EDGE 7

On The Edge Once More

 

He ran after their maknae…not just because he was supposed to…but because he had to.  He will chase after the person that he was loves for a long time. He will run after their maknae even if he was drenched with the not coffee that he was holding just a few moments ago. He will ran for their maknae despite of the tingling sensation all throughout his body because of the dance practice he had hours ago.  He will do everything for the person that he was yearning for – the person that he treasures and cherishes the most. Even if his whole body was burning from the pain…even his heart was experiencing those palpitations that he used to have... he will run for the sake of Sungjong… for the sake of saving their maknae’s life.

He could clearly hear the loud pounding of his heart as he tried to open the rooftop's door with shaking hands. Truth be told, he could feel that his heart would burst out any minute from now. He was scared…afraid…that he was a second too late in saving the life of his precious maknae.

Behind the close doors, he knew that Sungjong was doing something dreadful…he was expecting it. He opened the door gently, afraid that his simple action will cause Sungjong to plummet down to the ground. He could now see their maknae who is slowly taking his one way ticket to hell as he shakily spread his arms, like an angel ready to fly. Their maknae was standing between the thin line of life and death and he will surely choose the latter. Sungyeol doesn’t want that. The death of their maknae will also be the death of him.

“Yah, Lee Sungjong!” He shouted as he reached towards the damaged boy and enclosed him in a hug.

“Don’t you dare leave me, maknae.” Sungyeol gently whispered on Sungjong’s ear. He was still hugging the younger boy and it was comforting because he knew that their maknae will be safe within his arms. Their maknae will be safe with him and L will be damned –bestfriend or not – for hurting the person that he loves. Sungyeol knew from the start that L was the reason why their maknae was reduced into this. If he only knew that their relationship will be this destructive, he will do everything in his power to take Sungjong away from L. But he trusted L…he trusted his bestfriend so much to the point that he try to ignore the yearning and pleas of his heart. If only he knew that everything will result to this…but he was too late now, the damage was already done and will be difficult to be undone. True, he has save their maknae from his death but he has no idea if the younger will be healed – if the damage will be undone.

Tears began to leak from Sungyeol’s eyes as he tightened his hug on their maknae. “Don’t you dare leave me, Jong.” He murmured again, lowering both himself and Sungjong on the rooftop’s floor. “Don’t you dare leave me because I love you.” He confessed, knowing that his confession occured in a wrong place and a wrong time but he felt the urge to confess. He needed to confess before everything will be too late. “I love you even before Myungsoo fell in love with you… I love you more than L ever loved you… I need you, Jong, and I don’t know what will happen to me if I ever lose you.”  He could feel the maknae stiffened in his arms. He knew that it was a bad idea to confess at their maknae right now but Sungyeol want Sungjong to believe and know that there are other people that sincerely loves him and needs him.

“Why?” It was Sungjong’s weak response. “Why…hyung?”

“Huh?” Sungyeol was confused with Sungjong’s question.

“Why would you need me hyung? Why would you love a damaged person like me?”

“Just because.” Sungyeol adjusted their position so that he could directly look at their maknae’s empty eyes. He gently cupped the face of their maknae with his hands and looked seriously and affectionately to him. “Because it was you… because you are Lee Sungjong… because you are the boy that I fell in love with the moment that I saw you. No answers will suffice your questions… because you are you, Jong… the boy that I secretly love and treasure.” Grabbing Sungjong’s left hand, Sungyeol put it on his left chest. “My heart is shouting for you Sungjong… and your death will be the death of me. So please don’t kill yourself… L might not need you anymore but I am here and I need you.” Sungyeol ended, giving the younger a peck on his forehead.

Several minutes have passed and Sungjong seemed to calm down. They remain seated on the floor with Sungjong’s hand being enclosed within Sungyeol’s larger hands. Trying to lessen the awkwardness between them, Sungyeol let go of the younger’s and stand up. “Come on Jong, you still owe me a cup of coffee.” He said, giving Sungjong a hand and assisted him to stand up. He texted their leader that they will be taking a walk for awhile before they return home and they needed some garments to hide their identity. They were met by him at the building’s entrance, carrying the things they needed.

“Please take care of him Yeol.” Sunggyu whispered to Sungyeol.

“Of course hyung. Hurting the very person that I love the most will be that last thing I will do even in my death.” Sungyeol might be a jokester but he takes everything seriously when the love of life is related.

After donning their jackets and caps, Sungyeol affectionately take Sungjong’s hand. The older didn’t let go of the younger’s hand until they reach the coffee shop that they frequented. They didn’t stay inside the café but decided to walk around the area for awhile – just for the purpose of clearing their minds. Sungyeol knew that it will be good for the younger. The change of environment and the fresh air will be good for Sungjong and Sungyeol knows that it will be of great help. But something unexpectedly went wrong…and it was their little escapade that brings unaccepted chain of events.

-0-0-0-

“Hyung, what’s going on…” Woohyun tried to ask Sunggyu, but he was cut off by the image he saw on the TV. The rug on his hand fell from his grip and his stomach lurched.

Sunggyu dropped his phone, causing it to break into pieces while a gasp and whimpered could be heard from Hoya and Dongwoo. Sunggyu’s small eyes widened in horror at the sight before him. Police cars were everywhere. Ambulances were lined up and there were people scattered on the streets, mortified with the scene before them. Two balls of metals were pushed together in the middle of the road by a container van. The vehicles were so destroyed that no one could even tell what kind of cars they were before. But the saddest part was that all but one of the victims died. The remaining survivors were carried away to the nearest hospital. The four INFINITE members – aside from Dongwoo who was hiding behind Hoya – watched carefully as medics and rescue teams placed a victim inside the ambulance and ushered a man who is wearing a cap that was trailing behind them to go in after. News reporters and photographers tried to get a comment from him but he just ignored them as he climbed into the ambulance. They showed a brief close up of his face.

“Hyung, that’s …” Woohyun pointed to the television with his voice and strength leaving the premises of his body.

“Sungyeollie,” Sunggyu said just as shocked as the rest of them.

“Wait, that could only mean that…” Hoya drawled out while Dongwoo broke down into tears.

“Sungjong...no…no…” They didn’t want to believe it.

Random people were giving their comments about what they witness and their thoughts about the recent accident.

"Damn it!" screamed one girl. "Didn't that kid's parents teach him how to cross the street?!"

This took them by surprise. What is she trying to say? It couldn’t have been their maknae that they were talking about but with the suicide attempts of the kid…could it be possible?

"I wish that brat would have gotten hit!" another girl snapped.

"Man, I hope he makes it through alright," a man chimed in. "I tell ya, that Lee Sungjong is a God damn hero for saving that kid's !"

"Oh, God!"  Dongwoo gasped as he crumpled helplessly on the floor. "It was Sungjong!"

Sunggyu’s heart was pounding in his ears. Sungjong. It was their maknae that was involved in that horrific accident. God, help him if the kid will not make it through that ordeal alive. And he promise that a certain visual will not live to see another glimpse of sunshine anymore. A thousand thoughts were going through Sunggyu’s head when suddenly blackness overtook his vision.

On the other side of the city, the people were quietly sleeping – hugging each other – oblivious to the happenings that recently occured in the opposite part of the city.

The happenings that will not only stir up the past but also the future.


 

Hello there guys!

 

I am back with another update... it have been months since I've updated this story and well, several questions were answered.

 

Yes, people...Sungyeol unrequitedly/one-sidedly love our favorite maknae... and another yes to those that guess right on what happened to my lovely baby... he met a dreadful accident. Lemon cookies for you guys and I hope you will enjoy it.

I am going to leave you these questions...

-Who is the man hidden behind the screen name of 'Snow White'?

-What will happen to our favorite maknae? to Sungyeol? to INFINITE?

So please stay tune for the next chapter because I will be soon revealing it.

 

And lastly, I have updated my other stories, namely, Cutting Through It All and Road to Perdition. And the reason for this, well, I recently turned 19 last June 22 and as a token of appreciation for being a part of my life, I updated some of my stories. I was very thankful with you guys for being with my stories and supporting it through thick or thin. Thank you guys for reading this story and my others story. Thank you for subscribing and leaving some comment guys. every story I made are for you guys. I love you all and I promise that though I have a busy schedule ahead of me I will not neglect all of my stories and I will update occasionally. Again thank you and I love you all! *bows*

 

Yours truly,

Rhay

PS.  BrighterthanMushroom, saeng, thank you for being my co-author and for the support. I love you.

PSS. Please leave some comment and please subscribe. I will greatly appreciate it.

PSSS. Thanks for deliberatemistake and to her shop, Eternal Summer Graphics And Layout Services and for their amazing work of art.