7TH DAY - WU YIFAN

12 DAYS OF EXO

Again. I am stuck here at the library for three days already after class.

I can’t help it! I need not to let my grades drop especially when a Chinese guy had challenged me for it. Wu YiFan, but he has an English name, Kris.

I sighed to myself thinking why did I ahve to be so stupid to accept his challenge because of a stupid table in the cafeteria and for talking ill-mannered to a Korean girl who is my classmate.

 

[What Happened]

I was just happened to be passing by after I got my food. I saw my two Korean classmates and was about to sit with them when suddenly a tall, handsome, blonde guy stood in front of them and said in a perfect English with his deep voice,

“I think the table’s too big for just the two of you. Why don’t you use the other one.” He pointed to the table at the far right, near the window which is more than twenty feet away.

They have already started eating, isn’t that a bit rude?

The girl with a short light brown hair stood up. If I’m not mistaken, that’s Chaerin.

“Sorry but we’ve been here for more than twenty minutes already plus we’re eating, can’t you see? I don’t think we can there since we’re pretty much settled here.”

But Kris just looks at her and smirks, making Chaerin flush.

Yes. Kris’ another secret weapon is his handsome face and y smirk. Once you’ve seen them, you can never say no to him. It pisses me off whenever he does that. I’ve seen that smirk several times already whenever there is a meeting between the student council and organization officers.

What’s my organization and position?

I’m the Vice President of the photography club. But most of the time I act as the President since our ‘President’ is a lazy panda that either sleep, eat or practices his Wushu. HwangZitao or just Tao.

What’s Kris position?

Kris is just the Friggin’ President of the Student Council.

Sometimes I think either he was voted due to his handsome face or his scary face.

So back to what happened...

The girl’s face was flushed. I know that she needs some rescue from the embarrassment or killer smirk that Kris is putting on. I don’t know what went on my mind that I cut them off and told him,

“Geez Kris, stop being a jerk and let them have the table.” Ooops...

I felt some glare from his fangirls and some gasp from the rest of the student body because no one can talk to the President like that. Especially to Kris.

“Did I hear you right? Hazel Ong?”

Oh no... I gulped the big lump on my throat.

“Yes.” I eyed him, raising one eyebrow at him. I guess this means ‘Challenge Accepted’.

He smirks at me but I don’t feel any power from it. I just want to get this over with and done.

“Next quarter exam. If you surpassed me, I’m going to admit that I’m really a jerk.”

Duh, you really are one.

“BUT,” he added. “If I’m still #1, you have to be my gofer for a week. Sounds good doesn’t it?” he was having this evil grin on his face.

I’m thinking twice about this bet. I started calculating and computing my GPA in my mind when Kris started to talk.

“Hey. Don’t tell me you’re chickening out.” He laugh out loud and his fangirls also laugh with him.

Argh! This arrogant jerk! I was smoking my anger out. Not literally though.

“Fine! But to add on the bet, you have to be my slave also if I won.”

This sentence got me a jaw drop from Kris. But he gained his composure immediately. Some whistled by my bet, while his fangirls cursed me or saying stuff like,

“As if you could win !”

“Duh, he’s Kris and you’re what?”

Kris hushed everyone and there was now silence with only his voice echoingthrough the cafeteria. And again, with his dangerous smirk he opened his mouth and said,

“Sure.”

Then he turned his back on me and walked away.

“You shouldn’t have done that Hazel!” Chaerin scolded me with her hands on my shoulders and shaking me. “Are you out of your mind?! That’s Kris we’re talking about and it’s the quarter exams we’re talking about here, not just some simple quiz. He had the top for like 2 semesters already so it’s 6 quarter exams equivalent!”

Chaerin was now pulling her hair. I just hope she doesn’t lose all of it. But remembering what I did a while ago makes me also want to pull my hair too.

______________

“This is it!”

It was finally the day and I felt confident aboutmyself that I would get the #1 spot from Kris.

“Hazel...” Chaerin and Minyeon caught me walking along the corridor. There were worry on their faces.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes! I’m fine!” I held out a fist to them showing my fighting spirit.

“But I don’t think you look like it...” Minyeon frowned at me.

“I’m fine. Really. Look!”

I walk backwards to show them that I’m fine but then I got a bit dizzy at the same time, bumped to someone.

“Hey!”

I couldn’t see his face. Only blurred outline.

“I’m sorry...” I got those words out before fainting to his arms.

__________

The next thing I know, I was inside the clinic. I look beside me and saw a guy sleeping then I glanced at my watch to check the time.

“So its... 12:40pm!?” my eyes widened in panic.

“NOOOOOOO!!!” I screamed in hysteria.

“Huh?” the guy woke up and to my surprise it was Kris.

Fudge! Why him!?

I ducked my head under the sheets and weep to myself.

“Hey, Hazel Ong, are you okay?” he tapped me through the sheets and I can’t help but hiss on him,

“Don’t touch me!” then I went back to weeping.

“Geez... and I thought I was being a good guy by bringing you here.”

“What!?” I stood up too abruptly that I started to get dizzy again.

“Owww...”

“Hey,” Kris moved closer. “Look at me.” And when I suddenly bobbed up my face his eyes were wide and our nose bumping to each other and our lips...

my first kiss!!!

Kris backed away and then covered his mouth and his face went red.

“I-Uh...i’ll go now...” he stummered.

_____________

After a week, the result for the examination was posted. I checked the list to see if Kris still got the first place. There were two girl standing in front of the bulletin board where the results are posted.

“Aww... too bad Kris didn’t get the #1 spot.”

“Yeah. Because of some certain people, he needs to help them so he didn’t get to take them on the day itself.” The other girl was throwing me daggers by her looks.

I looked at the list and saw that a Korean exchange student aced it.

[Park Gyuri]

“Kyaaaaa~!!!” a girl squealed behind me. “Tao-oppa must do what he promised!” then the girl scuttered off.

“I guess it’s not bad to give off my #1 spot.” A guy who was standing behind me said. I turned around and saw Kris smiling.

face Kris is smiling?

My eyes widened at the revelation. And metally dropped my jaw.

“Hey, you okay?” he waved his hands.

“Y-yeah.” I replied.

Then he smiled again. This is getting creepy.

“See you around, Hazel.”

“No more Hazel Ong, whole name basis?”

He grinned which was really kind of cute.

“Yeah.”

Now this got me a flush on my cheeks and my heart thumping.