Welcome To The Family

Filling An Empty Space

 

Saturday came and we were all excited for the arrival of our house guest. We painted the guest room pink and placed many stuff toys in there. I do hope that she likes girly things because it would be a total waste of time and money if she doesn't appreciate her new room. 
 
 
 
 
An hour before her arrival, my mom asked me to look good and act properly when she comes. It's not like we're gonna meet the queen's daughter so why need to be formal? But nevertheless I complied with my mother's orders. Good thing we're not the one picking her up in the airport, so I had a lot of time to fix myself. 
 
 
 
 
I decided to wait in my room and play some video game to kill time. I then heard my mom calling me already, saying that our dear guest has arrived. I took a final look in the mirror and fixed my hair before running down to the living room to join my parents. 
 
 
 
 
We heard the car stopped and waited. The door opened and we see a very petite girl standing in front of us, like how a lead character makes a grand entrance in a movie. She was wearing a simple white dress with a matching small ribbon on her head. I was amazed at how cute she looks like. She's like a living doll with her soft facial features, flawless skin and her small body.
 
 
 
 
My mom approached her and gave her a hug as she welcomes her, "Hello! I hope you would enjoy your stay here my darling Sandara."
 
 
 
When omma let go of her, she bowed at us and said in her sweet, soft voice, "You can call me Dara. Thank you for the warm welcome..."
 
 
 
My father then bend slightly to whisper on my ear, "Oy introduce yourself." I sighed knowing that my father is teasing me again. He knows I'm awkward to strangers, especially to girls. 
 
 
 
I stood in front of her and introduced myself, "Hey, I'm Choi Seunghyun. Nice to meet you..." 
 
 
 
 
She accepted the handshake and bowed at me again. But I could tell she's feeling nervous because her hand was slightly shaking. When I break the hand shake, she remained quiet and avoided our gaze. I don't blame her if she feels awkward, who wouldn't be if you're about to stay with a family you barely know? 
 
 
 
 
"Dara you can go to your room now and fix your things. The maids have already put your bags in the room. Do you want to eat something?"
 
 
 
"No, thank you ma'am. I'm still full." 
 
 
 
"No need to call me ma'am. Why don't you just call me...hmm...omma?" my mom winked at her. 
 
 
 
She looked up at my mom and flashed the most beautiful smile I have ever seen, "Neh...o..omma.." 
 
 
 
"Good! Seunghyun, why don't you show her to her new room?"
 
 
 
"Me? Why me?" 
 
 
 
"Because I said so. Come on now, don't be rude to our guest..." my mom playfully pushed me towards the stairs. "Dara follow him. Seunghyun would lead you to your room..." 
 
 
 
 
I saw her nod at my mom and then looked at me. I blushed as our eyes met so I just turned around and started heading upstairs. I can hear her little footsteps following me. But she didn't bother to say anything. On the other hand, I remained quiet also, not knowing how to start a conversation with a girl whom I just met. 
 
 
 
 
I stopped in front of the guest room and opened the door for her. "This would be your room..." 
 
 
 
She stepped inside and looked around. I want to ask her if she likes it but then again I don't know how to talk to her. I stood there awkwardly as she continues to examine the room. I faked a cough and said, "If you need anything we'll just be downstairs..."
 
 
 
She nodded at me, and said "Thank you..." which was barely loud for me to here. I closed the door and left her.  
 
 
 
 
By the way she acted earlier, I can say that she's a shy type and very feminine too. Not that I don't like it, but I can see that it would quite hard for me to befriend her. But I don't mind putting an effort in reaching her, because something about this girl is telling me that getting to know her more would be the best thing to do. 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Chapter 1! XD Seunghyun meeting Dara! XD Any comments or violent reactions? ;) Feel free to say it ^ ^ Thanks for reading! :3