1ST DAY - SUHO (KIM JOONMYUNG)

12 DAYS OF EXO

 

The sun was so bright as it hits my face as i walk through the pavements going to school.
There are also other people walking along with me.
But there’s this one particular guy that always caught my attention.

He was wearing a white polo with black seams.
A uniform of that exquisite all boys school called KHS just right beside our all girls school.

He must be popular. With looks like that he might even be a model.

“Oppa~ Good Morning!” the girls from my school greets him and he just smile at them and in an instant those girls got swoon at their feet. I also want to see that smile except it’s directed at me. Only for me. I know it’s selfish but I want to know him for myself. Just to satisfy my curiosity.

I was still looking at him when he unexpectedly smiles at my direction, but then I heard this group of girls screaming at my back.

“Prince JoonMyung!!!”

 

“Oh Hera, you’re staring at the prince again but this time he directly returned your stare with a smile! You’re so lucky!”

“He’s not smiling at me. He’s smiling at those girls YooHee.”

“Oh really?” My friend Kim YooHee was smirking at me.

“But still, look at your face! You’re so red!” she was laughing at me when she suddenly hit in someone’s back.

“Hey!” a guy with the same school uniform as JoonMyung yelled.

“Mianhe.” My friend immediately apologized and then grabbed me away.

 

“Shoot! Of all people why did it have to be that guy!” YooHee rant.

Well I think it was lucky she bumped to a cute guy, but that guy seemed to have a cranky attitude yet he is also admired like the prince.

SeHun. He who always looks mad.

Well it always shows on his face but he used to be YooHee’s childhood friend before they entered high school. Oh well, seems like they will have a different story.

 

 

*bell rang*

I was at the gate waiting for YooHee since she said to meet up there. I was scanning through my phone when someone tapped my shoulder.

“Excuse me. Are you a friend of YooHee?”

I can’t say anything. Why? Because the Prince is talking to me!

“Excuse me?” he waves a hand over my face.

“Uhm, sorry. What was it again?” I felt embarrassed and apologized immediately. But instead of getting mad, he just grinned. I felt my heart flutter as his lips curve.

“Hera!” YooHee called.

“Are you YooHee?” the Prince asked YooHee.

“Y-yeah. Why?”

“Here.” He handed her an envelope. “please open it at home.”

“Uh...Okay. Thanks.”

Prince JoonMyung waved goodbye but it feels like he looked at my eyes and held it for a moment.

“He’s really is a prince.” YooHee commented as soon and he disappears.

“Yeah…”

Both of us stared at the envelope.

“Let’s go at my house so we could check what’s inside.”

 

 

YooHee lived at an apartment with her parents and brother, JongIn(Kai), who is also studying at KHS.

We went to her room and quickly sat at her bed.

I’m getting nervous. “What is it?”

She opened the envelope and it contained a letter.

“I have something important to tell you. Please meet me near Cheonggyecheon at 8pm. And also, bring your friend with you.”

“what’s with you and SeHun?” I asked YooHee.

“I don’t know. Don’t ask me.” Her face was still surprised.

“W-wait. What if he’s going to tell me he likes me? Aww… you should really come with me.”

“Do I have a choice?”

But why do I have to go? Shouldn’t it she should come alone? That’s kind of odd…

 

 

We met at 7-eleven. YooHee was wearing a cute white jacket with rabbit ears. She even wore make-up. Me, on the other hand, wears nothing but a red coat with my hair tied up in a knot and just some loose powder on my face.

“Let’s go. It’s almost 8.”

 

 

We went to the said place and waited for SeHun to arrive.
YooHee was stuttering. I don’t know if because it’s cold or she’s getting nervous.
I grab her hands to make her calm.

“Kim YooHee sorry for the wait. Let’s go.”

SeHun arrived but as soon as he did he took YooHee away from the place.

“H-hey… don’t leave me alone…” sigh.

“Actually, you’re not alone.”

Someone was behind me. The light was a bit dim as my eyes were adjusting to see who’s face is it.i stepped back as soon as I realized who it was. It was Kim JoonMyung. Why is he here?

“Pri- I mean you’re Kim JoonMyung right?”

He nodded and asked, “how do you know my name?”

“Uhh, well… you’re really popular at our school…” being good-looking and such is what I really want to tell him.

“Oh, that’s good then. I don’t need to introduce myself anymore.”

Uhm…what’s going on?

“Please go out with me.”

“E-excuse me!?” my eyes widened at his confession.

He touched my hand all of a sudden.

“I know it’s kind of sudden and you don’t even know me that much.”

Well, the latter is not true since I always watch him.

“I don’t know but whenever I see you, I have this urge to touch you. Yet you always took your eyes away whenever I look back.”

Well, that’s because it’s embarrassing.

“Uhm…” I don’t think I want to cause a riot to his fan club so I was thinking of rejecting him. But he gave those I’ll-be-sad-and-you’re-guilty-for-it look.

“…let me think about it first.” His grip tightened and he gave me one of his smile that could instantly melt anyone’s heart.

“Thank you.”

 

 

The next morning was different.

YooHee seems a bit different. Did something happen between her and SeHun?

“Hera-sshi, Good Morning.” JoonMyung was behind us with SeHun. But as soon as YooHee saw them she suddenly sprint away leaving me behind and SeHun also ran to catch her.

“YooHee! Wait! I’m not done with you!” SeHun yelled.

I stopped walking as I was making the moment sink to my head then I felt JoonMyung beside me.

“Uh, Good Morning.”

 

We were walking side by side each other. The wind was a bit cold so I shivered a bit. He suddenly grab my hand to his.

“I hope this can help you warm up.”

Not only my hands were getting warmed up but I can also feel my cheeks burn.

 

We were both near our school so I waved off his hands unconsciously. I just remembered his fan club is always waiting for him at the gates.

“Sorry but I have to go.”

No matter how much I like him… if many people are going to against it… I rather hide my feelings for him. Even if I’m the one who hurts the most…

 

[okay. I remembered the song by 2am “I wonder if you hurt like me”.

I dunno if it’s a good BG music but just try it tho~ :D]

 

 

 

After the class ended, I decided to go to the place where I would always go whenever I feel glad, blessed or troubles. I walked across Chungcheongnam-do and there you can see a church. I always go to the church on Sundays but if my mind is troubled I always go here to find comfort and to pray.

I walked inside and sat at the bleacher in the middle. The place where I would always kneel to greet God,

 

Hello God…

there have been too much turn of events…

yesterday the guy that I always looked at confessed to me.

Yes, I’m glad… but… I don’t think I can accept his feelings though I really like him…

it’s just that… no matter where you look, we just don’t seem to be compatible,

some will be against it because he’s perfect

and I know everyone wishes to have him. Even me…

 

I can feel my eyes tearing. I was about to grab my handkerchief when someone offered one to me and when I look up to see who it was, I stopped my prayers and stood up to go but he grabs me wrist and plead,

“Don’t go.”

His face seemed pained.

 

“How did you know I’m here?”

“Because this is the place where we first met. You might not remember me since I changed a lot.”

“Well, I can’t really remember…”

He showed me a paper.

“Take a look at it.” I opened it and surprised by the content.

“You’re that boy that I met before?”

“Yes.” His face shows gladness as I remember who he was…

 

 

2 years ago while praying, I heard someone crying at the church. It was a chubby guy in glasses. I approached him to console him.

“Hi. Are you okay?”

With his teary face he looks at me. Uhh… of course he’s not okay.

“Why are you crying?” I asked.

“I-I failed SHS entrance exam… my parents expects me to pass it easily.”

“Oh, but SHS isn’t the school out there. There’s this school called KHS. It’s beside the school that I’m going to. It may not be SHS but it almost has the same standards.”

Then I remembered something that always sheer me on. So I got my pad and wrote something on it.

[Psalm 23: 1-6]

There. That should do it. I tore it from my pad, folded it and placed it to his hands.

“Read it.” I smiled at that boy and left.

 

 

“After I’ve read this, it motivated me to do my best and change myself. He holds both of my hands tight.

“It’s you who made me this way.”

His words touched my heart as it removes all of the uncertainty that I have.

As the bell of the church tolls. I received something sweet as his soft lips touches mine and his hands gently touches my face.

“Now, I’ll never let you run away from me again.”