The Boyfriend and Best Friend

Filling An Empty Space

 

Tick tock time is running out better move fast everything will be gone nothing’s gonna last…

 

 

Damn this stupid alarm….I could hardly open my eyes as I try to turn off the alarm of my cell phone. I use it rather than my alarm clock cuz it’s more effective. I walked to the bathroom and checked myself on the mirror. I look so stressed! How is it even possible for my eyebags to become like that of Seungri’s?!

 

 

I wasn’t able to have a peaceful sleep last night. I kept thinking about Dara and Jiyong. Every time I tried closing my eyes all I can imagine are them having their sweet couple moments. Aish! I want to bang my head on the mirror. I think I’m going crazy!

 

 

 

After I’m done putting on my uniform, I headed to the kitchen. “Woah! What are you doing here?!” Behold, in front of me is the great G-Dragon sitting beside Dara and feeding her like a father feeding her baby daughter.

 

 

“Good morning hyung!” he greeted me with a huge smile on his face. Dara just waved at me because she can’t speak with full. She looks like a cute hamster with food stuffed in making her cheeks really puffy.

 

 

“Why are you here this early?”

 

 

“I want to walk with my girlfriend to school” He said while pinching Dara’s cheek.

 

 

I sat beside her and ate my breakfast. I tried to ignored them but Jiyong’s sweet talks and Dara’s giggles are really distracting me! “I’m off to school…” I lost appetite. Without waiting for them, I walked out of our home.

 

~~~

 

Everyone was surprised to find out that Ji and Dara are dating already. They bombarded the couple with questions.

 

 

 

“Wow! I knew you have the hots for Dara!” Bom patted Ji’s shoulder.

 

 

“Congrats bro” Why is Youngbae even congratulating him? He’s not yet getting married and besides it’s only the start of their relationship. A LOT of things can happen.

 

 

“Dara noona you don’t really love me?” Seungri hugged Dara from the waist.

 

 

Even though the maknae is only joking, Ji won’t let it be an excuse for him to be touchy with Dara. I’ve always known him as the kind of possessive type. Well who wouldn’t be, especially when your girlfriend would be as pretty and lovely as Dara, right? He glared at him with much intensity that if looks could kill, Seungri would be a roasted panda by now. “I will bite your arms off if you don’t let go of my girl” he growled.

 

 

 

My girl…funny…I used to think that Dara is MY girl.

 

 

 

Seungri let go of Dara and backed away a little. “Jeez, hyung so possessive…” he mumbled.

 

 

“Jiyongie don’t be harsh to Seungri. He’s just being sweet” she pinched his cheek.

 

 

“But I’m the only one who should be sweet to you” Jiyong pouted. He freaking pouted! Eewww! I think I’m gonna puke! Somebody! Anybody! Delete my memory of that! Since when did he start acting all cute and childish?!....Oh yeah, since he became Dara’s boyfriend. I rolled my eyes at them for the nth time.

 

 

“Looks like somebody’s jealous…” I heard Daesung whispered beside me.

 

 

My mouth went on auto mode and asked, “Who?”

 

 

“The janitor…” he gave me a sarcastic answer.

 

 

I ignored him though. I continued acting as if nothing’s wrong…oops, that’s a song sorry…I meant I continued acting stupid. “Why would he be?”

 

 

“Seriously hyung, are you that brainless? Or you just don’t want to admit what you’re feeling?”

 

 

I stood up to throw my left-over food and also to get away from Daesung, but this fool still followed me. “Come on hyung, you could tell me. I know you’re jealous of Jiyong hyung.”

 

 

“Okay fine I admit it! I’m jealous, happy?!”

 

 

He gave satisfied smirk, and I know he’ll continue interrogating me. Remind me again why he became my favorite dongsaeng? “I knew it. Why didn’t you tell Dara that you like her?”

 

 

“I got jealous because I don’t get to spend time with my BEST FRIEND anymore, and not because of any other reason.”

 

 

“Why are you still denying the fact that you love her?!” he grabbed me on the shoulders and shook me.

 

 

 

I am not denying it…at least not to myself. I’ve realized that I like Dara more than just a friend a long time ago already. I just can’t let others know, especially her. I don’t know if she only sees me as a brother or a best friend so I can’t really risk what we have yet. I don’t want to wake up one day, finding her distancing herself from me.

 

 

 

“I am not denying anything.” I glared at him before coming back to the table. I noticed that Dara is once again leaving some of her food out. She tends to not finish all of her food, which is why she’s so thin. Without saying a word, I grabbed her chopsticks and picked her food.

 

 

“Eat this or I will not let you leave.” I brought the food closer to her.

 

 

“But Tabi, I’m full already…” she made a sad face like those of cartoon characters, but I held my ground.

 

 

“No, eat this. Or do you want me to feed you twice at home?”

 

 

She protested a little but took the food in . I patted her head, “Good Santokki…”

 

 

We then heard someone cough rather purposely which distracted us. It came from Jiyong. “Uh hyung what are you doing?”

 

 

“Feeding this rabbit like I always do…Is there something wrong?” I raised my brow at him.

 

 

“No need to do that, hyung. I can take care of my girlfriend” he took the chopsticks away from me.

 

 

 

He fed her until is full of food again and she had to chew fast. At one point she began choking, both I and Jiyong grabbed a water bottle but I beat him to it. I let Dara drink from my bottle while I pat her back.

 

 

 

“You’re a rabbit not a snake! Don’t try to eat everything at once” I scolded her.

 

 

“Are you okay?” Jiyong cupped her face and made her turn to him. Dara nodded and drank some more water. I just sighed and looked at the couple.

 

~~~

 

When the classes have ended, I waited for Dara so that we could go home together. But when I saw Jiyong walking excitedly towards our direction, I could tell that I’m going home alone.

 

“Dara let’s go” he said as he took her hand.

 

 

“Where are you two going?”

 

 

Jiyong smiled widely when I asked him, “Our very first date.”

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me about this?” I eyed Dara.

 

 

“Sorry Tabi, I forgot to tell you earlier. Don’t worry I’ll bring you something when I get back” she winked at me.

 

 

It’s not about that, I don’t care if she told me or not. I’m not depressed because I can’t walk home with her, but because she’s on a date, with Ji, not with me. The two waved goodbye at me and went off to wherever in Korea they’re going.

 

 

I was frowning while I’m walking down the hallway when a guy blocked my path. It was my former classmate, Jung Jinwoon. I haven’t talk to him ever since we were in a different section from each other.

 

 

“Hey Seunghyun! Wassup?”

 

 

“Nothing much. So what are you doing here? Classes are already over…”

 

 

Jinwoon bowed and scratched the back of his head as he got a letter from his pocket. “Uhm, bro can you give this to Dara?”

 

 

I took the letter and looked at him in disbelief, “Is this a love letter?!”

 

 

“Aish, Seunghyun don’t shout it out. And yes, that’s a love letter.”

 

 

“Sorry bro but Dara already has a boyfriend…” I handed him the letter again but he refused to get it, this stubborn guy.  

 

 

“It’s okay. I just want her to know what I feel. Who knows? She might leave you because of me,” he then winked.

 

 

Son of a….! Did I just get a double insult? “I’m not her boyfriend. It’s Jiyong.” I gritted my teeth.

 

 

“That Kwon guy… Hmm…Oh well I still have my chances. Anyway, I have to go now. See you later bro.”

 

 

When he was finally out of sight, I tore the letter into pieces and threw it in the nearest trash can. This arrogant bastard will be nowhere near Dara, I’ll make sure of it. If Jiyong hears about this I bet he’ll confront Jinwoon, and it wouldn’t be good. You see, Kwon has this short temper on cocky bastards, and not to mention Jinwoon has a thing for his girlfriend, so I’m sure he won’t hold back on him, if ever.

 

 

I wonder how many boys have a special liking for Dara. It’s enough that I have Jiyong as my rival I don’t want to add more. I don’t even know what to do about my feelings for her. Tsk, I guess I’ll just have to find out what will happen next. 

 

 


 

 

A/N: I think my readers want to kill me because of the DaraGon moment hahaha XD