of Myungsoo and Sungjong.  

 

But he couldn't help it.

 

He was racking his brains out as he looked to the androgynous looks of the younger. He was trying to recall something.  Something that he saw and was meant to be forgotten.

 

It suddenly appeared into him. The picture in the DVD that he saw during that unfortunate night - the night that started it all.

 

He remembered that it was a girl ... a girl with black, wavy hair like what their visual wanted. But why... why is he with Choi Minki now? Why is he with a different person? Is Sungjong not enough for him? Or that girl? Or Minki? Is one person not enough for him? Are there other people that their visual is seeing?

 

Sunggyu was so confused that he didn't realize the red light of the OR turning off.

 

Slowly, the room of the ER opened, revealing the doctor with news that would change everything in their group.

 

 

-0-0-0-

 

Sungyeol would not leave Sungjong's side. He promised the younger that he would not leave him, not now, not ever. That's why, at the moment, he was seating outside the ICU, watching the youngest through the glass window as he struggled for his life alone. Several tubes and equipments were attached to his body to monitor his vital signs.  Different IV fluids were providing him temporary sustenance and blood was also transfuse. He looked more helpless and vulrenable than before.

 

He really wanted to be their by his side but the doctor didn't allow him to enter the room, saying that the patient was so immunocompromised that he was prone to any infection. He was advised to go home with the rest of the members but he was adamant against it even to the point of throwing a fit in the hallway of the hospital.

 

He promised the maknae and he's not the one to break promises. The maknae would not be alone because he was there with him. He will fight together with him.

 

The rest was already at home except for Myungsoo, maybe. They wanted to stay too but the hospital management is against it. One of their managers stay there to monitor him and the maknae. They knew he was physically well but mentally and emotionally, he's not. How can he be well when the person that he wanted to protect was there fighting for his life.
 

Tonight is the most crucial state for Sungjong. They didn't know if he could survive or not.

 

He could not help but to crush the coffee cup that he was holding as he recalled the news that the doctor delivered.

 

He was still in their leader's arms when the doctor went out of the operating room. True, he was shaking not because he's scared but because he's angry. He's angry with himself, with that careless kid, with the drver of the car. He's angry with Minki but above all he's angry with his bestfriend. He really have the guts to bring Minki there when his lover was struggling for his life. He was disappointed with him and as he looked at him, at them, with disdain his vision is flooded with red. Red, because of their maknae's blood and red because of the rage and anger he was experiencing.

 

He scoffed as saw Myungsoo scrambled to his feet moving towards the doctor however the latter was stop by the manager. The manager would talk to the doctor first about the younger's condition.

 

Several minutes later, the manager signaled them to follow the doctor in what looks like a small conference room. It was the same doctor that always look after their maknae.

 

Sungyeol was secretly glancing at Myungsoo as the doctor delivered the severity of Sungjong's condition. He wanted to know what their visual was thinking about at that moment. If they felt guilty or hurt or happy or sad. Maybe Myungsoo was hoping the younger did not survive the operation so that he won't be hiding his relationship with Minki anymore. Maybe Myungsoo wanted Sungjong to survive to torment him even more. Maybe he wanted the younger to live so that he could redeem himself.

 

Severe head trauma...broken ribs…punctured lungs... and broken left arm. Those were the injuries of their maknae. The operation was successful but due to the head injuries of the younger, the doctor needed Sungjong to be conscious for further testing. They said that they still needed to perform an MRI and CT scan to access the extent of his head injuries and they needed the patient to be awake, that is, if ever he will be awake.

 

He gently the glass that was separating the two of them. Would everything end up here?

 

True, he was alive but the doctor told them that he could still die within the night. If he could pull-out through that night, they don’t know to what extent was his injuries.

 

Tears start streaming from his eyes. It was all his fault, right, he was to be blamed for everything.