3RD DAY - KAI (KIM JONGIN)

12 DAYS OF EXO

 

It was one of those days where I would go to my piano lesson and again saw this guy dancing on the other room in front of the music room. Even after my lesson ends, he was still there dancing. His shirt was drenched in sweat but his face doesn’t show that he’s tired.

“HeeMi-ah, is there something wrong?” my teacher asked.

“Ah, no. it’s nothing.”

When I looked back at the window, I saw the guy looking at me. He stopped dancing and wipes himself with a towel and smirked at me.

“W-what the?”

“HeeMi?”

Ah, no. I’m sorry.”

I didn’t look back at him again and headed down stairs to go home. I took the key from my bag and started unlocking the chain off my bike.

“Hi.” Someone called and when I turned my back it was that guy that I saw a while ago.

“Uh, Hello.” That’s all I can say.

 

The rain started to fall.

 

Oh no… I didn’t even bring my umbrella

I just looked at the sky thinking, when will the rain stop?

“Here.” A black umbrella was offered to me by the guy I just met.

“B-but-“

“It’s okay.” He placed the umbrella on my hands. “You can give it to me next time.” Then he smiled at me.

“JongIn!” someone called and he turned around to see.

“I got to go now.” Were the last words he said that day to me before he ran through the rain towards that girl who is holding a yellow umbrella. I could somehow hear them talking from here.

“where is your umbrella?” the girl asked.

“I think I left it at home. Here let me hold it for you.” He said and holds onto the girl’s hand and shoulder.

Is that his girlfriend? Well it doesn’t really bother me. Really.

 

_______________________________________________________

 

“Mom, I’m home.”

The house was empty as I hear my own voice echoed.

I removed m shoes and went down to the kitchen to get some water.

I’ll be home late. I’ve fixed your dinner, it’s on the table. Was written on the note that was posted on the fridge.

“If I’d known she’ll be late I should’ve practiced a bit longer.” Then I remember the guy who was practicing in the other room.

JongIn right? That’s the name called by the girl he went home with.

I looked at the umbrella that I opened at the living room to be dried.

I’ll return it to him tomorrow.

 

________________________________________________________

 

The next day I decided to bring also my umbrella, just in case that it’ll rain at least I won’t have to borrow his umbrella again.

I looked at the studio in front of the music room and there he was, dancing. I was about to knock but someone unexpectedly opened the door.

“Aren’t you going to come in?” a very very tall guy with a very very deep voice that contradicts his baby face greeted me.

“Uhm… no. I was just going to return something to him.”

“Oh, kkamjong?”

“Kkam… jong?”

The tall guy grinned.

“here. Let’s go inside.” He opened the door so I could come in then I stood behind him.

This guy is really tall that I caould hide behind his back.

“Hey kkamjong!” the tall guy called JongIn.

“Oh, Chanyeol-hyung.”

“Your girlfriend is looking for you.”

Huh? What?

Then Chanyeol the really tall guy moves aside.

“Ohh, the piano girl.” He said and he stopped the music and smiled at me.

P-Piano girl!?  My eyes widened at the nickname that he gave me.

“Uhm… I just came to return this to you.” I walked towards him and handed him his umbrella.

“Thank.” I bowed. “I’m gonna go now.” Then I went out of the room quickly.

 Phew…

 

__________________________________________________

 

The class ended in a flash and I took out my phone to check my messages. I was scanning through it and saw my mom’s message.

I’ll be coming home a bit late. Sorry that I hadn’t prepared you a dinner. Take care always. Mom.

“So I guess I’ll be alone at home again. I think I’ll practice a bit longer.”

 

________________________________________________

 

I didn’t think it would take me ‘til 7pm but I still want to practice so I decided to play one last piece.

As I play each key, I could feel the melody flow from me and to my hands. The sound that the piano makes… I consider it as my feelings… but then I remember something and it quickly me back and in an instant I made a smashing sound on the keys. I tried to breathe in slowly and bring myself back to pace.

“Excuse me.”

Someone knocks on the door. When I turned around, it was JongIn.

“Is everything okay?”

“Ah, yes. Why?”

“Well… I didn’t mean to but I was outside your door and listening to you play…but then I heard a smashing sound…”

“I’m sorry.” I apologized and touch my head. “I must’ve been tired so I sort of made a smashing sound.”

“Ah, no. I should be the one apologizing.”

I just looked at my hands and it was shaking. JongIn approach me and said,

“I think you’ve been exerting too much effort.” He said as he looks at my hands. “Everyone needs a rest. Even you.”

I blushed at what he’d said. I feel guilty for myself.

“O-okay.”

He smiled and took my hands into his.

“Your fingers are very long and slender.” He opened his hands and place my palm over his but I pulled away.

This is embarrassing. Why is he holding my hands?

“u-uhm! I think I need to go home now.” I quickly stood up from the chair but I can’t seem to go anywhere because of his grasp.

“Don’t go home yet. He said as he showed me a smile. “Do you want to have fun?”

 

________________________________________________

 

Next thing I know I was at the arcade with this guy. I can’t help but sigh. I’m not really entertained by arcades.

“I guess you’re bored huh?” he said as he shoot the last ball to the basket.

“well… I’m not really an arcade person…”

“Hmm…” he didn’t say anything. He just stood there touching his lips.

His lips were pink and look soft as he touches them with the tip of his forefinger. I gulped as he does it in front of me. In my vision everything he does was in slow motion. Even on those times that I see him dance he looks kind of… y.

No! No! No! must not think that way!

“Uhm, sorry but I didn’t get your name back then and I even drag you here…” he said as he scratch the back of his head.

“uhm, its Park HeeMi.”

“Ahh…” he looks at my eyes and gave me a sweet smile and suddenly he took my hand.

“Kim JongIn.”

He looks around and came close to my right ear and whispers,

“Do you want to go some place where we could be alone?”

I can feel my cheeks burn and can only respond with,

“Eh?”

 

_________________________________________________

 

“Hey! Where are we going?” I called to him as I walk with a blindfold as he assist me.

“Trust me. You’ll like it.”

I can’t help but get sweaty hands over this since this is my first time being dragged by a guy with a blindfold on.

“Ouch!” I yelped as I bumped onto something. It was hard and I crouched down to touch my shin.

“I’m sorry about that! Here let me carry you.” He placed an arm on my back then his other arm behind my knees.

“Uh, hey. Its okay, I can still walk.”

“No. it’s not okay. My sister always tells me to be always gentle when it comes to girls.”

“oh… you have a sister…”

“Yeah. She’s the one who picked me up last time.”

“She’s your sister? I thought she was your girlfriend…”

“eh? Girlfriend? Pffft!” he tried to control his laugh but I could hear it.

 

__________________________________________________

 

After a few minutes, JongIn settled me down.

“Phew… we’re here!”

“Uhm, my blindfold?” I said as I pointed to my face.
“Oh! Haha. I’m sorry.” He took my blindfold off. I could feel my knees shake that I can’t control my balance anymore and stumbled in front of JongIn.

“Ah! I’m sorry!” I said as I tried to stand up but instead of pushing me away, he placed as arm over me and whispers,

“look over there.” He pointed to our right side.

We were at the rooftop and we could see the bridge change its lights beautifully. We watched it for a minute or two until I realized again that I’m on top of him. I quickly stood up and fixed my skirt.

“Uhm…” both of us said at the same time.

“You first.”

“No. I insist.” Kai insisted.

“No, I’ve been troublesome to you-“ he stopped me from talking by placing a finger on my lips.

“Girls are never troublesome. Expecially you.” He came close to my face and…

BOOM! The fireworks were all over the dark sky. Making the stars invisible. Both of us looked at it. Different colors were being spread all over the black sky. Both of us laughed but JongIn stopped soon and looks at me straight in the eyes.

 

 

“Did you know that I’ve already fallen for you even before I get to know your name?”