Family Dinner

Filling An Empty Space

 

Dara didn't left her room since this afternoon. Thinking that maybe she was busy arranging her clothes, we decided not to bother her. My mom told me to call her for dinner. I wanted to ask why they seem to always target me this time but decided that maybe it's one of those 'get my kid to socialize' thingy that our parents always think of.

 

 

 

I knocked on her bedroom door, "Dara, omma said that we would eat dinner now."

 

 

 

I heard some moving on the other side of the door so I just waited for her. When she came out she only smile a little at me and stood there. Remembering that she doesn't know the place yet, and the fact that I'm one of the owners of this house, I lead her again to the kitchen where my mom and dad are waiting for us.

 

 

 

I sat across my mom while Dara remained glued at the spot. "Dara dear come on let's eat, we don't want the food to get cold. You could sit beside Seunghyun..."

 

 

 

She did what my mom told her and sat beside me. I was observing her through the corner of my eyes, and I could see that she's uncomfortable. She's fidgeting her fingers while her head is bowed. Being the gentleman that I was I gave her a glass of juice. "Here..."

 

 

"Thank you..."

 

 

 

We began eating and as always, my parents are happily chatting. You see, unlike other families who have this rule of eating quietly, we prefer talking with each other while enjoying the food. This serves as our bonding time since my parents are both working and are very busy sometimes. I told them about what happened to school last week and things like that. My mom tries to make Dara join in the conversation but all she does is answer my mom's question and then doesn't speak anything else after it.

 

 

 

Maybe she's still adjusting with the situation so we decided not to push her in talking to us. In time, probably, she'll feel more comfortable and talk to us normally. After dinner, Dara just went straight to her room and didn't come out after all.

 

 

 

"Omma that girl is weird..." I suddenly said.

 

 

"Yah! Seunghyun that's not a good way of talking about our guest!"

 

 

"Sorry, I just kinda noticed that she's too distant..."

 

 

"Well you can't take that away from her. She's just new here. She probably misses her family as well, so let's just leave alone for now..." my dad said.

 

 

That night, I just stayed in my room, playing an online game against Jiyong and the others. When I felt my throat dry, I excused myself from the game and went downstairs. My parents are already asleep, and so are the helpers, and that’s why I'm surprised to hear something moving inside the kitchen.

 

 

 

I tiptoed towards it and saw little light coming from the inside. I'm sure it couldn't be a bugler because no one can get in our tight security. Then a naughty idea came in my mind.

 

 

 

I moved inside with stealth and when the right time came, I shouted at the top of my lungs, "BOO!!!"

 

 

 

The sound of a glass breaking followed. I the lights to see a very surprised Dara. Her eyes were wide and staring at me like I'm some criminal.

 

 

 

"Uhmm...sorry?"

 

 

 

She ignored my apology and started picking up the broken glass. Aish this girl! Doesn't she know she could get hurt by what she's doing?!

 

 

 

"Hey! Don't pick those up!" I rush to her side and hold on to her wrist. She dropped the broken glass and looked at me. I blushed again because of her gaze at me and I realize that I’m holding her hand. I could feel her soft skin against mine. This is so awkward. I let go of her, "Tsk, you might get a wound, you know? Just leave it here. I'll take care of it. Go back to sleep now..."

 

 

 

She nodded and I was left alone in the kitchen. I grabbed a broom at the storage room and cleared the broken glass. Way to go Seunghyun, you just acted so stupid tonight...

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Nothing special happened to this filler chapter sorry about that T^T Comments are well appreciated.