Camping

Filling An Empty Space

 

Months passed, and the next thing I know the school year has already ended. Omma told me that Dara would be enrolled to my school too next year. Her mother would send money monthly for Dara's allowance and tuition. Her family sure is rich, I heard she would be receiving 30 000 every month, and that doesn't include the payment for the tuition fee yet. 

 

 

 

Anyway, I'm here checking my bag because we're gonna go camping for 2 days. I told my parents that my friends would be away this summer, so they must have pitied me and planned some activity for me too. Of course, Dara would be coming with us. She hasn't change a bit since she came. Though she sometimes starts the conversation with us, it's still limited and awkward.

 

 

 

When we're done with fixing the things to bring, we placed them in the car and we rode off. I and Dara were sitting behind. My parents are engaged in a conversation while we are on both ends of the seat and staring outside. 

 

 

 

We arrived at the place we would set up our camp. I just love this place! It's so peaceful and pollution free! I've been here twice, and I don't mind coming back here many times. Because it's all worth it! The trees provide shades and make the place cooler. And the nearby spring is so clear and clean. We actually go fishing there. LOL when I grow up I want to live at a place like this. Or at least have a home of my own with a garden where I could grow lots of plants. Mr. Choi Seunghyun the next mother nature.

 

 

 

While I was looking around, my mother called for my attention. I went close to her as she told me something, "You watch Dara, okay? She might get lost here..."

 

 

 

"Yes omma" I then saluted.

 

 

 

My parents began setting up camp, while I was just watching them and trying to figure out how on earth they're able to set up a tent without guides, it's like a level 50 puzzle. Then suddenly my senses told me that something is wrong. Dara! I forgot about her! I roamed my eyes at our surrounding, but no slight sight of her can be seen. I began to panic.

 

 

 

"Seunghyun, where's Dara?" my appa asked.

 

 

"Uhmm why?" I nervously answered.

 

 

"We're gonna eat after I finish setting up the tents..."

 

 

"Oh okay"

 

 

"Seunghyun..."

 

 

"Ye...yes, appa?"

 

 

"Is there anything wrong?"

 

 

"Hahaha wrong? What do you mean? Everything's perfect!" I faked a laugh, which probably freaked out my parents, like I'm some patient from the asylum.

 

 

"Are you okay? You're acting weird..."

 

 

 

I twitched while saying, "Wahaha I'm always like this omma! I'm gonna call Dara now and tell her food is about to be served!" I left my baffled parents, and began searching for Dara. If my parents find out that I've lost her, they're gonna kill me! She's my responsibility after all.

 

 

 

"Dara! Dara!" I was trying to lower my voice so that my parents won't hear it but loud enough for Dara to hear that I'm coming. I literally looked everywhere, even checking the tree tops just to make sure that she's not pretending to be some kind of monkey and chilling on high branches of trees. Aish! Where could she be?! Whatever happens to her it would be forever be in my conscience. Wait...'Whatever'...'WhATevER'......'What'...WATER! She must be near the river! 

 

 

 

I made a dash towards the spring, and oh boy, you don't know how happy I am seeing her crouching near the water. "Dara!"

 

 

She jumped a little in surprise, her face was in shock, but then returned to her passive look. She then went back to what she was doing before...staring at nothing particular.

 

 

 

"Hey what are you doing here? I thought you were lost!"

 

 

"Sorry"

 

 

"Tsk...just don't disappear like that again." I sat beside her and began throwing rocks at the water. We were silent once again. But this time it's not awkward, but more like, peaceful.

 

 

"Are your parents looking for me also?"

 

 

"No, they didn't know."

 

 

"Ohhh..."

 

 

I felt the sadness in her voice so I got curious and asked, "Why?"

 

 

 

She just shook her head, refusing to tell me anything. I sighed and got up. When will she open up to me? To my parents? To anyone? "Hey let's go, they're probably preparing the food now..."

 

 

 

She got up and followed me back to the camp. When we came back, my parents were a bit worried because we we're both 'missing'. My mom hugged me tightly while Dara just stood there watching us with that sadness lingering in her eyes.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Thank you very much for your comments! ^ ^